Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Link

Uh, Gaia, don't you think it's a little too soon to be having yet another kickstart? Is this #9, #10, or #11 within the span of just under 4 months? You haven't even completed the rewards for some of the last few kickstarts. You need to give the users some breathing room. Eventually people will get tired of cleaning up after the mess you continually make by selling gold generators with gold generator buyers.

Not to mention, while the NPC addition is nice and all, I think the overall idea is a bit tacky :/. I don't know all the details about this yet, but it seems to me like we need to raise funds for a gold shop update apart from Loyal's Bazaar?

Gaia, if you're going to keep making "gold sinks", could you at least put some more effort into them? People don't want to spend their gold for things you're supposed to offer as simply a service to the site sweatdrop .

Edit - It also might be best to specify in the global reward tiers whether the items you plan to add are unique or not. I can't really imagine you making 50 unique items if all the tiers are reached as I supposed many will be recolours of one another.

September 24th Edit - So now you raised the cap from 60T to 150T? How hard would it have been to just start with a cap of 150T? Gosh damn it Gaia, you seem like you're a chicken with its head cut off always tweaking things whenever you see it fit @_@. You still didn't mention if the items you were adding were adding unique items. So if all tiers are unlocked, you plan of putting out a total of 74 items? Clarify whether they're going to be unique or not because people will be angry if they assume they are and instead you release 8 unique items each and the rest are just recolours of the ones you released.

Gambino Lover

I don't believe I can participate on this one as too little time keeps me with no time to recover the money I used on the last kickstarter :C

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

This is complete bullshit.

I bet they're hoping it fails so they can have another NPC "buy it" and put in a new cash shop we don't need.

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Its a bullshit move by Gaia. They've hit such a new low that I'm halfway out the ******** door. I'm so sick of them ******** with what use to be a great site and turned it into this s**t hole. I never liked the idea of gold sinks when they are "forced" on us like this. I've had it with the crap.

Peculiar Entrepreneur

To be fair, some people have been suggesting donating gold to shops to get more items added to the gold shops, so I assume it's in response to that.
Wow did I read that right? Only 3 tiers in the millions? Wow....That's just sad....

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I wonder if they'd actually close the store if we don't get to 60tril.

I somewhat doubt we wont reach that since we got to 190tril in the last goldsink.
Then again the incentives don't seem as good this time around, so who knows.

Shy Strawberry

I don't like the idea of the shop closing forever, but it might happen. I will not be donating anything to the event, as I haven't for any of these kickstarter/goldsinks for a while now.

The event story completely clashes with the original story, in my opinion. (No hate plz.) Don't you think we would have heard something about the debt after the disappearance of Edmund, and when Louie was frantically trying to figure out what happened? (On a side note, didn't our shops almost die once before in a weird event in the past?? -can't remember-)

I think it's laughable, I mean, to hell with it. I'm sure it won't be long until we are left with only GC shops, and an overpriced version of a Gaian Walmart department store to spend our gold in.
I find the implications of this kickstarter disturbing. Having a kickstarter to add new items/features/events that didn't exist previously is one thing. Having a kickstarter to keep an already existing thing from being permanently removed is a whole other ball game that makes me uneasy.

Shy Wife

10,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Yeah I have to agree its seems very early to have a gold sink since the last one ended yesterday or the day before

Kawaii Receiver

ThanatosRising
I find the implications of this kickstarter disturbing. Having a kickstarter to add new items/features/events that didn't exist previously is one thing. Having a kickstarter to keep an already existing thing from being permanently remove is a whole other ball game that makes me uneasy.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
!!! UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT!!!

How's about Louie can kiss my a** and we can bring Edmund back? You know, the guy who actually [******** owns the store? That might be nice. "Bring Edmund Back To His Own Goddamn Shop" kickstarter event. Now that's something I'd actually participate in.

Moonlight Pirate

24,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
I'm less bothered by the fact that they're having another kickstarter already than by the fact that people have been complaining about not getting enough gold shop updates and now they've taken an entire shop away and if we don't meet the goal it's gone forever. Really? And what's with picking on poor Louie. Wasn't it his shop that was closed for awhile due to some disaster or other? What do the people at gaia not like formal wear?

Kawaii Receiver

Red RoseWitchling
Yeah I have to agree its seems very early to have a gold sink since the last one ended yesterday or the day before

Not to mention that the last one's rewards are still completely unusable. Before that, the gold sink items were locked for nearly a week without an apology from gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff