Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durem Champion

I remember year after year users cried for a battle system where we could use gaias items to fight. It didn't perfectly match that description since it used rings instead of say, an ancient katana, but it was good enough to satisfy. And although I could never stay on it, it was a very fun pass-time. Just like black jack and slots. to hear that its leaving is pretty sad. Aside from clans, which I still am active in, I was only truly active in the zOMG community during the closed-beta period, in which the developers were amazing at everything when it came to us. If they still even have half that dedication to the user base, ending it is.. just stupid.

I'm a huge fan of the fact that nearly a decade after the website was made, not only are moderators still deeply part of the community, but even the developers and artists are. Thats not something many games, or even forums have at this point. And because of that, its very rare for me to complain about things that happen, because I trust they have us in mind doing it. This however, is a complete disregard of gaias userbase, and its just disappointing to hear.

tl:dr
Gaias' mom
I'm not mad, I'm disappointed.

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Anything that Gaia promises requiring real life money input from uses. So like this ZOMG continuation, requires Gaia to be fully open and transparant on the outcome.

And, IF (they shouldn't because Gaians paid money to keep it alive and that's what everyone wants), Gaia makes the decision on not putting effort in for the coming time, then Gaia needs to send all that ZOMG real life money back to the users immediately. exclaim

And please Gaia, stop (implementing) these Facebook related games. No one is here on Gaia for that. People go to Facebook directly if they wanted to play such game. Support and advertise your own games, like you did in the beginning when ZOMG was just released.
The Real Ryu Hi
On that note, I can't help but think if they remove one they will have to remove the other, a lot of alchemy formula's use zOMG drops and items.....without zOMG, it's likely that alchemy will become that much more difficult.

Exactly. But I'm sure that they will just modify those formulas that require zOMG drops, similar to what they did with the Golden Magical Giftbox. I'm not sure about what they'll do with those Kamila items and epic recipes. Those rely solely on zOMG loot to create...There are many people after those items, it's sad to know that their dreams will be shot because of this. The prices for these items will also rise too.

If they remove Item Alchemy- A s**t storm would ensue, perhaps, even larger than this one. Those items are incredibly desirable. To remove users' chances to get the items- I can't even imagine how chaotic it'd be.

Sexy Assailant

Tell that to their CEO.

wagnas
Anything that Gaia promises requiring real life money input from uses. So like this ZOMG continuation, requires Gaia to be fully open and transparant on the outcome.

And, IF (they shouldn't because Gaians paid money to keep it alive and that's what everyone wants), Gaia makes the decision on not putting effort in for the coming time, then Gaia needs to send all that ZOMG real life money back to the users immediately. exclaim

And please Gaia, stop (implementing) these Facebook related games. No one is here on Gaia for that. People go to Facebook directly if they wanted to play such game. Support and advertise your own games, like you did in the beginning when ZOMG was just released.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
wagnas

They do that to help boost their profits. So they can SUPPOSEDLY give us better things. rolleyes

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I feel kinda disgusted that they are yet again trashing a good feature to make room for more crap.

Unbeatable Vampire

18,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Sumanai
The Real Ryu Hi
On that note, I can't help but think if they remove one they will have to remove the other, a lot of alchemy formula's use zOMG drops and items.....without zOMG, it's likely that alchemy will become that much more difficult.

Exactly. But I'm sure that they will just modify those formulas that require zOMG drops, similar to what they did with the Golden Magical Giftbox. I'm not sure about what they'll do with those Kamila items and epic recipes. Those rely solely on zOMG loot to create...There are many people after those items, it's sad to know that their dreams will be shot because of this. The prices for these items will also rise too.

If they remove Item Alchemy- A s**t storm would ensue, perhaps, even larger than this one. Those items are incredibly desirable. To remove users' chances to get the items- I can't even imagine how chaotic it'd be.

There were other recipes that people were already having problems with, and Gaia's response to people wanting them changed was that since there may already be people who are working on them as they are, they would never change the component types used to create things. Thus meaning that if a recipe uses zOMG loot, while they might change the quantities used (such as they did with the giftbox) they wouldn't get rid of those paths completely. Not sure how they are going to handle this when it becomes an issue. (However since the main reason people are even bothering with Alchemy is pretty much impossible anyway *coughs*backwings*cough-cough*, I don't know how much of an issue they'd have at this point....unless that recipe specifically calls for loot. Anyone still at a lower level might as well give up once zOMG is gone.)

Sexy Assailant

I wouldn't say they are trashing it, but placing it on a dusty shelf when there are serious glitches involving paid-for areas is still low.

Soarin`
I feel kinda disgusted that they are yet again trashing a good feature to make room for more crap.

Sexy Assailant

Sexy Assailant

Alien Trash

12,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Flying Dicks
Rya Dracosin
While I appreciate and applaud this thread, you likely wont get any answers from anyone but those who've tried to be helpful in the past. The next AtA will explode again as users try and get answers out of lanzer (my phone tried to correct his name as "manservant" LOL). I want to see lanzer, the CEO, and other head honchos respond to this s**t.

I honestly don't see any reason for lies at all to happen. Nor half truths. This is a community. Not just a business venture. We are people, not just $$$.

I see a reason for it-

They want to devote their time to facebook games. They wanted an excuse to justify the move to FB in the eyes of the users. They have been telling us all this time that all their profitization attempts have failed and that it wasn't bringing in any money. And it was all lies.

******** facebook.
Why was that monstrosity of a website allowed to surface its horned head?
Now Gaia is trying to ******** with facebook.
Why must all good things go to s**t?
You know Gaia is going to get publicity via facebook, and that is going to generate funds and traffic, but ALSO it will most definitely have negative attention as well. I can picture some f*****t from facebook discovering Gaia, then killing himself because he couldn't get his precious Ancient Katana. Then it gets covered on the news, then Gaia gets bashed and censored because of it. I can see it all playing out now.
Woah. Wait... They aren't gonna develop any additions to it?
It was a fun flash mmo. confused
But he seemed to be being pretty legit, and this topic seems a bit raw.

Timid Nerd

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I cant really add much more with what people are saying here, although i'll be interested as to what the other devs would say.

To be honest however, i wouldn't be too suprised if Swarf lost his job for revealing that kind of stuff, unfortunately.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Iv never liked zOMG since it came out so i dont care what they do to it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items