Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

Shilshadu
gataka
To sustain the health of GoFusion over the long term they must, to simplify:
- Update it regularly.
- Protect the value of charms, which means keeping a close eye on its "faucets" and "sinks" to achieve the right balance.

I'll reserve my praise until they manage to do that for a year. They've only done the easy part :U

I'm already expecting Heart charms to become dirt-worth soon: they're not all that rare in the Daily Chance which means there'll be a lot of them out there.

while i agree with you, i don't think their worth will tank so easily so long as they keep putting items in to craft that need lots of hearts. people seem to really like the gofusion crafting so, chances are they would rather use than sell. which will keep teh value of hearts relatively high

◕ ◡ ◕

⊱⇜User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.⇝⊰
Aye, "So long as".

Keep in mind they have another option here: limit how many they give out. Difficulty with that is that people want instant gratification, so it has to be fast enough people don't give up, yet slow enough you still have some "instant gratification" to sell.

Another thing to watch for is if you slow it down/nerf later it'll be ill received. Right now, they've still got a scapegoat and can still say those were introductory rates to get the feature started. I think it would have been wiser to start slow and adjust later x P

Back to items, back to the sinks, obvious thing about them is that a particular one won't appeal to everyone, also their appeal tends to lower over time, so overall less predictable.

Also more costly if we're talking new exclusives. Things get trickier when you realise that those items could appear in any of the other item features. Do GoFusion exclusives provide enough tangible or intangible value for Gaia to favor it over all those competitors? Many of them already are crying for attention, one more can only make that worse.

(That in mind, having RIGs in there is a good idea, I'll agree.)

All I'm saying is this is subtle balancing act, one they have not been all that successful with in the past (also one they've been willing to bust up to make a quick buck in at least one particular case). What I'm further saying is that their best tool in that balancing act is the Faucet, is keeping a tight eye on many Charms they generate, not the Sinks.

Ok, sorry for dumping all that on you, just had to get it out x D

Like everybody else I don't want history to repeat itself. What worries me most is that the main thing people seem to rejoice about, that they were able to get something out of it fast, could also be the one that ensures it will not last.

Ty Trance's Queen

Pandys Bestie

32,025 Points
  • The Color of royalty 500
  • A demon's best friend 500
gataka
Shilshadu
gataka
- Update it regularly.
- Protect the value of charms, which means keeping a close eye on its "faucets" and "sinks" to achieve the right balance.

I'll reserve my praise until they manage to do that for a year. They've only done the easy part :U

I'm already expecting Heart charms to become dirt-worth soon: they're not all that rare in the Daily Chance which means there'll be a lot of them out there.

while i agree with you, i don't think their worth will tank so easily so long as they keep putting items in to craft that need lots of hearts. people seem to really like the gofusion crafting so, chances are they would rather use than sell. which will keep teh value of hearts relatively high

◕ ◡ ◕

Aye, "So long as".

Keep in mind they have another option here: limit how many they give out. Difficulty with that is that people want instant gratification, so it has to be fast enough people don't give up, yet slow enough you still have some "instant gratification" to sell.

Another thing to watch for is if you slow it down/nerf later it'll be ill received. Right now, they've still got a scapegoat and can still say those were introductory rates to get the feature started. I think it would have been wiser to start slow and adjust later x P

Back to items, back to the sinks, obvious thing about them is that a particular one won't appeal to everyone, also their appeal tends to lower over time, so overall less predictable.

Also more costly if we're talking new exclusives. Things get trickier when you realise that those items could appear in any of the other item features. Do GoFusion exclusives provide enough tangible or intangible value for Gaia to favor it over all those competitors? Many of them already are crying for attention, one more can only make that worse.

All I'm saying is this is subtle balancing act, one they have not been all that successful with in the past (also one they've been willing to bust up to make a quick buck in at least one particular case). What I'm further saying is that their best tool in that balancing act is the Faucet, is keeping a tight eye on many Charms they generate, not the Sinks.

Like everybody else I don't want history to repeat itself. What worries me most is that the main thing people seem to rejoice about, that they were able to get something out of it fast, could also be the one that ensures it will not last.

Again, i understand completely. Valid points all around. But, and yes i'm being the optimist here, perhaps this is their chance to show that they are not idiots. I'm hoping that they actually continue to balance this well and not make it impossible for non cash users to use the function.

granted, that's also why i'm trying to get my hands on the items fast XD I am also worried this will just crumble like every other feature due to neglect.

◕ ◡ ◕

Familiar Lunatic

Shilshadu
gataka
Shilshadu
gataka
- Update it regularly.

◕ ◡ ◕

Aye, "So long as".

Again, i understand completely. Valid points all around. But, and yes i'm being the optimist here, perhaps this is their chance to show that they are not idiots. I'm hoping that they actually continue to balance this well and not make it impossible for non cash users to use the function.

granted, that's also why i'm trying to get my hands on the items fast XD I am also worried this will just crumble like every other feature due to neglect.

◕ ◡ ◕

x D

Hopefully!

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
METALFumasu
Virgo Whiskers
METALFumasu
buncy
Yep yep yep, its a great system available to all. you could either take the slow way of buying with gold or collecting through daily chance or take the quick way and buy some bundles with cash.

It's a simple system that anyone could use, just don't mess it up gaia.

Considering this is Gaia we're talking about, and GoFusion is literally set up for gamification, I'd say that odds are they probably will screw this up (or make it virtually impossible for people to get the required charms without buying packs from CS).

I'm more annoyed that they've increased the drop-rate for charms so much in DC. I don't plan on using GoFusion, so stop shoving these useless charms in my face (seriously, half the DC rewards I get lately are heart charms. It's getting really old real fast.).

Are you serious? You don't like Gaia handing you 42 million gold for simply clicking on a link? That's even inflation free gold, since it's coming from another user and not appearing out of nowhere. Don't want to mess around with the MP and the 3% tax? Take a second to browse this forum and sell to the many people who are looking to buy them. Honestly, at this point, I don't think you're going to get a better item from the DC.

I dunno, I actually received a Golden magical Giftbox from the Daily Chance once, and those are worth 90-100 million gold, so you're wrong about the "going to get a better item from the DC" claim.

And if you're going to quote the marketplace listings at me, use the average buy price, not the lowest price listed when you check. I vend on the marketplace just damn fine, so please take your condescending attitude and stuff it.

One more thing: notice how the average selling price of those charms has DROPPED LIKE A ROCK over the last few weeks since they increased the drop-rate? Give it a month or so, and those Heart charms will be worthless because the supply in the marketplace will be much larger than the demand. The Star and Diamond charms will probably retain some of their value, but too many charms are being dropped in the DC, and it's a pain in the a** for everyone else who doesn't want to deal with GoFusion in the first place.

I don't like having to deal with Alchemy (especially now that every fool seems to be buying 1000 philosopher's caches, getting what they need, and then stuffing the Dumpster full of what's left over), and I don't like having to deal with GoFusion either!

I was honestly trying to be helpful, not condescending. You should stop assuming that every thing is an attack on you. Ok, so right now the ABP is 38 million, which is still pretty damn close to 42 million in this economy.

And yes, the charms have dropped in price, just like anything else that's a brand new ******** item would. The whole system is only a couple of weeks old. And lets say they do get dirt cheap, can barely even give the things away, how is that any different than most of the stuff you get in DC? When I get paper or a flower of grade F fish bait, I don't get all pissy over it, even though I don't use those items. It's something that's totally free and all I did was click on a link. Seems awfully petty to b***h about that.

And one more thing, and yes, you can get pissy over this.. if this thread is any indication of Gaia on a whole (and I realize, it's a very small sample and Gaia as a whole could be very different), you are in a minority in terms of feeling on the charms. Most people seem to be glad about getting them. So maybe you could stop being selfish and have the attitude of "I don't like it, but others seem to enjoy it, so I'm glad it exists. Because other people's happiness is important, too".

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
gataka
ScooterBrenna
I don't care if the charms deflate. I don't like having every freaking item inflated just because people want something "to hold their value". That type of thinking is how the MP is inflated as it is now. I hope they deflate because GOFusion should be a feature that everyone can use and if charms make it possible for rig items to be less rare causing deflation it's not a bad thing. I don't get it, people have been asking for deflation for months and when deflation of anything happens, they are upset about it. It's like Gaians like inflation. Anyway, there is more than one way to deflate a marketplace and anyone who has any understand of economics would know that GOFusion is a good feature not only for Gaia making money, but for Gaians as well for deflation.
If charms deflate too much won't Gaia no longer be able to make money out of them and therefor will stop supporting GoFusion?

Not really. It's just supply and demand. Like why do you think they are putting those Rigs in there? People love rigs and will continue to put 200 hearts into them. I guess I just think of them like another currency like the tickets or wing stickers. It's a new feature still. Plus it's usually natural for anything to be priced high at first and then deflate like when DMS first came out, loot sold for more. Basically don't worry about the charms deflating, because the charms used to make the items will inflate and be in high demand due to the gold generators.

Most people can't use MP, so GOFusion is a way that everyone can get items now whether they pay cash or not. I'm happy there are free ways to get charms. People will always pay money on stuff especially when chance is involved, so charms will continue to sell. Don't worry those free pack grants are just a way to promote the feature. Gaia will stop them and charms will be less frequent again. I asked for a feature similar to this based off a feature I use in another MMO: Paragon Table. If there are not free methods included then there will be unhappy Gaians again thinking only people who pay cash can get items. Gaia doesn't have to do much to maintain the feature other than plug in new items to it like the cash shop, so even if less charm packs are sold, the cost to maintain it are as low as running the cash shop. I wonder what would happen if zOMG! Powerups got put in there. I would love for them to deflate.

Anyway in short, another way to deflate any market is not only taking gold/currency out of it, but pumping supply up, which is what Gaia is doing through GOFusion and their constant sales. Why I think Gaia is a lot smarter than people give them credit for. They successfully kept the gold supply high to keep cash sales going on anything through gold generators. If Gaians want their value of their items or charms to remain high, the sad truth, they'll have to accept gold generators. Personally I don't care about the value of any pixeled item and would want gold generators to die and the gold circulating in marketplace to decrease a lot. But marketplace will take years to recover, but at least GOFusion will be a long term feature that could last no matter how crazy the marketplace gets.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff