Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please, PLEASE find a better captcha provider or have them switch it back to how it was. Like many on Gaia, the games are what especially keep us coming back and because it's so difficult now what used to be fun has turned into a nightmare.

Not only does it take us a million tries to get the passcode correct but sometimes if we select a new passcode image too MANY times it'll actually freeze that small frame in the window so we're forced to lose our fish, etc. without being able to save it.

This has a negative impact on our gold earnings too. Grade A bait is 250g, Grade D bait is 100 and Grade F is 25. You get 18 slots per fishing game for catches. At best with Grade F you make double your money back on average but with Grade's D and A your goal is to match your bait price and "hopefully" far exceed it. If the passcode frame freezes and we lose our catch or the passcode images are too hard to decipher and we just give up and X out, we're out gold which isn't fair.

Fishing isn't necessarily supposed to be a 'gambling' game - not like this!

I've just recently come back to Gaia from a long hiatus and was looking forward to relaxing in the Games section. I even had high hopes of investing more real life money for things like the monthly letters, more Gaia cash, etc. to enhance my enjoyment and experience since I can afford it again but if I can't even enjoy a simple game then I don't know if I want to part with my hard earned cash.

I'm deeply appreciative of Gaia as a service and how much it's grown but if we can't even get the little things right then it really does hamper the overall experience.

Please, change the passcode system - don't lose anymore dedicated fishermen than you absolutely have to. It's one of the star games that sets Gaia apart from it's competitors.

Thank you for reading this,
InsomniacQueen

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500

Cluttered Worshipper

9,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
bumping for new update awesomeness

Angelic Friend

6,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Hope I can bump this every now and then.
I just tried fishing again with another rod and want to try another but I have refreshed the captcha about 10 times already ..and none. Luckily it were only two fishies this time =/ previous time was a full bucket...

Smooth Kitten

Just recently started fishing again and I agree. It slowed me down after about nearly 10 tries of inserting the correct match. :c
I dunno what I would do if I couldn't fish, I hate to even think about it. Besides investing gold in bait, and then reaping a return in caught fish for resale, we also collect fish for various reasons. Various hats, caps, gills, fins, etc. not to mention the ULTIMATE prize for any serious fisherman, the Angelic Rod or Angelic Rod plus. If ever there was a holy grail or ultimate goal, beyond generic monkey making, trophy winning and bragging rights it's being able to afford those rods.

Many of us are high school or college students, with or without part or full time jobs and for those of us even older who work full time and/or have families of our own, no matter the circumstances our time is extremely valuable. Especially considering that a lot of us also frequent Gaia towns in search of other Game items like bugs, trash, etc. With so much to do on Gaia, time is often short so anything that takes away from that is a serious detriment to the site.

Please, please change the captcha's back into humanly readable passcodes. xxxx

Every so many days I'll be posting here again to continue to show support for this movement and to further illustrate our frustration and arguments.

Thank you,
InsomniacQueen

Cluttered Worshipper

9,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
InsomniacQueen
I dunno what I would do if I couldn't fish, I hate to even think about it. Besides investing gold in bait, and then reaping a return in caught fish for resale, we also collect fish for various reasons. Various hats, caps, gills, fins, etc. not to mention the ULTIMATE prize for any serious fisherman, the Angelic Rod or Angelic Rod plus. If ever there was a holy grail or ultimate goal, beyond generic monkey making, trophy winning and bragging rights it's being able to afford those rods.

Many of us are high school or college students, with or without part or full time jobs and for those of us even older who work full time and/or have families of our own, no matter the circumstances our time is extremely valuable. Especially considering that a lot of us also frequent Gaia towns in search of other Game items like bugs, trash, etc. With so much to do on Gaia, time is often short so anything that takes away from that is a serious detriment to the site.

Please, please change the captcha's back into humanly readable passcodes. xxxx

Every so many days I'll be posting here again to continue to show support for this movement and to further illustrate our frustration and arguments.

Thank you,
InsomniacQueen

I'd never be able to get an angelic rod anyway. XD
Sure you can! 75,000 fish in all 3 fishing holes or any combo you like for the Angelic Rod or 150,000 fish in any combo for the Angelic Rod plus. Just fish as much as you can, and it's more than possible. smile xxx

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
this needs to be stated again

just lost 2 buckets at 2 different lakes because captcha refused to recognize anything

IRL Streaker

Kid Jak

just lost 2 buckets at 2 different lakes because captcha refused to recognize anything

The same thing just happened to me, did about 30 or so in a row before I decided to leave.

EDIT: however, it looks like the bucket still saved.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
MilkFlavoredCheerios
Kid Jak

The same thing just happened to me, did about 30 or so in a row before I decided to leave.

EDIT: however, it looks like the bucket still saved.

I just checked and looks like it saved for me too thanks for telling me this

I wonder if this is a server issue then just so hard to tell with the captchas the way they are.

Wealthy Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I think the reason gaiaonline isn't responding to the captcha complain is to discourage users to use their game fishing. And switch to other games they are developing. Lets face it they are here to make profit if everyone can avail their favorite avatar by just playing games without using real cash they lose revenue. They say they going to take care of it but in reality they are not. It is a public relation strategy they are using. If they are really serious about this captcha issue they should post an alert or announcement that they will take care of it with a deadline.

Cluttered Worshipper

9,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
Simone Petricov
I think the reason gaiaonline isn't responding to the captcha complain is to discourage users to use their game fishing. And switch to other games they are developing. Lets face it they are here to make profit if everyone can avail their favorite avatar by just playing games without using real cash they lose revenue. They say they going to take care of it but in reality they are not. It is a people relation strategy they are using. If they are really serious about this captcha issue they should post an alert or announcement that they will take care of it with a deadline.

uncle kenny responded to one of the "change your captcha" threads, explaining it wasn't gaia's captcha. That was before google pretty much said "get used to it, bitches"

Cluttered Worshipper

9,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
InsomniacQueen
Sure you can! 75,000 fish in all 3 fishing holes or any combo you like for the Angelic Rod or 150,000 fish in any combo for the Angelic Rod plus. Just fish as much as you can, and it's more than possible. smile xxx

impossible for my level of skill. XD I lose driftwood. lol.

Wealthy Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Why not just change the blob to strikethrough isn't it more convenient to read for humans but very inconvenient for OCR? The hell this developer thinking what are we superhuman. They can't even read it themselves and expect 99% of the population can read it. I think they getting too much smart that they creating stupid systems. They focus too much on security they forgetting the reason why they created it. The reason for captcha is to reduce the spamming not completely shutdown the user itself. They wan't to be 100% free but in reality it is not true. If captcha is created by humans its highly probable that a human can hack it. There is no such thing as a perfect system because system created by humans are imperfect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff