Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Streaker

That little turd definitely needs a considerable upgrade.
It only gives 5-10k and that really isn't anything anymore.
Heck, if Gaia wants to keep everything so high-priced then every little freebie needs a solid upgrade in grants.
The magical giftboxes, daily chance and even just posting. It all needs to be boosted so reaching the million-billion prices in the marketplace is actually possible via saving up and not selling everything you own for one thing.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I don't mind it. I can still purchase items in gold shops with it. Plus it's much faster just dumpster diving and selling fail items from caches for 10K anyway. I'm pretty sure Gaians are abusing the invite a friend feature as it is with creating mules anyways. I think Gaia just needs to drop more Blue Boxes so we can get charms that seem to sell well. But I do have a suggestion that pink links should have charms in them too, which would be fun.

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
I'd rather not add more gold to the inflation issue. Yes, 5-10k is outdated, but it still has uses. (Gold shops, or a little boost to a quest.) If we managed to control the inflation issue and introduced more gold sinks, 10k would be worth more like it used to.

If you're displeased with the gold amount, just sell pink links on the MP.

Invisible Streaker

With how many people willing to continue buying GC and those gold gens, it's a pretty good chance that this inflation could become the norm. Especially with the amount increasing each time.
Upping the little things for the non-cash users would be a smart thing on their end.
It wouldn't add to the issue if the entirety of gaians were able to earn more gold the normal way. It'd still be a gradual thing, but at least it could actually make a difference in comparison to what it's at now.

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Pink links are, essentially, gold gens. You're asking to increase the prize of non-GC gold gens. If it's already becoming the norm why add to it?

"Smart on their end"- they don't really care about non-GC users. Their entire thing right now is pushing as much GC as they can- the shop, the incessant sales, all of it. They don't care about gold, they want people buying cash. Gaia doesn't really care about anything else anymore.

Alien Cosmonaut

I've had one in my invo for weeks now because selling or opening it just aren't worth it. I'm hoping if I keep it long enough, Gaia will up the chances of there being a worthwhile amount of gold in it.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
I agree, they should increase the payout for Pink Links, but nothing drastic either. Maybe between 10K to 50K maximum.

I read a few posts and while yes, this would put more Gold into the system, same way a GC Gold Generator does, let's consider that this is a small amount in comparison to the GC versions, so the impact is WAY less. And also, this gives a fighting chance to none GC users.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff