Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nepirimu
For paw bases it says "Animal" as gender, which is kinda silly. But I agree, I wish profile gender could be edited separately from avatar gender.

That almost makes me want to use an animal base.

Sex: ANIMAL.

Hell yes.

Hoarding Hoarder

I agree that our stated gender should not be tied to our base gender, and that we should have the option to change it to whatever someone truly identifies as. I'm a female using a male base, but with the items I currently have equipped, you can't even tell anyways. But as a social site, I can see the want to know who the other person you're talking to can be, or if people want to be preferred under certain pronouns.
Make it an option to set it to Male, Female, Other, (Add in some specifics.) and Undisclosed. Maybe even add in some silly ones like, Angel, Demon, Animal, Zombie, etc.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I completely forgot that this feature even existed. I think it's something the profiles could really do without. It's unnecessary. Even so, the ability to choose which gender (or lack thereof) you identify as would be nice.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
The simplest fix would simply be having the two separated, or having an option to write whatever you want.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Teacup456
Touhru Adachi
Teacup456
Also, what gender does it say for animal avis?

Omfg, it says ' Gender: Animal, ' I'm dying.

User Image

lol really?
I guess animal is now a gender... I can think of only one user who would be okay with gender as animal sweatdrop
I'd rather it say Avatar Base: (animal, male, female, etc.) and then Gender: (Male, Female, other). So yeah. Can we have an update to this?

I agree. It's silly to have it imply that your avatar's gender automatically matches your own; but at the same time I sometimes want to know whether a base is male or female, regardless of the gender of the user, for much the same reason I sometimes click on the "show equipped list" button for certain avatars... it's just another component of the avatar, like any item would be.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Disciple of Sakura
Free Killz
I don't want to start offending anyone, but why would people like you dress up as a female, per say, and then try and imply that you identify urself as a male to society. That's just sounds really confusing.

No offense taken on my part, but I do want to call this out: Why would you dress up as an animal, but then imply that you identify yourself as human?

Please don't put words in my mouth, it really makes me sound like a hypocrite, which I'm certainly sure I am not. I think I have stated my every single word, in the most right manner possible and I didn't go against my words in any kind of way, from my previous posts. I would also really like to know, how exactly do I imply that I identify myself as human? Being a human by the screen doesn't have to be implied, it's a known fact. But from my previous posts I was talking exclusively about the human base, only. And about the the main problem of the topic, the gender problem (which doesn't need to be taken to seriously in my opinion, cause this is the internet after all), but I don't really get why would OP (and some other people) think that this would be a solution for his problem, because let's be serious his avi literally represents a girl avi, and any person who sees that avi would automatically assume that it's a female and call the person behind the screen when interacting, by female pronouns! I don't wanna take it to this point, but if we would talk about real life this situation would really look like: "Seeing a cute girl walk by on the street and she would suddenly tell you that she has a d**k under her skirt" but, again I don't care about about what gender the person is under the screen, and if they use an opposite gender avi, but it really bothers me that these kind of persons would take it to this point, which is too serious, I consider that they set themselves up for being called with the wrong pronouns, in the first place, what else would they expect, people are people after all, and they make basic assumptions of the persons real gender, judging from different clues, like a person's avatar, and I consider that it's normal. This request is just pointless and wouldn't do much even if "fixed".

If we were to talk about animal being set as a gender, I think that's it's pretty silly, but it's an error made by gaia, and still, I don't think I have a problem with it, if people would really like to know my gender I would just state it and move along, asking wouldn't bother me really.

Cunning Lunatic

Help Foxy rebuild!

Agreed. Post in the site feedback.

Send me item suggestions in a PM! heart ~

Kawaii Kitten

I support adding more options. Me and my avi are female, but I think people who want to pick a base other than their profile gender, or want to pick an non-binary gender, should have the option to.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
do people even look there before deciding which pronouns to use?

i'm a guy with a male avatar and a statement in my sig about it and i still get a bunch of people referring to me as she/her and i'm not really sure why. emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff