Geisha 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Gisaeng 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Chinese Opera 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
Thai Dancers 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
All of the above 0.44 44.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Versatile Fashionista

These are some suggestions for Gaia. I would like for Gaia to do these themes. <3 this thread please, if you would like for Gaia to do a RIG or mini RIG on one of these themes. ^___^

Kabuki: it is a great theatrical art. There are a few kabuki items on Gaia but I would like to see more. This website is full of information: http://www.kabuki21.com/

Steampunk Cyborg: Items could be geared more towards an old style of robotical items rather then the futuristic style or maybe combine both.

Oiran: Items could have pretty long-sleeved kimono, high geta, wigs without hair ornaments so that we can decorate it ourselves with other items and wigs with hair ornaments. Oiran are not geisha at all, but the style is so bizarre. I've been trying for the longest to get this idea seen, but it seems like it continues to get overlooked. I just hope that one day Gaia will do these ideas. There are anime characters that dress similar to oiran and the items can help cosplayers, cosplay them better.

Japanese Folklore: This is one of my favorite themes. I think people will love items that come from Japanese folklore. This is a good website to look up Japanese legends: http://yokai.com/ Gaia has already done some of the legends, but it would be awesome if we could get a rig based on more legends.

Geisha: I know it has been already done, but I would like to see accurately made geisha items with maybe a tad bit of fantasy in some of them but not to the point where it turns into more geishaesque items. I would like for the robes to actually have square-shaped sleeves instead of one sleeve missing and short sleeves that are shaped differently from what kimono sleeves are supposed to be shaped like. I would like to see furisode, uchikake, okobo, japanese backgrounds, etc... I know we have geisha wigs already but I mostly just see geishaesque wigs, maiko wigs, and one in the salon. We need some geisha katsura wigs and some geisha katsura wigs without hair ornaments so that we can decorate it ourselves and come up with all sorts of interesting ideas for the wig. This will help cosplayers that cosplay anime characters with items that look very similar.

Gisaeng: I love the gisaeng items that Gaia is making now. So far i see only one gisaeng wig though. I would like to see more gisaeng hairstyles.

Chinese Opera: I love the outfits, wigs, makeup etc...

Thai Dancers:
I bet Gaians would love to have those long fingernail rings and the beautiful hats.

I know Gaia is probably stacked up with ready-made ideas that they have planned out, but please Gaia do one of these ideas for us. T___T I've been waiting for the longest. These are some suggestions you could do. I tried getting one of these ideas noticed, but I was told that it was seen but I haven't seen anything afterwards. Please take the time to notice these themes, Gaia.

I am patiently waiting, Gaia. twisted
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Versatile Fashionista

Lunatic

Anything is fine, if it's something new. Tired of them using the same themes over and over again with RIGs and with items and recolors. They get stuck with the same crap because it's ''popular'' and don't want to try new things.

I was happy with this months street style RIG but we have been getting a lot of street fashioned items lately as well. With the indie hipster basic items as well, with countless of sweaters and glasses.

I would honestly love some more cultural historical items and such like you have listed there.

Versatile Fashionista

Funky Cocoa
Anything is fine, if it's something new. Tired of them using the same themes over and over again with RIGs and with items and recolors. They get stuck with the same crap because it's ''popular'' and don't want to try new things.

I was happy with this months street style RIG but we have been getting a lot of street fashioned items lately as well. With the indie hipster basic items as well, with countless of sweaters and glasses.

I would honestly love some more cultural historical items and such like you have listed there.

I agree, that's why I posted all the themes I would like for them to do. The New Attitude rig is a rehashing of the Radio Havok rig. Even the backgrounds are very similar: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510153744/gaia/images/a/a5/Ci_header_2k12may09_radiohavok.jpg (I couldn't find the link to the New Attitude header, but yeah they both have the same graffiti). Now I can make a good avi with any item on here, but I just get tired of the same ideas over and over again. I made a thread about oiran and I even asked a question in ATS about it.

I was told that my thread was noticed, but I still have yet to see any oiran items. I won't be asking again, because it looks like the rules have gotten even stricter in ATS. I just feel like we could get better Asian items on here. The sleeves for kimono are never right. They either resemble Chinese sleeves or one sleeve is missing off the kimono.

I have yet to see long square-shaped sleeves for furisode kimono. We have some kimono but they aren't accurate for the maiko or geisha look and I want to see some elegant kimono where they aren't tied up and I want to see the kimono flowing at the bottom. They've already done Love Charm about 3 times and I'm guessing Love Charm will be used again maybe for February. The Summer Summoning rig was their big chance to include better geisha items and oiran items. The items didn't even have to fully look like it was meant for an oiran but they could have at least given us the clothes that oiran wear.

I just see a big lack in ideas and it's like site feedback really isn't noticed otherwise they would have an idea for every month instead of relying on the same stuff over and over again. But I understand they have to work as a team, but within that team I think some of the artists could make the items that I've been talking about for the longest. Oiran are the next best thing in Japan. They look better than geisha in my opinion. I don't get why the style hasn't been recognized yet. If a geisha stood next to a high class oiran, she would look very second best. >__< We only have 1 item that resembles oiran a little and that is it. Even the style is in Kabuki. I keep seeing geishaesque, ninja, kitsune over and over again. There are other things out there besides those all the time.

Versatile Fashionista

Versatile Fashionista

Fuzzy Dragon

I would just be happy if we got some new items not just recolors.
Don't get me wrong some of them are nice but it seems like we are bombarded with recolor after recolor.
There are several nice items that would be nice to be recolored but they are often overlooked.
And I'm all for more male geared items.

Versatile Fashionista

Super_Ninja_kun
I would just be happy if we got some new items not just recolors.
Don't get me wrong some of them are nice but it seems like we are bombarded with recolor after recolor.
There are several nice items that would be nice to be recolored but they are often overlooked.
And I'm all for more male geared items.

I think the recolors aren't gonna stop. the good thing about the bombardment of recolors is: that the items that you want might get cheap. i've snagged some items that i've been waiting on and sometimes i am lucky enough to get the item in one of my fav colors. though there are some items that i wish were recolored and they haven't been recolored yet. i want nature items (especially the trees) to be recolored. i like making scenic avatars and i find myself reusing the same trees over and over again. i wanna see trees with purple leaves, blue leaves, etc... give us fantasy nature, gaia! LOL i also wanna see yama no tamago and furugasa recolored. I would love to see more torii gates in different colors. i know the ones in real life are either red or brown, but i would like to see torii gates in many colors. also, i know we have steampunk items on here already but it would be really great if we could get a rig that's full of steampunk. they could even add asian steampunk to it.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Korean themed rig tho......there's only a few Korean themed items and they're either themed off of food (the kimchi pie and the bibimbap) or based on current K-Pop fashions. A few hanboks as well, but that's really it.

Versatile Fashionista

amenamy
Korean themed rig tho......there's only a few Korean themed items and they're either themed off of food (the kimchi pie and the bibimbap) or based on current K-Pop fashions. A few hanboks as well, but that's really it.

They've made 19 hanbok actually.
I wanna see more korean gisaeng hairstyles.

Special Snowflake

I'd love to see some cyberpunk: Psycho-Pass, Blassreiter, Armitage III, Viper's Creed... those types of anime style stuff would be the awesome ....

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
How about some kind of political rig? Diedrich does the state of the gaia address.

Versatile Fashionista

Wheezing Bard

12,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I know we have some great japanese folklore items, but I would love to see more. I would to see folklore from other cultures too. 3nodding

Thanks for the link to that youkai website.

Versatile Fashionista

ShootingSapphire
I know we have some great japanese folklore items, but I would love to see more. I would to see folklore from other cultures too. 3nodding

Thanks for the link to that youkai website.

You're welcome! biggrin
I would like to see legends from other cultures as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff