Mhm. 0.21951219512195 22.0% [ 9 ]
The n00bs had it coming. 0.48780487804878 48.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
< 1 2 3 >
Shrimp_Man
` B e l o v e d
Shrimp_Man
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I liked being able to join Silent rooms so I didn't have to worry about assholes that chat and spam up the chatbox while fishing or playing cards. Now I'm just going to have to make private rooms and I don't always feel like doing that, sometimes I feel like having other people around me. crying

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Exactly. This had better change. Or I'm making a petition.

Or at least give us the option to check something like "Silent" and it will ban chatting in the room or something like that.

Not even ban the chatting, just simply adds that word to your room name. They've already got something coded up, shouldn't be too hard to add this in.

( Hey check it. Constructive complaining! O: )

Beloved Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Encelaudus

I guess they're finally getting the message across that if you want to have a gay cyber three-some or met your next 'azn bff plz' then you take it to E-Harmony.

Still, it does sort of take out the creativity...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pretty much.

They should have made it so that certain words weren't allowed.
        And that they couldn't get away with it like instead of saying sex, they say s3xx or something.
        -_____-;;

Bucktoothed Demon

17,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Rabbit in Wonderland
Aww now Ill problally have to lock my room and play by myself gonk

I was thinking after I read your post, "Aww, Rabbit, you and me can team up and play by ourselves." But then I thought that sounded kinda dirty and totally against what the admins were trying to do with changing the names of the rooms. sweatdrop

Hmm. I don't play cards, but that really sucks. You're right, censoring some words would be better... but I guess there would be a way around the censor. sweatdrop In Gaia's games, I'd rather know what kind of room I'm walking into... xp
x Bender
Shrimp_Man

I liked being able to join Silent rooms so I didn't have to worry about assholes that chat and spam up the chatbox while fishing or playing cards. Now I'm just going to have to make private rooms and I don't always feel like doing that, sometimes I feel like having other people around me. crying

Me too most of the time. Now if I want to go in a room other people are in, there's probably gonna be people cybering, silent people, people getting mad if someone else isn't talking, etc.
yeah cos every room is JUST for CYBERZZZZ.

There is a report user feature. With this feature, there will be less reporting going on, so chances are mods will catch that faster.
Kiss in Digital
` B e l o v e d

That's exactly how I feel.

Have they even ******** looked at towns?
        They are the ones that got themselves in this mess. Now they condemn everyone else just because of n00bs.
They being who, the mods?

Exactly how else do you propose they moderate the game servers?

"Do not use these words in your title but we don't have enough staff, or have enough time to be sure you're not actually using these names so just because we said not to, doesn't mean you will be punished for doing it anyway." ... Doesn't quite seem to work.

Yeah it sucks but at least be CONSTRUCTIVE rather than throwing a hissy fit that belongs in your journal. rolleyes

QFE

Stole the words out of my mouth.
Well if you are so well known, world wide even then you should experience no problem with people who usually go to your *ahem* "specialized" room.

I very much whole heartedly agree with this move to stop the cyber slutbunnies on Gaia. I will gladly give up seeing "OMGZZ LOL COME RAPE ME NOW" rooms in place of user names. It is a welcome relief in fact.

Virtuous Healer

Chi-ta
It only takes one person (or a group) to screw it up for the rest of us.
Sad, but true. A little restraint could go a long way and their selfishness ruined for several. I liked using a mere letter when I create a room so people don't know I'm there at all. sad

I would suggest an anonymity feature if it is possible.

Bucktoothed Demon

17,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Kiss in Digital
Shrimp_Man
` B e l o v e d
Shrimp_Man

Exactly. This had better change. Or I'm making a petition.

Or at least give us the option to check something like "Silent" and it will ban chatting in the room or something like that.

Not enough ban the chatting, just simply adds that word to your room name. They've already got something coded up, shouldn't be too hard to add this in.

( Hey check it. Constructive complaining! O: )

Yeah, that idea's better than mine. sweatdrop I just get so annoyed by idiots in the games. Like two people that came into my fishing room that was clearly labeled that it was for the monthly user run fishing contest, and they started insulting one of the people in the room and just spamming the chat box.

Beloved Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kiss in Digital
` B e l o v e d

That's exactly how I feel.

Have they even ******** looked at towns?
        They are the ones that got themselves in this mess. Now they condemn everyone else just because of n00bs.
They being who, the mods?

Exactly how else do you propose they moderate the game servers?

"Do not use these words in your title but we don't have enough staff, or have enough time to be sure you're not actually using these names so just because we said not to, doesn't mean you will be punished for doing it anyway." ... Doesn't quite seem to work.

Yeah it sucks but at least be CONSTRUCTIVE rather than throwing a hissy fit that belongs in your journal. rolleyes

There are plenty of ways to Moderate a damn flash program, dear.

Actually - not even Moderate. Just block words like 'sex', '********' and 'd**k'.
        It's not that hard. I can understand if maybe I did come across as loosing my cool, but I really wasn't thinking that maybe this could change later on.
        They just need time to adjust the coding.

But I did not have a sissy fit. (: Bring your insults into someone elses idiotic threads.
It's not a big of a deal for me, so I'm not complaining. Besides, using titles to attract a certain type of users don't work anyways. The literate chat room always has n00bs in it, the gay/bi chat rooms hardly has actual gay/bi users in them. The only thing that might suck is that silent fishers can't label their rooms as silent fishing anymore.

Beloved Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Seven Deadlies
Well if you are so well known, world wide even then you should experience no problem with people who usually go to your *ahem* "specialized" room.

I very much whole heartedly agree with this move to stop the cyber slutbunnies on Gaia. I will gladly give up seeing "OMGZZ LOL COME RAPE ME NOW" rooms in place of user names. It is a welcome relief in fact.

I'm sorry that you can't catch obvious sarcasm? Christ almighty. xD

Don't get me wrong; I do in fact think that the whole "blocking out sex rooms" in cards is a big deal. But it's not right to create an option like that, and make it difficult for the other DECENT members of Gaia.
Oracle of Misfortune
User ImageI promise to depart just promise one thing

We'll just have to grin and bare it Love.
At least everytime you go to a game forum you won't see the word 'cyber' everywhere.

...kiss my eyes and lay me to sleepUser Image
they still will though, they will just be minlging with those who do not want to be near the cyberers
` B e l o v e d
The Seven Deadlies

I'm sorry that you can't catch obvious sarcasm? Christ almighty. xD

Don't get me wrong; I do in fact think that the whole "blocking out sex rooms" in cards is a big deal. But it's not right to create an option like that, and make it difficult for the other DECENT members of Gaia.
Oh you obviously did not catch my obvious sarcasm either then. But I still support this move by the admins and I hope they will not back off of it. Making silent rooms would be great however....

Beloved Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Pompetti
It's not a big of a deal for me, so I'm not complaining. Besides, using titles to attract a certain type of users don't work anyways. The literate chat room always has n00bs in it, the gay/bi chat rooms hardly has actual gay/bi users in them. The only thing that might suck is that silent fishers can't label their rooms as silent fishing anymore.

Well, it's a big deal to me that they have made this option like it is. It's way to drastic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games