Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Bardic Inspiration
It does make me scratch my head a little bit.

But then again, if they kept giving Gaian's hope to keep zOMG alive by spending more money, that is milking the cash cow, in a false sense.

I dunno what to believe, and aside from Swarf's post, I doubt we'll get anything solid. It makes me sad. I've looked at zOMG time and time again as a possibility to play, and just never have because I couldn't find the time.

Honestly, it depends on person to person what they want to believe. However, swarf has given the most detailed information, so my beliefs lie with him, until someone can post something more solid. But that's how I work.

zOMG is a fun game, but it's even more fun when you're with a group of friends that you know. Cuz it's fun to make amusements out of the random phrases and such.

Lily-livered Vegetarian

30,415 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I'm going to have to mull this over. I'm currently so annoyed and disgusted that I can't even hack together a coherent rant post. cat_mad

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
can someone tell me who specifically said if you buy more zomg stuff more updates will come? was that the zomg devs or did other people on the site say that?

Familiar Hoarder

Rya Dracosin

Honestly, it depends on person to person what they want to believe. However, swarf has given the most detailed information, so my beliefs lie with him, until someone can post something more solid. But that's how I work.

zOMG is a fun game, but it's even more fun when you're with a group of friends that you know. Cuz it's fun to make amusements out of the random phrases and such.

That is true too. Swarf's stuff makes more sense really too, the fans that love zOMG really love it.

I like being able to do a lot of things solo in an MMORPG. I have a few than I can do quite well in and have fun doing it. ^^ It may seem odd but an MMORPG to me doesn't mean to me always having to be in a party. For me that's about zOMG's only one downfall, the rest of it was quite fun. I was even in the beta and that was fun too.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
lol You know they're going to think staying silent about it will make us forget. I think the zOMG forum has it covered in terms of rallying support. I dont think gaia is going to do anything about it, they dont know the definition of apology or the difference between lie and marketing.

Just saying your pretty late on the bandwagon on this one.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Bardic Inspiration
Rya Dracosin

That is true too. Swarf's stuff makes more sense really too, the fans that love zOMG really love it.

I like being able to do a lot of things solo in an MMORPG. I have a few than I can do quite well in and have fun doing it. ^^ It may seem odd but an MMORPG to me doesn't mean to me always having to be in a party. For me that's about zOMG's only one downfall, the rest of it was quite fun. I was even in the beta and that was fun too.

They scaled a lot of stuff down so you could do it solo if you really wanted to, except the obvious end boss, and I haven't tried the new space yet....

Familiar Hoarder

Rya Dracosin

They scaled a lot of stuff down so you could do it solo if you really wanted to, except the obvious end boss, and I haven't tried the new space yet....

I tried, but really couldn't manage it. ^^:; I had to have a party or else would died, and I even bought powerups.

Anyways, back on topic. I hope to see more information in the coming days.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Bardic Inspiration
Rya Dracosin

I tried, but really couldn't manage it. ^^:; I had to have a party or else would died, and I even bought powerups.

Anyways, back on topic. I hope to see more information in the coming days.

Mhmm. I can't wait til they give us more information too. They sorta have to now, what with all the clamor...

Familiar Hoarder

Rya Dracosin

Mhmm. I can't wait til they give us more information too. They sorta have to now, what with all the clamor...

In some way shape or form. I think Narumi had started a thread trying to help but it hasn't yet. Like barely.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Para
can someone tell me who specifically said if you buy more zomg stuff more updates will come? was that the zomg devs or did other people on the site say that?

I can't recall who exactly it was. I know that the zOMG buddies, dead mans shadow, and boardwalk passes all had sales goals though and one of those was promoted on the basis that if the sales goal wasn't met, a dev would have to be dropped.

@Topic in general
Swarf has no motivation to lie or throw a public temper tantrum. This is his job. I'm sure paying his bills every month is pretty important to him.

Gaia DOES have motivation to lie. Because all this time they have been looking for ways to get rid of supporting zOMG, and especially recently, they've been making a HUGE push towards being Facebook game centric. There is now an entire team of FB specific devs, and there are three actively developed FB games to my knowledge (zombie farm, that one fighting game, and summer springs, not sure if moga is being updated still).

Those games are receiving better support and more updates than any game on Gaia ever has and for a longer duration as well. At least summer springs is, because I actually play that habitually and there are updates all the time, the forum is checked up on constantly and if you post a staff member replies within a day or two max.

Besides right after zOMGs launch, no game has ever gotten that kind of attention from Gaia.

They DO have motivation to take devs off of zOMG and halt development. It gives them more resources for their true focus. They've told us it was dying all this time and we believed them.To tell us it finally kicked the bucket was no surprise, though it was disappointing.

Swarf has been on the zOMG team for a long time. There really is no reason for him to lie. Why would he risk throwing away his career like that? Heck if he's telling the truth, he's still risking his career, but to a lesser degree than if he's just having a tantrum as Dlin suggests.

I do believe they did not advertise it nearly as much as MoGa or other FB games. I did see a magazine ad for zOMG but advertisements for it didn't really last long. There was a time when there was a guest playable version of zOMG on FB or newgrounds if I remember right. They don't promote that anymore either, in fact I think they disabled it.

I think what happened is Gaia made this to keep a promise and after investing so much time and money into it, the team got really devoted. However the new CEO is centered on facebook. I don't think its a coincidence that zOMG being in so much "danger" coincides with their move further and further to FB.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Bardic Inspiration
Rya Dracosin

In some way shape or form. I think Narumi had started a thread trying to help but it hasn't yet. Like barely.

Poor Narumi. I hope he can find the information to share with us. Until then, I really have no other choice but to believe what swarf has said, until other information from a respectable source is provided...

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I am just so frustrated and tired of trying to get Gaia to get its s**t together I cannot even come forth with anything to add right now.

I give Gaia until June before it ceases to be alive on the internet. That is all I can say right now.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Shirtless Fairy

Para

IIRC, that's been an issue ever since the zOMG buddy items were first introduced.
I remember there being a few threads a long while back that asked this very same question, but I don't think there was ever a definite answer. We all just sort of assumed "buying zOMG items = money goes to zOMG = more resources and updates go to zOMG".

Should have never assumed Gaia uses logic, though...

EDIT: Looking through JK's posts, I do see one or two of "the future of zOMG depends on [x]!" posts. Does that count?

Dangerous Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
dreamsk
lol You know they're going to think staying silent about it will make us forget. I think the zOMG forum has it covered in terms of rallying support. I dont think gaia is going to do anything about it, they dont know the definition of apology or the difference between lie and marketing.

Just saying your pretty late on the bandwagon on this one.

All sad truths about Gaia. 3nodding rolleyes

They will temporize and try to placate as much as they want to try and quiet people down, and then they'll back away from it and hope that everyone goes back to being unthinking consumers. They've done the SAME THING with Booty Grab, after all, so it was only a matter of time before they kicked zOMG to the curb, as well.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
thanks for the responses everyone. i was just wondering exactly where people were getting this information is all. i had never really seen any definite from the admins or anyone other than the zomg devs that buying more items meant that more updates would come.just wondering if i was totally off on that or not.

i think both sides are lying to the users and so much of this could have been avoid if people were just honest from the start. :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff