Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

Starshine
A public apology in a side wide announcement is in order.

You are deceiving your paying customers and an entire community, 5% of all active users.

More than that even though I'm not a regular user of ZOMG this just looks bad period. If this how they treat paying customers then I can't even fathom how they feel about us "freeloaders" as well as the features that ARE NOT giving them any profits. Now I see why they let features like the exchange and forums go to s**t. Before I was so neutral to the whole "Gaia is money hungry" rage stuff but the wool has been pulled over my eyes. This is not a good day for Gaia and I'm really debating if I should ever come back to this place again. I swear to all things TRUTHFUL that if it wasn't for my friends here and other users I might not have came back after reading that thread.
This and the entire decision with zOMG is just depressing. I wish I could add more to what's already been said, but I don't even have words. I'm just really disappointed.

Dangerous Visionary

Bleeding Apocalypse
ROSETTA-MY-LOVE
User Image

Well, gaia seems to listen to money. Perhaps you need to speak with money by not buying anything with cash and convince a huge part of gaia to not buy gaia cash.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/autocash/unsubscribe

This. This is a pretty big way to let them know you're not going to financially support a company that will openly lie to you. That, and not buying any Cash-related items like RIG bundles, MCs, etc. But how many people are willing to do that in the long term, honestly?

Nope don't think that's enough here's an idea I had from another thread:

Quote:
Right it would have to be a total boycott and really people just shouldn't even sign in that day. Just have a day or two when a whole bunch of people just didn't show up. Like with the Sopa blackout. Everyone should just take off all their avatar goods, block all forms of communication (email, PM, comments, and set their profiles to private) and then don't log in for 24-48 hours. During that time just flood Gaia's HQ with actual letters and/or emails. Aim for the heart and mind really.

Of course this is all theory and I know not everyone would be on board and I know I don't have the power nor the influences to get people to do something this grand.

Now I really want to do this but it won't work if its just me and a handful of users. It really needs to be a good chunk of the website. Maybe most of the ZOMG players?

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
They explained it in the AtA , pretty clearly I thought. Just all the posters mostly ignored what the Admin posted.

Destructive Bunny

Miss-dark8607

More than that even though I'm not a regular user of ZOMG this just looks bad period. If this how they treat paying customers then I can't even fathom how they feel about us "freeloaders" as well as the features that ARE NOT giving them any profits. Now I see why they let features like the exchange and forums go to s**t. Before I was so neutral to the whole "Gaia is money hungry" rage stuff but the wool has been pulled over my eyes. This is not a good day for Gaia and I'm really debating if I should ever come back to this place again. I swear to all things TRUTHFUL that if it wasn't for my friends here and other users I might not have came back after reading that thread.

I knew Gaia was money hungry when I saw how rigs operated, I had an inking of their stinginess when after the Japan earthquake they made charity items that donated 10% of the profit (user answer saw that amount jump to 100%), but it's really only hit me now the entire scale of stinginess.

They are fully equippen by the community to update zomg as well as make their facebook games. But they don't even want to hire one contractor so zomg can keep one dev.

Really Gaia? Really?

If Gaia wants to make these community killing business decisions then at least man up, tell players the truth and grow some balls to face the backlash.

Confident Genius

Lady Leopardess
They explained it in the AtA , pretty clearly I thought. Just all the posters mostly ignored what the Admin posted.
Actually there was a new development that has caused people to question the answers received in the ATA.

As Seen Here

Make of it what you will, but that's the cause for the current unrest about the issue.

Conservative Citizen

I think with the run-around answers we got at the ATA last night, you'd be dumb not to know there was something behind all of this. The biggest kicker of all, at least for me is that if Gaia removed Zomg, they'd take a loss.

If you pay even the slightest of attention to Gaia, the SF and various other forums then you know what Gaia has turned into the last few years. Having experience in running a company, this news doesn't surprise me in the least. Gaia lied to the wrong community on this one. The Zomg forum is pretty tight knit and very dedicated. Swarf was in the right on this one and while people say it doesn't reflect back on him what was said, for future job endeavors it could. I appreciate his honesty and moral judgement on this one. What he did was right and what Gaia did is wrong.

Dangerous Visionary

Flying Dicks
Bleeding Apocalypse
ROSETTA-MY-LOVE
User Image

Well, gaia seems to listen to money. Perhaps you need to speak with money by not buying anything with cash and convince a huge part of gaia to not buy gaia cash.

This. This is a pretty big way to let them know you're not going to financially support a company that will openly lie to you. That, and not buying any Cash-related items like RIG bundles, MCs, etc. But how many people are willing to do that in the long term, honestly?

I haven't spent money on the main site in years. Sadly though I have spent money on summer springs, a FB game.
It's really not all that hard not to spend money on Gaia :/ in my opinion anyways.

Still.. I dont think that people will organize in a large enough group to make a difference. It's never really been accomplished before.

We should have a walk off day only virtually of course "Let's not even log in day" If users are able to make up events for themselves then we should be able to pull this off. We just have to pull all our friends and their friends and just have a snowball event. Create a facebook event and everything. If we get even 20% or more to do it join it would make a difference. Hell it would really be good if the mods didn't log in either. Just have a dead site for a whole day. Then maybe Gaia will wake up and not treat us in this matter.

Dangerous Visionary

Aldo Simoncini
Bleeding Apocalypse
ROSETTA-MY-LOVE
User Image

In addition we should nominate Gaia for the WCSA (the Worst Customer Service Award).

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WCSA-The-Worst-Customer-Service-Awards/182803891802806

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/WCSAwards

They deserved it! twisted

LOL I might actually no the Twitter part since I don't have an FB anymore.

Dangerous Visionary

Starshine

I knew Gaia was money hungry when I saw how rigs operated, I had an inking of their stinginess when after the Japan earthquake they made charity items that donated 10% of the profit (user answer saw that amount jump to 100%), but it's really only hit me now the entire scale of stinginess.

They are fully equippen by the community to update zomg as well as make their facebook games. But they don't even want to hire one contractor so zomg can keep one dev.

Really Gaia? Really?

If Gaia wants to make these community killing business decisions then at least man up, tell players the truth and grow some balls to face the backlash.

Oh yeah that's right but its hard because they are always pulling the "we need more money and the poor servers can't handle xyz" Well now I know its all just BS. Gaia probably makes millions in profits by just being cheap liars. They don't want to update the games and featurs because they don't WANT to not because they don't have the money, and the total lack of respect for their users just I know how to express in English....its just total disrespect. Gaia has just lost a ton of my respect.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
We know what the response is gonna be: ''Facebook is money, zOMG isn't, but thanks for your money suckers!''

Anyways, this plot twist in the real Chapter 2 of the zOMG! saga should cause some sort of response soon I hope.

I heard also that in the spring cleanup held last time zOMG! development got the second highest amount of cookies, is it true? If so, that point should be brought on as well. Not only do we have lies but also neglect and deaf ears (or is it blind readers?).
I wasn't upset about hearing the news about zomg. It's not because I don't care, but because I was expecting them to eventually pull this s**t. They kept making excuses and putting zomg in a catch 22 situation. But this does make me mad. I even bought four of those damn amulets and for what? For nothing.

Thanks Gaia for making me waste my money. I know I made that decision of my own volition and Gaia didn't force me to. But I thought by spending that money on those amulets I would be helping zomg.

******** you, Gaia.

Confident Genius

Flux
We know what the response is gonna be: ''Facebook is money, zOMG isn't, but thanks for your money suckers!''

Anyways, this plot twist in the real Chapter 2 of the zOMG! saga should cause some sort of response soon I hope.

I heard also that in the spring cleanup held last time zOMG! development got the second highest amount of cookies, is it true? If so, that point should be brought on as well. Not only do we have lies but also neglect and deaf ears (or is it blind readers?).
I recall hearing that as well. It was second to the "Free Layering" suggestion that Pan I believe it was, posted in and said it was highly unlikely since they'd have to redo all of how the avatar system functioned.

So with that in mind, I technically consider it the top suggestion in the SC forum.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Miss-dark8607
Starshine

Really Gaia? Really?

Oh yeah that's right but its hard because they are always pulling the "we need more money and the poor servers can't handle xyz" Well now I know its all just BS. Gaia probably makes millions in profits by just being cheap liars. They don't want to update the games and featurs because they don't WANT to not because they don't have the money, and the total lack of respect for their users just I know how to express in English....its just total disrespect. Gaia has just lost a ton of my respect.

That doesn't make any sense though because updated games make more money. Besides the fact it seems like they are constantly fixing one bug or another.
I remember back in the day we suggested something along the lines of shutting down gaia for a day to fix all the bugs. Of course back then there weren't as many games and such. And people weren't nearly as demanding ......
If they did say shut down the site to say fix all the bugs in ZOMG then the 95% who don't play it wouldn't be happy. In any case it sounds like they're keeping ZOMG up on the website just not updating it .

Of course even if gaia did give an response the Zomg users wouldn't be satisfed. ( as they aren't now).

Dangerous Visionary

Lady Leopardess
Miss-dark8607
Starshine

Really Gaia? Really?

That doesn't make any sense though because updated games make more money. Besides the fact it seems like they are constantly fixing one bug or another.
I remember back in the day we suggested something along the lines of shutting down gaia for a day to fix all the bugs. Of course back then there weren't as many games and such.
If they did say shut down the site to say fix all the bugs in ZOMG then the 95% who don't play it wouldn't be happy. In any case it sounds like they're keeping ZOMG up on the website just not updating it .

That's assuming they have been telling the truth about how this site is ran from the get go. I'm sorry but Gaia just lost all my trust today. I don't believe the FMI or anything else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff