Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I've been watching the zOMG thing unfold, and really its been... difficult. However at the time, all we had to go off of was what your staff said... And what, are we supposed to assume you're lying?
Well, from now on, that's exactly what I'll be assuming.

By the way, I have it screenshotted. Everything he has said up until now. You can do damage control... but it wont help at this point. Not for me anyways.
Swarf himself removed his thread and replaced it with this.

You need to level with us. Be honest about why you're making the choices you're making. Why are you dropping development on zOMG? I've played other free MMOs. The users usually don't care. they speak ill of the staff and just complain about everything. But zOMG players do truly love zOMG. They love the devs. They support it, monetarily, when they can. And apparently, it HAS been pulling in a profit.

So, is it due to low user numbers? According to swarf, who really has no motivation to lie since its likely to get him in hot water with his employers, zOMG has more users per month than all other flash enviro's except Rally.

I don't know what to think about this Gaia. I was sad about zOMG but figured that it had just lost its long and arduous battle after this long. But.. it didn't. It didn't lose anything. You just tripped it up at the start.

And what Swarf is saying, proves me right all those times I said YOU were the ones who set up zOMG to fail. YOU did not put the advertising dollars in. YOU took devs away from it again and again and gave them four months per year to do updates and bug fixes for a huge title.

Yet despite that zOMG continued on. And oh, you milked it. You milked the ******** out of the userbase you know you have. More than once, zOMG users were given sales goals to meet, or zOMG would lose a dev... every time they met, and may have exceeded them. You've made bundles off of zOMG and paid almost nothing into it since the beginning.

You did this, Gaia. And I want an explanation.

I want an explanation for the lies.
I want an explanation for the deception.
I want an explanation for the repeated milking of the userbase.
And most of all...

I want an explanation about why you're throwing it all away.
I want an explanation about why you just don't give a ******** about zOMG.

For once in your life I want you to be accountable to your users. Because this isn't funny anymore. You've betrayed a segment of your userbase that has done nothing but arduously support the thing they love. I want you to stand up, tell the truth, and learn the meaning of accountability.

You're going to kill the thing they loved. Finally going to strike the killing blow, after all this time of leeching the life out of it...

It is the least you can do.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
You know you're not going to get the truth. One thing that Gaia has always been really bad about is telling the truth. "Oh, the watermeats were never supposed to drop that much gold. We didn't nerf them, we just made them what they were supposed to be". "Oh, some random team just decided they had the power to remove all tobacco related items". "zOMG just isn't profitable enough". Granted, I have no proof the first 2 are lies, but they make no sense logically.. but we now have proof that Gaia is a liar. And they'll continue to be, because they think that lies will appease us.
My personal feeling on what the truth is; they want to be able to focus more on Facebook games. Because that's what the CEO is familiar with and that's what he likes.

hibi-tea's Significant Otter

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I played zOMG casually, so I can't even begin to imagine how the users feel that were more invested in it. But just reading about this makes me sick and leaves me wondering how much more they are lying to their users about. Is this just the tip of the iceberg? It's been proven time and again that they aren't truthful with their users, but this just takes the cake.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Katarina Everard
I played zOMG casually, so I can't even begin to imagine how the users feel that were more invested in it. But just reading about this makes me sick and leaves me wondering how much more they are lying to their users about. Is this just the tip of the iceberg?

*Consults magic 8-ball*
"Signs point to yes. "

Well, at least it's more reliable than listening to Gaia! emotion_awesome

Confident Genius

You've given a perfect voice to my outrage at this situation. Beautifully said.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
While I appreciate and applaud this thread, you likely wont get any answers from anyone but those who've tried to be helpful in the past. The next AtA will explode again as users try and get answers out of lanzer (my phone tried to correct his name as "manservant" LOL). I want to see lanzer, the CEO, and other head honchos respond to this s**t.

I honestly don't see any reason for lies at all to happen. Nor half truths. This is a community. Not just a business venture. We are people, not just $$$.

Vicious Vampire

14,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Man, I'm so pissed off right now.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Rya Dracosin
While I appreciate and applaud this thread, you likely wont get any answers from anyone but those who've tried to be helpful in the past. The next AtA will explode again as users try and get answers out of lanzer (my phone tried to correct his name as "manservant" LOL). I want to see lanzer, the CEO, and other head honchos respond to this s**t.

I honestly don't see any reason for lies at all to happen. Nor half truths. This is a community. Not just a business venture. We are people, not just $$$.

I see a reason for it-

They want to devote their time to facebook games. They wanted an excuse to justify the move to FB in the eyes of the users. They have been telling us all this time that all their profitization attempts have failed and that it wasn't bringing in any money. And it was all lies.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
~Lady_Ebbie~

"Pissed off" is not quite the word I'd use

Betrayed
Seems to be a better fit...

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
And then not inviting swarf to the zOMG meeting and descision making on it.
Gaia,you're hiding.
Please,learn from Swarf. He's awesome,you other admins are running like cowards.

Vicious Vampire

14,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Flying Dicks
~Lady_Ebbie~

"Pissed off" is not quite the word I'd use

Betrayed
Seems to be a better fit...
I'm both.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Flying Dicks
Rya Dracosin

I see a reason for it-

They want to devote their time to facebook games. They wanted an excuse to justify the move to FB in the eyes of the users. They have been telling us all this time that all their profitization attempts have failed and that it wasn't bringing in any money. And it was all lies.

I really meant GOOD reason. There are times where lies and half truths can be beneficial (hiding a surprise) but I don't see anything good out of falsifying information
Or at the very least, nit giving the truth to us straight. Makes me wonder if they really care about the features for our sake...

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Already know that the truth will never spoken to any of us, but. . . I still want to know anyways because this is ******** up beyond all reason.

Come on Gaia, give me a decent reason why you feel that it's alright to lie to your userbase.

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Bravo on the zOMG devs. They have shown a stunning amount of ethical integrity over the MMO's troubled life, and when even their bosses seem to have turned on them, they continue to blow that whistle.

Good on you, guys, but at the same time, the commercial corruption of Gaia has never been so baldly exposed before, and it's frightening. I hope your jobs don't suffer as a result.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff