+

+1 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 >

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Alright, for those of us who have been around for a long while I believe we can all ask..Where is the love Gaia? We have gone through some crazy stuff over the years.
Yes, you did give out, I believe, a few "we appreciate you" item a few years back:

Emblem of Cannon
User Image
Heart of Gold
User Image

But even these, we did have to donate money to Katrina, etc. Which I was absolutely fine with. I didn't donate because I wanted an item.

As well as one free Anniversary sash back in 2009.
User Image

I just feel like there used to be sooo much more love for your little Gaians!!! I love this community and always had fun on here over the years. But, being here for a long period of time, I am able to see the changes in the community feel as well as the Mod/User relationship that there used to be much more of.

Food for thought.

heart

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500

7,775 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I completely agree.

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Emo Jokette
I completely agree.

Thank YOU
so im not out of line or asking for a crazy gesture

7,775 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
michie-chan777
Emo Jokette
I completely agree.

Thank YOU

Of course not. The little free items were kinda neat. Now gaia is a boring money maker. Or at least it feels that way. I literally just logged on after a few inactive years, and this place is different... too different...

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Emo Jokette
michie-chan777
Emo Jokette
I completely agree.

Thank YOU

Of course not. The little free items were kinda neat. Now gaia is a boring money maker. Or at least it feels that way. I literally just logged on after a few inactive years, and this place is different... too different...

Yeah I was gone from around 2009-2012ish and gee-wiz!
People are so much more rude in forums, everything costs actual money,
you cannot work your way up, and the staff is M.I.A.
Whut....
I'm dyin over here!

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500

7,775 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
michie-chan777
Emo Jokette
michie-chan777
Emo Jokette
I completely agree.

Thank YOU

Yeah I was gone from around 2009-2012ish and gee-wiz!
People are so much more rude in forums, everything costs actual money,
you cannot work your way up, and the staff is M.I.A.
Whut....
I'm dyin over here!
Haha I feel ya. I miss when my avatar was worth gold. Now it's not worth anything.

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Emo Jokette

oh the humanity!
-dramatic-
but seriously.
word.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I'm pretty sure that the 'Heart of Gold' items was an event item.

Also we still get free items. You just have to know where to look. I just got 2 free PAWS items.

But I do agree for the most part. Gaia doesn't seem to care about the users anymore. All they care about is making money. I feel bad for the staff that does still care since they don't have any real control over the site anymore.

Edit: don't bump unless the thread has fallen off the first page.

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
phoebe-chan

Also we still get free items. You just have to know where to look. I just got 2 free PAWS items.

But I do agree for the most part. Gaia doesn't seem to care about the users anymore. All they care about is making money. I feel bad for the staff that does still care since they don't have any real control over the site anymore.

It may have been. It was forever ago.
And yes we do still get "free items" but not of the same quality at all.
Cool, a valentines day event item.. cool, some halloween event items.. Yes free.
But I'm talking about the random "we love you gaia community! here's some baller appreciation stuff!" items.
If they start making you pay for the holiday event items, I am so out of here, just out of principle.
Honestly I wouldn't put it past them to start pullin GC for "event items".

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
michie-chan777
phoebe-chan

It may have been. It was forever ago.
And yes we do still get "free items" but not of the same quality at all.
Cool, a valentines day event item.. cool, some halloween event items.. Yes free.
But I'm talking about the random "we love you gaia community! here's some baller appreciation stuff!" items.
If they start making you pay for the holiday event items, I am so out of here, just out of principle.
Honestly I wouldn't put it past them to start pullin GC for "event items".

Like I said we still get random free items. Here is a whole thread about the free items This is what I use to learn about the free items.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gaia made us pay for the holiday event items in one way or another. I mean the rule is "all new features must pay for themselves or they won't get made". I didn't do the last event because it was pretty much a pay to play kind of event. Now while I'm all for gold sinks I don't see the point in them if Gaia is going to keep releasing gold gens that just undo any thing the gold sink did.

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
phoebe-chan

Yes I have been to those forums with links to free items, and like I said, those are all fine and dandy, but it is not the same. They are not very special in any way and are basically equivalent to starter items. The items that I am referring to are the special "thank you" kind, marking significant events or milestones in your own, or Gaian, history. Such as anniversary items, or items marking your 5 years 10 years etc. with Gaia. You understand what i mean?

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
michie-chan777
phoebe-chan

Yes I have been to those forums with links to free items, and like I said, those are all fine and dandy, but it is not the same. They are not very special in any way and are basically equivalent to starter items. The items that I am referring to are the special "thank you" kind, marking significant events or milestones in your own, or Gaian, history. Such as anniversary items, or items marking your 5 years 10 years etc. with Gaia. You understand what i mean?

I guess. They seem to be pretty good to me but then again I'm just happy to get a free item at all. And we've gotten some really great free items like The Detectiving Consultant. But maybe I'm a little biased since I love BBC's Sherlock.

And I don't think Gaia gives out starter items like they used to anymore. From what I've heard newbies have to pick 1 of 3 outfits and that's all they get.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff