Welcome to Gaia! ::

xXButterflied MemoriesXx
i set it up, however the code i'm given by the authenticator never works

What device are you doing this on? And is your phone's time set by your provider?

Kheresan's Widow

Ice-Cold Neko

So this is for Gaia Mobile only?

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
edy
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

What device are you doing this on? And is your phone's time set by your provider?

iphone 4s
what exactly do you mean by time set?
icywind1980

This is for logging in to the site. You use the Google Autheticator app to provide the Secondary Auth Token requested at login. Right now, the mobile app (Android and iOS) don't require it yet.

It's used when logging in through a browser.
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
edy
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

iphone 4s

The time on the phone can be set manually, by yourself, or it can be synced to your network provider's time.

Is the time on your phone the same as this Google URL?

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+time+is+it+now

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I couldn't find the info elsewhere but does this stack or is separate from needing the IP verification to your email?

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
edy
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
edy
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

iphone 4s

The time on the phone can be set manually, by yourself, or it can be synced to your network provider's time.

Is the time on your phone the same as this Google URL?

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+time+is+it+now

Ah that. It's set by the provider. Phones provider is sprint.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
iphone 3GS, iOS 6
CST
Yes.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
edy
icywind1980

This is for logging in to the site. You use the Google Autheticator app to provide the Secondary Auth Token requested at login. Right now, the mobile app (Android and iOS) don't require it yet.

ooooooooooooooh okay now i get it! thanks for answering that.

Kheresan's Widow

Ice-Cold Neko

edy
icywind1980

None of these options look like they are for an internet browser on a computer...

1) Download and install Google Authenticator.

Google Autheticator for iOS (iPod, iPad, iPhone)
Google Autheticator for Android
Google Autheticator for Blackberry (follow directions on Google's install page)
Set it up for my main. The scan didn't work. Had to type in the code. Logged out my main to test it out. Can't get back into account.... /facepalm.

ipod touch 4th gen. iOS 6.01
EST

main: immortal cookies

Diligent Student

Don't ever use Google Authenticator app. It's suck. My friends warned me about this. Pls, don't ever use it!

Time-traveling Senshi

Edy I think a lot of people are going to be totally confused by this because the authenticator app says it's for use with Google accounts. It doesn't mention that it can be used on third party sites or that you don't have to have a Google account to get the number. It would be nice if you mention on the page you link to that you don't need to have a Google account to use the code on Gaia. Right now Google mentions nothing about using their authenticator with third party sites.

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
First off, I couldn't get my iPhone to recognize the barcode thing, so I ended up typing in the code by hand, which is why I don't have a picture of anything~
I'm on an iPhone 4S and I download the app and everything, however I named the account something I didn't like after I had already authorized it and everything, so I figured I could just delete it and re-do it.

No. sad So, basically, to log into my account I need a code I no longer have access to.

I need help D:
Pheregames
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I couldn't find the info elsewhere but does this stack or is separate from needing the IP verification to your email?

They stack. You can have both enabled.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces