Welcome to Gaia! ::

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Yeah, I know. "But it's only November!" But... I figure this is an idea I ought to get out there early, so it can be worked into whatever holiday plans Gaia comes up with.

Ever since I learned about the Paws base, my thoughts were basically, "Wow, this would be a perfect way to give us ElfTech skins". They are, in fact, almost perfectly sized:

User ImageUser Image

The torsos and legs would be a little smaller, but I think everyone would let that slide. Skins with all the human skintone colors and little pointy ears -- how perfect would that be? Well, perfect enough that I wouldn't be surprised if you were already considering it, hence why I've been sitting back and waiting rather than demanding it up and down.

But I'm bringing it up now, because here's something you might not've considered:

In a recent chat with a fellow fair-folk player, we were discussing about the actual sizes of fairies and pixies, and whether they can switch to a sprite form or if the big fae and little fae are different races...

And I thought, you know what skin would make me gladly switch between a Human-sized base and a Paws-sized base regularly? A cute little sprite skin.

Something like what should've been made with the Bottled Faerie series, but wasn't. Something similar to what an ElfTech skin would look like, but with more otherworldly coloring, ethereal hair that blurs into the skin (and, preferably, hair that goes up), and erlking length ears.

And yes, I feel this would be a perfect thing to release for the holidays. What better time to introduce sugarplum fairies to the site? wink

EDIT:

Holy crap, Gaia does listen

Gaia, the new skins are perfect -- thank you! heart

(Now release the ElfTech clothes!)

Time-traveling Senshi

I would be so for this even if, heck it would be better if they do it this way, they sold them as skin items for cash in Skin Tyte. They could have them in all the default skin tones with the pointed elf ears on them. They could even have special skins for Grombies, the dark elf gray (Luca cosplay anyone), vampire skin and in white, red, yellow, green, blue, black, purple, and pink to start. If they do that though then I'd also want some of the facial scars we have for humans made into something Paws can wear too. What a great way to expand on the Paws base and have everyone be able to enjoy it instead of the privileged few with Halos and Tickets to throw around like they're a twenty-five gold tip.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

IDK. ): The whole point of Paws is we're cute little animals not humans.
Maybe not "elftech base" but "elftech themed items" would be better?

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Chibi Halo
I would be so for this even if, heck it would be better if they do it this way, they sold them as skin items for cash in Skin Tyte. They could have them in all the default skin tones with the pointed elf ears on them. They could even have special skins for Grombies, the dark elf gray (Luca cosplay anyone), vampire skin and in white, red, yellow, green, blue, black, purple, and pink to start.

Hnnnngh Luca cosplay gonk heart

Actually, since they would be holiday items, technically a Treehouse release is viable... probably not likely, since they seem to push harder for cash items where Paws are involved, but.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

sodium

But elves and fairies aren't human, either. gonk

And honestly, little magic sprites are waaaaaaay up my alley more than puppies and bunnies. And I say this as a fan of both puppies and bunnies!

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Pie
sodium

And honestly, little magic sprites are waaaaaaay up my alley more than puppies and bunnies. And I say this as a fan of both puppies and bunnies!

That's true~ gonk I dunno. Fairies and sprites sound cute as heck but elves just seem like "humans with pointy ears" to me especially if you start putting them in all the same human skin tones.

Like "ice elves" that are light blue or "candy elves" that are pink seems better. emotion_8c Maybe I'm just being protective. xd

All that aside I'm super hopeful for some better Paw Xmas items so any suggestions are great in my book.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

sodium
Pie
sodium

That's true~ gonk I dunno. Fairies and sprites sound cute as heck but elves just seem like "humans with pointy ears" to me especially if you start putting them in all the same human skin tones.

Like "ice elves" that are light blue or "candy elves" that are pink seems better. emotion_8c Maybe I'm just being protective. xd

All that aside I'm super hopeful for some better Paw Xmas items so any suggestions are great in my book.

Honestly, I'd agree with you, except for the fact that the basic A skintone would be a must -- since that's what the original ElfTechs used -- and I can already tell that if they put out one skintone without the rest there would be Site Feedback riots. gonk

Also, I guess I'm a little less protective since the peach-colored Animal skins aren't that hard to disguise as a human, and it's not like the human bases don't have their own werewolf and centaur mods.

If they really wanted to push the 'animals only, fools', they could give the sprite skins their own base selection in the avatar customization, let them wear Paws items, treat them as Humans for Paws contests and the forum. surprised
sodium

This. If they starting making a bunch of chibi human skins, the whole focus of the base will change because there will end up being all sorts of push for more in that direction and the animal side of it will end up pretty much completely dropped most likely.

I wouldn't mind little elf sets done kind of like the Bottled series but with the ears to work with existing furs rather than separate skins.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

~ Aki - Fairy ~
sodium

This. If they starting making a bunch of chibi human skins, the whole focus of the base will change because there will end up being all sorts of push for more in that direction and the animal side of it will end up pretty much completely dropped most likely.

I wouldn't mind little elf sets done kind of like the Bottled series but with the ears to work with existing furs rather than separate skins.

I understand the concern, but I really doubt that's going to happen. Playing as animals is extremely popular, since most complaints about the Paws base are "items are too expensive", "there aren't enough items", or "you haven't released it in my favorite animal yet". Not to mention, animal skins have way more potential for variety and creativity, as evidenced by the fact that there are already way more Paws skins than human skins.

Yes, it could potentially grab the attention of a different part of the userbase, but is that necessarily a bad thing? That just gives them more incentive to make more items for it. Fairy items. Like corgi mounts, for fae and mice alike to ride into their itty bitty little battles. surprised heart

Time-traveling Senshi

Pie
Chibi Halo
I would be so for this even if, heck it would be better if they do it this way, they sold them as skin items for cash in Skin Tyte. They could have them in all the default skin tones with the pointed elf ears on them. They could even have special skins for Grombies, the dark elf gray (Luca cosplay anyone), vampire skin and in white, red, yellow, green, blue, black, purple, and pink to start.

Hnnnngh Luca cosplay gonk heart

Actually, since they would be holiday items, technically a Treehouse release is viable... probably not likely, since they seem to push harder for cash items where Paws are involved, but.

I could see them having a Paws item in the cash shop that's an elftech item complete with the skin in the right size for a Paws base. But like I was pointing out, the more unique skins in Skin Tyte are for Cash only so they would have to make something like this a premium skin.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
I suggested this at an ask the staff. I had suggested that they make NPC themed items around holidays for paws, like a jack item, Elves at Christmas, and an Easter Bunny item. Princess Angelishia did reply to it that it was a cute, and that they could definitely consider doing it. Hopefully we will get elf bases in all the normal human skin tones.

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
Elves and fairies are too much like humans.
Keep them away from the Paw base please.
We're animals..let's keep it that way.
emotion_donotwant

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Ninja Katze
I suggested this at an ask the staff. I had suggested that they make NPC themed items around holidays for paws, like a jack item, Elves at Christmas, and an Easter Bunny item. Princess Angelishia did reply to it that it was a cute, and that they could definitely consider doing it. Hopefully we will get elf bases in all the normal human skin tones.

Hnnngh! Well, that's encouraging! biggrin Do you still have the post?

I'm still gonna keep pushing it, just so this doesn't sink down in the pile of "we'll consider it"s that are overrunning AtS these days.

K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Elves and fairies are too much like humans.
Keep them away from the Paw base please.
We're animals..let's keep it that way.
emotion_donotwant

I really don't see how this stops you guys from still being Animals.

Can't we share the little size stuff? confused

Widower

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200
User Image {Could LOVE some nice items for the holidays.~ It would be supah epic!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
At least the items for paws would be great!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff