Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
This release of Flynn's Booty was a kick in the face! I was so furious when I read the announcement. I've been pissed for a while, because my precious Agape eludes me! I've had my eye on it since it was under 2 mil. In less then a month it's tripled in price. I have enough to buy one agape at it's ridiculously inflated price. I've been sitting on my gold though and waiting for it to come down. And now it seems it's never going to happen. I just don't know what to do with my gold. emotion_facepalm

I guess I'll just sit on some more and watch it become more and more worthless. stressed

Beloved Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Jester Jingles
User ImageJester Indubitably Says...

does anybody remember foopets.com? because i left there because they wouldn't listen to their users, and then randomly went, "oh we'll give you fd free on this wheel, nope nevermind, we're taking it off" a week later. when i came back to gaia around that time, i was AMAZED they talked to us. it was.... awesome.

now the only person i see posting here is uncle kenny, who really doesn't know much about what the ceo is doing, or handling. and it's for damage control.

Your mentioning of damage control reminds me of that inappropriate survey that had gone out not too long ago.

Bloblike Blob

So it's my birthday today.
        The first things I see when I log in are the announcement that Flynn's Booty is back, and a message from P.U.G. wishing me a happy birthday, with an enclosed little crown. Talk about bittersweet.

Yes, I'm a member of Verge. It's more like a badge of shame, now.

Add me to the list. I didn't come here from TinierMe just to watch this ship go down too. And if this is the only thing I can do that can send Gaia a message that they're running things into the ground, then so be it. I'm not giving them another penny.

Tipsy Conversationalist

11,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Sinivar
Sure, I haven't spent here in a long time and don't intend to ever again.

I get that they're a business. I have no issues with them selling stuff. But I'm not going to use my dollars to tell them that shitty business practices are a-okay.

There's multiple methods to obtaining the almighty dollar, and I believe they've chosen the wrong path. I believe this is due to the new CEO who seems to have gained a reputation around attaching himself to places, pushing hard for sales that make him look good, then running off for another job before the long term effects of his methods reveal themselves.

The only winner here is him. My only regret are for the staff that are obligated to defend his actions and deal with the possible loss of their jobs due to him, while being completely aware that he has no ******** to give about their job security.

I've already been busily liquidating my inventory to buy art. May as well have something tangible to take away from this place before I mosey.
I will add you to the list.

Fashionable Millionaire

14,625 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Tanabata Wish

This is getting ridiculous. I mean, I was willing to let stuff go and have faith that they would somehow find a way to fix things. The release of 2003 MC recolors kind of gave me hope that things were finally headed back in the right direction. But after seeing Flynn's booty released again I just can't see a light at the end of the tunnel anymore. It's ridiculous. Add my name to your petition.
and here, have a quick banner I whipped out just for the hell of it link
User Image

Love Love LOOOOOOVE this banner. immediately going into my signature heart

Beloved Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
nefret2011

She's a lady.

Exactly! And since only one person wins the gold in Smashblox, that would turn into a gold sink as well.

Thank you.

And ladies shouldn't be messed with.

I didn't think of that either to be honest with it being that big of a gold sink since only one wins. Mostly because I played the free version of the game and boycotted spending GC on a game that appears to constantly break.

Bibliophile

Butterfly_kisses7
Jester Jingles

does anybody remember foopets.com? because i left there because they wouldn't listen to their users, and then randomly went, "oh we'll give you fd free on this wheel, nope nevermind, we're taking it off" a week later. when i came back to gaia around that time, i was AMAZED they talked to us. it was.... awesome.

now the only person i see posting here is uncle kenny, who really doesn't know much about what the ceo is doing, or handling. and it's for damage control.

Your mentioning of damage control reminds me of that inappropriate survey that had gone out not too long ago.

I'm still wondering what that survey was surprised I suddenly got the apology announcement but never understood what exactly happened. I got there was some survey with inappropriate content or questions, but inappropriate in what way? It might be my dirty mind but I immediately assumed sexual content

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
from love to pain
Calelith
from love to pain
Calelith
Don't complain when the site dies.
confused

Those that spend bc are helping keep this site alive.
At this rate, the site deserves to die if you ask me.
This is not the Gaia I signed up to be a part of years ago.
This is an out of control, money-hungry piece of crap that doesn't care about the people who can't afford to drop real money on this site.

Um what?

The site doesn't deserve to die just because they changed their business model and are trying to maintain a profit instead of just breaking even or going months without breaking even.

They've given us tons of things for free and ars still giving us things for free. Hell we just got THREE free item grants. We've had several FREE events and even a few spontaneous mini-events. We're also going to be getting a Halloween event and Christmas event from Uncle Kenny. We also have the inventory arranger 2.0 to look forward too. All for FREE. Oh and let's not forget the loyalty shop that will be released soon.

So please tell me where Gaia doesn't care about their none cash users?
Have you seen the MP lately? What are the rest of us who want nice items supposed to do?
Everyone's resorted to begging and constantly being bombarded with new items in the Cash Shop and Club Verge.

It's just not fun. What's the point in having a social site if it's not fun anymore for the majority of their users?
Even the games these days are starting to require GC for you to get those big rewards that everyone should be entitled too, not just those who can afford it.

The mp will eventually even back out, but it take time regardless if Gaia keeps pushing out Flynn's booty or not. It won't happen overnight nor will it happen in a few months. It takes time.

People have been begging for items since day one. They'll continue to beg too.

Why would the almighty dollar matter if this is a social site? You don't need the items on your avatars to be social. You don't need to play the games to be social. You just need to post be social and you don't have to pay to do that. You don't ever have to pay to enjoy this site to the fullest.

They need to be able to make back the moment put into the game or it will become another abandoned feature. No one wants that.

Ghost

yeah i saw sf blow up about that too. i saw the images and whatnot, and i think it was poor editing on gaia's part for letting that escape them... it's just been so strange this last year here on gaia. with folks getting fired (twice), all this gc, the messing up of the mp... i just don't know what to think anymore. i haven't bought gc in 2 years because i couldn't afford it, but i signed now because it's not likely to change what with how crazy things have gotten here in prices.

Butterfly_kisses7

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Butterfly_kisses7

I didn't think of that either to be honest with it being that big of a gold sink since only one wins. Mostly because I played the free version of the game and boycotted spending GC on a game that appears to constantly break.

She's a lady.

I enjoy the game itself. Not enough to pay money for it.
I would suggest another event like the pie event where you pay gold to further an NPC. It may suck at the time, but it would take a lot of gold out of the economy.

And ladies shouldn't be messed with.

Tipsy Conversationalist

11,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lady Mournhold
Go on and add me to the list as well..i wish i could have faith again but i can't. not until things like flynn's booty ends.

I dont mind the other sales, even with their high prices, but this is wrong. Pure and simple.

gaia_crown I, Lady Mournhold, Refuse to buy Gaia Cash Anymore gaia_crown
Thank you. I'll add you to the list.

Benevolent Shapeshifter

14,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
x3rubiachica3x
This release of Flynn's Booty was a kick in the face! I was so furious when I read the announcement. I've been pissed for a while, because my precious Agape eludes me! I've had my eye on it since it was under 2 mil. In less then a month it's tripled in price. I have enough to buy one agape at it's ridiculously inflated price. I've been sitting on my gold though and waiting for it to come down. And now it seems it's never going to happen. I just don't know what to do with my gold. emotion_facepalm

I guess I'll just sit on some more and watch it become more and more worthless. stressed

I've honestly stopped going out of my way to gather gold. I do the puzzles and I chat... everything else seems.... blah. Since I don't have the real money to put into getting everything else. I used to but the donation letters every month but.. it seems pointless now. and omg when did the agape do that? I have been avoiding the MP.

Confident Genius

TasteChaos
Butterfly_kisses7
Jester Jingles

I'm still wondering what that survey was surprised I suddenly got the apology announcement but never understood what exactly happened. I got there was some survey with inappropriate content or questions, but inappropriate in what way? It might be my dirty mind but I immediately assumed sexual content
It had a bunch of artwork of catwoman in it taken from different sources without crediting them and there was a body size chart of real people, wherein a normal sized girl was referred to as 'chubby' and a larger girl was called 'whale'. The male chart wasn't much better with all the thin to normal options practically all being the bodies of models and the largest man was called 'fat as fatass'.

It ruffled a lot of feathers and even caused some real harm to people working through eating disorders.

Tipsy Conversationalist

11,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Toxe-sama
      Add me to the list. Tired of the inflation being caused by Gaia and tired of all the flash sales, no more GC for me. I also have adblocker installed.

Also ha, white knights on the first page. Looks like to some, Gaia can still do no wrong.
You've been added.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm turning off my Auto cash next month (It's my last little treat before I wash my hands of it).

If you'll have me I'll sign.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces