Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Warlord

62,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
More tears! Oh, I mean tiers. XD So...we have a lot of recolours coming, don't we?

I was here for the 2009 S.O.S. I still do not remember us not being able to buy anything from the shops involved. I'm rather put off by the you cannot gold sink during a gold sink event because we will be either shifting all items to another store or creating new ones. Seems stupid. Buying items directly from the gold shops are a gold sink. Why further limit our ability to sink gold?

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
They should have reopened the store. But as long as some artists have to suffer to make 50+ items for a gold shop, I'm happy they raised it. emotion_dowant

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
InstaDeathInAJar
Soulbane

They've been playing dirty all the gold sinks, gold gens, Gold sinks mostly to sell gold gens. I doubt there will be an end, unless someone who actually cares takes command and is willing to work through all the s**t anyone will give to try and actually fix it.

At this point I'm not even sure it can be fixed. Remember gas prices being low? Once they went up and they realized people would still pay as much as they did, they never went back down. D:

Someone else actually remembers that?!

Every time I mention this to anyone they're like uh no, that never happened.
(there's even graphs online, that prove this!)

Anyway, holding this shop for ransom is making me sick

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
dreamsk
They should have reopened the store. But as long as some artists have to suffer to make 50+ items for a gold shop, I'm happy they raised it. emotion_dowant

Here's to hoping they're not recolors or totally unrelated to fall and winter!

(More green, orange, and black that actually match and aren't badly shaded/colored/flat/etc)

Feral Bloodsucker

6,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I think a lot of people just stopped giving a Sh*t about donating when they saw that the store would still be here, because the donations have really slowed down rofl

Faolchunna's Waifu

Sweet Lunatic

Soulbane
it can be fixed. maybe not a low as many of us once remember, but over a long period of time and some major work it can be fixed its just Gaia doesn't seem to wanna work to fix it. the saying breaking something is much easier than fixing it comes to mind.

It's not so much I don't think it CAN be fixed, it's more with the changes/efforts I've seen I don't think it's very likely. I have seen prices drop slightly from when they were at their worst, but it's been plateauing. If it is to be fixed, you're right: it will take a long time and lots of work. I mean changing gold gen items into items than also generate charms or items was sort of a good idea, but the gold gens are still there.

Also, GoFusion charms were pretty cool when they were first released and they kept adding new things, but even that looks to be slowing down.

its a curse
InstaDeathInAJar
At this point I'm not even sure it can be fixed. Remember gas prices being low? Once they went up and they realized people would still pay as much as they did, they never went back down. D:

Someone else actually remembers that?!

Every time I mention this to anyone they're like uh no, that never happened.
(there's even graphs online, that prove this!)

Anyway, holding this shop for ransom is making me sick

Yay! I'm not the only one who remembers! God, it used to kill me every time I had to fill up my gas tank back then (right after it went up to $4 something). It used to be $2-something a gallon, no? It was a HUGE thing, the gas prices going up, so I'm pretty surprised people you mentioned to deny it ever happened. XD. I don't really drive anymore (moved to a place with a lot of public transportation which has spoiled me) so I know nothing of the current gas pricing and if it's any lower/higher now. [=

Kindly Conversationalist

Mrs Graverobber
I think a lot of people just stopped giving a Sh*t about donating when they saw that the store would still be here, because the donations have really slowed down rofl
Yep! I think the same thing. They really slowed to a crawl when the tier to save the store was reached. I think the only reason people even donated was to save it.

Ruthless Fashionista

Mrs Graverobber

I will never stop finding this funny.

The unsurprising assumption to glean from the donations basically stopping once we hit 60 trillion is that no one really cares about their crappy "Louie will crap out x many items wowee" incentive they just don't want a prominent fixture of the site to vanish for dumb reasons.

Why not just be honest and say "hey, give us money or we'll make some d**k moves"?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff