Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Bunny

Razumi Yazura
That makes me worry about Aquariums.

Pan was working on adjustments with Booty Grab and I don't know if he looks into things still, but I didn't think that certain fish would be pulled out of the shops for this long. I wonder who is maintaining aquariums now and if some of the fish that were temporarily removed will return soon. Also, I feel that the 300% bonus hasn't been scaled down in awhile. While it was scaled down from 350%, I'm pretty sure that it was supposed to be scaled down even more at one point.

I know that Lanzer has made some fixes and adjustments of some sort, but it looks like the issue with ghost fish has returned and they are glowing again. People are abusing that and I've seen tanks completely filled with ghost fish and are still getting gold during glows times that shouldn't even be happening.

I'm not familiar with aquariums, what is the ghost fish?

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Starshine
I'm not familiar witg aquariums, what is the ghost fish?
Ghost fish are when aquarium fish reach their expected time of death. If a user visited their tank already in a day and a fish dies later on, they will not be "flushed" and won't grant a drop until the next day/midnight. These fish are "ghosts." If you never visit your tank after a fish dies, they will remain in your tank.

Ghost fish are not supposed to glow. They're dead. They're not supposed to grant gold during Booty Grab. At one point, this was fixed, but it has become a problem again and has been going on for quite a handful of weeks now. It needs to be fixed.

Destructive Bunny

Razumi Yazura
Starshine
I'm not familiar witg aquariums, what is the ghost fish?
Ghost fish are when aquarium fish reach their expected time of death. If a user visited their tank already in a day and a fish dies later on, they will not be "flushed" and won't grant a drop until the next day/midnight. These fish are "ghosts." If you never visit your tank after a fish dies, they will remain in your tank.

Ghost fish are not supposed to glow. They're dead. They're not supposed to grant gold during Booty Grab. At one point, this was fixed, but it has become a problem again and has been going on for quite a handful of weeks now. It needs to be fixed.
I see, thanks ^^

Gaia should just make dead belly up animations for them, then no one will want to keep dead fish :3

Stone-cold Bloodsucker

14,150 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
I can say without a doubt that if zOMG is not revived after this new game is out (or before), that they will not see another penny from me, ever. (And trust me, I have spent a decent sum of $$).

I can honestly say Gaia does not care about it's userbase and that really hurts.

Edit: Ok so most of those who work on Gaia do care about the userbase, what I said earlier was a bit rash and I do apologize.

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Starshine
I see, thanks ^^

Gaia should just make dead belly up animations for them, then no one will want to keep dead fish :3
I don't think Gaia should add the extra effort just to do that. For a lot of people, that would be an incentive to keep a tank of dead fish.

It would just be nice to see the glitch fixed.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Free hugs for everyone

I can honestly say Gaia does not care about it's userbase and that really hurts.

Exactly how I feel. How do you run a company without any regard for the customers whatsoever? Reading this thread, I've seen more than just members upset about problems with ZOMG. It seems like the entire site is broken or glitched in one way or another, but all that's being done is Facebook games. Makes me scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Jayce Reinhardt
Opera Phantomess

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Thank you for providing this information.

Is it just me, or does this sound very familiar and wrong (in the sense of development and almost immediate abandonment with little to no after maintenance for a fairly new game)?

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

I'm not Swarf but I wanted to respond to this anyway.

I don't blame the Dev's or the artist for that, They don't get to take themselves off of projects. (Not saying you are, but in case someone should misunderstood my post)

But it is a pattern that is killing Gaia, once something is done, it is left to rot. Gaia as a company (Not as individuals) has only been consistent on one thing. Items for ones avatar.

Neither do I. Swarf and many other artists and developers are amazing and I do feel sorry for them when they are thrown into doing something way too soon after finishing a project that may never see any maintenance or decent updates at all. They work so hard on something, and then they are forced to see it rot whether they want to or not. I know at least [ JK ] was willing to not only put in extra hours into maintaining zOMG!, but to learn code to prevent the game from becoming useless. Now, he is not even on the game anymore, something I know that him and others that have worked on it worried so much would occur.

Destructive Bunny

Razumi Yazura
I don't think Gaia should add the extra effort just to do that. For a lot of people, that would be an incentive to keep a tank of dead fish.

It would just be nice to see the glitch fixed.
You know I was under te assumption that Gaia will always fix bugs that we can "exploit" to our advantage. Apparently not confused

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Starshine
You know I was under te assumption that Gaia will always fix bugs that we can "exploit" to our advantage. Apparently not confused
This is a very important glitch too. People are gaining gold without paying for the fish. If more people start doing it and just stop buying fish altogether, they're going to lose even more money while still pumping more gold into the system.

I'm sure that it will be fixed, but it needs to be fixed soon.

Destructive Bunny

Opera Phantomess

Neither do I. Swarf and many other artists and developers are amazing and I do feel sorry for them when they are thrown into doing something way too soon after finishing a project that may never see any maintenance or decent updates at all. They work so hard on something, and then they are forced to see it rot whether they want to or not. I know at least [ JK ] was willing to not only put in extra hours into maintaining zOMG!, but to learn code to prevent the game from becoming useless. Now, he is not even on the game anymore, something I know that him and others that have worked on it worried so much would occur.

I can tell from their posts that the devs aren't happy about this either. Swarf has said that he will attend the player run "save zOMG" user meet, and JK has said he will continue to come to dev meets in his own spare time, Mav who isn't on Gaia's payroll anymore still turns up to all the meets.

So we have dedicated staff, dedicated customers, and a company that just doesn't care.

I'm not a fan of MoGa by anymeans, it's just a substandard ripoff of pokemon, but a ton of people paid for that game, for Gaia to abandon it too so early after release is crazy. Zynga and other FB companies that are obvious about their greed at least keep updating their games. I at least know that by me paying through the roof I'll be getting updates, with Gaia there's not even such guarantee.

Destructive Bunny

Razumi Yazura
This is a very important glitch too. People are gaining gold without paying for the fish. If more people start doing it and just stop buying fish altogether, they're going to lose even more money while still pumping more gold into the system.

I'm sure that it will be fixed, but it needs to be fixed soon.
I bet that when they do fix it, they use the excuse that people were exploiting it to nerf it right down. I don't play booty grab but it's some people's only source of income.

Did you see the latest dev notice? Towns saving system broke down again, apparently due to people exploiting it. To me it just sounds like it was never fix properly in the first place.

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Starshine
I bet that when they do fix it, they use the excuse that people were exploiting it to nerf it right down. I don't play booty grab but it's some people's only source of income.

Did you see the latest dev notice? Towns saving system broke down again, apparently due to people exploiting it. To me it just sounds like it was never fix properly in the first place.
Perhaps. It was stated before that Booty Grab was supposed to have more frequent changes to the gold granting, but that never came to be. I feel that people are now too comfortable with how much gold they are getting currently. Any significant nerfing would be very jarring.

I saw. That's going to be a pretty significant gash on my income since I try to craft a decent amount of Philosopher's cache in a day for gold. I wonder what the exploit even was. Whatever the case, it's frustrating to see a lot of paper hiding under broken carnations. I wonder why it's so hard to fix flowers.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Starshine
Opera Phantomess

I can tell from their posts that the devs aren't happy about this either. Swarf has said that he will attend the player run "save zOMG" user meet, and JK has said he will continue to come to dev meets in his own spare time, Mav who isn't on Gaia's payroll anymore still turns up to all the meets.

So we have dedicated staff, dedicated customers, and a company that just doesn't care.

I'm not a fan of MoGa by anymeans, it's just a substandard ripoff of pokemon, but a ton of people paid for that game, for Gaia to abandon it too so early after release is crazy. Zynga and other FB companies that are obvious about their greed at least keep updating their games. I at least know that by me paying through the roof I'll be getting updates, with Gaia there's not even such guarantee.

It is a shame when a company could care less about its employees and customers and more about the bottom line. When that happens, especially when you are a small private business like Gaia, you are essentially ******** unless you turn things around for the better.

Zynga at least has the decency to update and perform maintenance on a very regular basis. Gaia cannot look at Zynga's business strategy and follow it; Zynga dominates the Facebook game world, so unless you are already situated largely elsewhere with games, you are not going to be successful whatsoever. Neglecting games for new ones just to neglect those for new ones is not only stupid, once users on Facebook know your company name and associate you with a ******** up business strategy, you will actually not get back old customers or casual game players, or new ones, because you have been black listed by groups of people and then they go off to tell others not to bother with your new games and features.

Gaia has already laid down into its grave and covered itself in mud, dirt, rock, stones, branches, and whatever else was in that mud/dirt. It is still attempting to breathe despite there being no oxygen or area to breathe in with several tons of things on top of it.

Destructive Bunny

Since I've learned that MoGa got ditched too, I can't help but cross post this when I came across it.
Bladeglory
User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

So in perusing these forums, I was redirected to this new FaceBook game's Forum. SoulCrash. You're probably already aware that it's speculated to be the "other project" JK being forced to working on.

I glanced at a couple threads and then found something really, really funny, in a sick, cosmically ironic way.

Quote:
Ok...haven't been able to fight for 2 days now...didn't realize I was a Teamate short because the game didn't let me know...but now that I have a full team again...I still can't fight...nobody is playing the game...and no Mods seem to bother responding to General inquiries about game play, etc...this Forum seems a little garbled and really unkept...

Yes...it IS a new game...fine...I get that..but something has to give somewhere...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This just stinks...this game gets no Developer support...Mods don't bother to respond to any of the inquiries or posts...Prices for items are so outrageous it FORCES you to purchase items with REAL money...no way to "Train" to get stronger when you can't beat a Boss...

This game has alot of potential IF it was done correctly and not made for the sole purpose of making their players spend real money...

I'm not sure how accurate the statements are, but man, doesn't this forum know the feeling... User Image
Just another project that Gaia has *crunch* ... added to the heap.

Destructive Bunny

Razumi Yazura
Perhaps. It was stated before that Booty Grab was supposed to have more frequent changes to the gold granting, but that never came to be. I feel that people are now too comfortable with how much gold they are getting currently. Any significant nerfing would be very jarring.

I saw. That's going to be a pretty significant gash on my income since I try to craft a decent amount of Philosopher's cache in a day for gold. I wonder what the exploit even was. Whatever the case, it's frustrating to see a lot of paper hiding under broken carnations. I wonder why it's so hard to fix flowers.
Yeah, I don't know how it's even possible to break towns. sweatdrop When it first opened and users swamped it there were no such problems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff