Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

Angeloni87
lets face it folks. gaia is getting more and more closer to being facebook overrun. perhaps that meowbook joke they did was really a dark foretelling of whats going to happen to gaia. I won't be surprised one bit if they fully merge with facebook. we'll all be screwed.

I gotta say that's probably to true. They do seem to want to get into the FB gaming realm which is so ironic since they always treated their own games like s**t. However, I have seen this before where a site grows bigger than itself and tries to copy what's hot now. I used to be a member of Bolt.com it was the very first forum site I was on. bolt's history They also betrayed its core users and as you can see from its wiki it never really recovered after trying so hard to be like Myspace.

I joined Gaia because of that site stupidity and changes. Now I'm going to have to leave Gaia for I don't even know what because of the same reason. Gaia wants to be a Facebook app fine. I won't be joining them. Just like I didn't join bolt2 and three. The lesson is never betray and lie to the very people that made you a success. I don't think the CEO and the higher ups understand the history of Gaia and what made it what it is. Bolt I can understand because it was ahead of its time and all as it was the very first social networking site but Gaia started in 2003 and it wasn't anything new. It was a small site for anime nerds. Which so many examples of how to do things right, why does Gaia insist on doing it things the wrong way? I swear I am believing that this site whole concept is like the "Springtime for Hitler" set up. They get profits for failing.

Supportive Seeker

Is Gaia gonna go the way of Sega? With being like a console and making games for it, but then decides to stop with the console(site) and just make games for other consoles(sites)?

Apocalyptic General

14,950 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150

Someone dub this with "Gaia" in certain parts.

Dangerous Visionary

Gundamu
Is Gaia gonna go the way of Sega? With being like a console and making games for it, but then decides to stop with the console(site) and just make games for other consoles(sites)?

Possible given this: number game I can pretty much see Gaia just axing this site in favor of going 100% FB port.

Dangerous Visionary

Flying Dicks
I've been watching the zOMG thing unfold, and really its been... difficult. However at the time, all we had to go off of was what your staff said... And what, are we supposed to assume you're lying?

Excuses excuses Sorry Gaia but when you are being this big of an a** you can't just cover it with pretty words.

Apocalyptic General

14,950 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
He didn't even cause the problem.
Miss-dark8607
Flying Dicks
I've been watching the zOMG thing unfold, and really its been... difficult. However at the time, all we had to go off of was what your staff said... And what, are we supposed to assume you're lying?

Excuses excuses Sorry Gaia but when you are being this big of an a** you can't just cover it with pretty words.

Once again Narumi draws the short straw and has to go take flak for something he has nothing to do with.

I appreciate the effort but I just don't believe whats being said to me.

Supportive Seeker

Flying Dicks
Miss-dark8607
Flying Dicks

Once again Narumi draws the short straw and has to go take flak for something he has nothing to do with.

Gaia loves it's meat shields.

Dangerous Visionary

Flying Dicks
Miss-dark8607
Flying Dicks

Yeah its a shame as we do have some great people upstairs that do care and understand what makes Gaia a nice place but then we got the not so great ones messing it up for everyone.
Narumi has replied again to the topic, response here:

Narumi Misuhara
I agree you guys deserve some answers, and I expect much of tomorrow will be spent gathering all the facts we have on zOMG for reasonable disclosure to the community.

I'm sorry I can't really answer any more questions at this time, not because I don't want to or because I have been asked not to but literally because I don't know the answers. Sadly I'm one of the evil managers you guys speak of crying but, since many of these decisions you guys are upset about were before my appointment, it's all stuff I'm not up to speed on and don't have all the facts on at this time, hopefully by the end of tomorrow I can say differently.

Poor Naru. sad Being used as well... kind of a punch bag for Gaia HQ really.

Conservative Wrangler

12,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
From everything I've read thus far, people are bending over backward specifically not to use Narumi as a punching bag.
Aileeya
From everything I've read thus far, people are bending over backward specifically not to use Narumi as a punching bag.

I think people who know of Naru will try to "spare" him.
But how many people know/care who he is?

Plus the fact that HQ decided it was ok to do this to him to begin with... its really insulting.

Apocalyptic General

14,950 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
Flying Dicks
There are some really manipulative ideas in his post. I hope he's only the messenger, not the architect.

Lonely Lunatic

Aileeya

People here have this habit of not wanting to insult people that actually try to talk to us, and it's much easier to hate on a the big bad anonymous "Gaia HQ" then actual people.

My feelings are 50/50. While I hope this is just one big communication mess between everyone involved and it simply looks far worse than it actually is, I'm not going to cry if it turns out Naru's less than innocent here.

Shy Sentai

13,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Miss-dark8607
HardLinesAndKevlar
dreamsk
lol You know they're going to think staying silent about it will make us forget. I think the zOMG forum has it covered in terms of rallying support. I dont think gaia is going to do anything about it, they dont know the definition of apology or the difference between lie and marketing.

Just saying your pretty late on the bandwagon on this one.

All sad truths about Gaia. 3nodding rolleyes

They will temporize and try to placate as much as they want to try and quiet people down, and then they'll back away from it and hope that everyone goes back to being unthinking consumers. They've done the SAME THING with Booty Grab, after all, so it was only a matter of time before they kicked zOMG to the curb, as well.

You guys are forgetting the "best" part Gaia will also roll out a bunch of fancy new RIGS and other cash items to calm us all down and make us fall in love with them again...and then the pattern continues. Yup I ******** called it years ago this site is like being in an abusive relationship. We all need to just pack up s**t up and go.

I was thinking something similar. I'm waiting for that next CS update to see what happens. A crapton of us are angry, disappointed, shocked to the point of feeling numb, screaming our wallets are closed, and what-have-you, but I wouldn't be surprised if that next update...Well, you and I both know how SF can be. Sometimes I feel like that's why Gaia doesn't get s**t done: because "Users aren't really angry. Look at them throwing their money at us. They don't care what s**t we pull, all we gotta do is release that next RIG; they're shitting their pants waiting for that next bundle. Throw in a few cats, some 'I Am" items and we're golden."

I'm torn on the pack s**t up and go part though. Like you said, abusive relationship; love the good memories so much you wanna see if it'll ever go back to that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff