Welcome to Gaia! ::

Star

Like, why does the "thank you" at the end link to the buying cash page.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Stay classy, Gaia. Stay classy. lol

On one hand, I can kind of see how in a situation where discounts and sales are rare, it would be an appropriate thank you. But with sales and discounts every day, on the hour....it just feels like an excuse to continue the bombardment behind a prettier facade than normal.

Ladykiller

Right? Hahaha.

Beloved Noob

It's really sad because it just seems plain out rude. They aren't sorry, they just saw this as a good excuse for a sale. If you ask me, the innocent users who were unknowingly given their 'stolen' items should be allowed to keep them. The users who abused the glitch should be punished, not the innocent. You know what? No. The glitch, unless I am mistaken, is Gaia's fault. Nobody needs to be punished by having a trade pass suspended. Maybe Gaia should spend all the money they are making from cash users on FIXING THE SITE. God only knows however many glitches there are. Seriously. Where is all their extra profits going!? Because I sure as hell see very little improvement here

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Zennethe
Just an outcast
i lol'd
those people that got free items
i wonder if they will get banned o-o

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Short answer: 90% yes. 9% maybe. 1% no.

The people who exploited the glitch may get banned, but the admins aren't going to ban the people who had those stolen items gifted or traded to them, especially if they didn't know the items were stolen.

Bloodthirsty Bibliophile

Teabo Milk Tea
Zennethe
Just an outcast
i lol'd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Short answer: 90% yes. 9% maybe. 1% no.

The people who exploited the glitch may get banned, but the admins aren't going to ban the people who had those stolen items gifted or traded to them, especially if they didn't know the items were stolen.

they're suspending trading passes and freezing accounts.
I honestly expect them to ban/ punish people without correct information.

Sparkling Hero

can someone explain what the glitch did??? or even better, what it was.

Trash Fox

27,925 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Team Carl 200
  • Waffles! 25
Riiku-Shi
It's really sad because it just seems plain out rude. They aren't sorry, they just saw this as a good excuse for a sale. If you ask me, the innocent users who were unknowingly given their 'stolen' items should be allowed to keep them. The users who abused the glitch should be punished, not the innocent. You know what? No. The glitch, unless I am mistaken, is Gaia's fault. Nobody needs to be punished by having a trade pass suspended. Maybe Gaia should spend all the money they are making from cash users on FIXING THE SITE. God only knows however many glitches there are. Seriously. Where is all their extra profits going!? Because I sure as hell see very little improvement here

I heard it's going to that god awful site of theirs Tentacl. But I'm not sure if that's true.

Devoted Member

you gliched and you still expect us to buy your cash? HA!

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Alanna Rose
Teabo Milk Tea
Zennethe
Just an outcast
i lol'd

they're suspending trading passes and freezing accounts.
I honestly expect them to ban/ punish people without correct information.

They're suspending trading passes to sort things out. neutral That's just standard procedure for them to suspend trading passes while they sort everything out, because if the person who unknowingly received a stolen item ends up giving the item to another person, it becomes more complicated because more people are involved, and suspending one's trading pass prevents a stolen item from being passed around from account to account.

Something happened last year where many users were gifted/traded items from a user who committed fraud, and an admin had posted in a thread where users expressed concern that they weren't going to ban people just for having an item gifted/traded to them from that particular person. It's likely the same with this situation--if the users didn't know the items they were gifted/traded were stolen, they're not going to get punished. In fact, a few users in a thread in the GCD talking about the incident have mentioned that they've already gotten their trading passes reenabled.

Dangerous Explorer

Princess Angelishia is aIways the one advertising in staff aIerts

Divine Muse

menmei_chan
can someone explain what the glitch did??? or even better, what it was.

Someone found a way to use an exploit to get Gaia Win bundles for free.
They then sold the items and bought from others.
Even the ones the user purchased from has their trading passes disabled.
When things got too hairy the user donated the gold to the "GoFusion" kickstarter.

Now, it's being spun that "She did it to protest the Gold gens" or something despite getting a number of users involved and who had nothing to do with it.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Oh come on, is obviously a ''special occasion'' so they are celebrating it. emotion_awesome

Sparkling Hero

Jayce Reinhardt

is that why the go fusion thing hit the goal already???
wow. i feel bad for all the users that got dragged into this unknowingly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff