• Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
Forget spending after Gaia fixes the bull turd hole they got the community into, I still see no reason to spend a single cent. They released a chance item that grants gold as well as items, as if to say "it's fine." Uh, no it's not. It takes a gamer to know a dead game when they see it and I've played many games, both from big names like Blizzard and small names like Nexon. Gaia Online, I advise you quit releasing so many items...it makes you look and sound like idiots. You've hyper inflated the Marketplace so badly, that beginners are grossed out by your greed. There's no shame in closing a game you don't have money to run, rather than forcing your players to pay so much. After all, this is supposed to be a website based solely on communication between users, NOT avatar creation. If you're out of ideas on how to run Gaia Online, then take a look at LINE Play and your competitors. emotion_facepalm I don't even want to be logged on to see your excuses and ignorance.

Lupine Assailant

8,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Even the friggen event uses Gaia Cash mainly... Am I more than just a dollar sign? Because I feel they're turning my empty pockets, trying for a couple pennies.
Oh, and could you add the point "More, better reward from the sponsored offers"?

Lucky Muse

13,275 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Aged Lunatic

+1 for this topic, though I'm of the opinion that they'll never really be able to completely get rid of Gaia Cash. A site of this scale and at it's costs needs some level of premium features, they do need to really rework it some though, agreed completely.

With that said though, unfortunately this topic linked in the main post sadly is no longer up, seems they deleted it.

Also I'd like to put emphasis on this quote;
Quote:
Send Gaia your direct feedback. Thanks Flux for finding the thread where this can be found.
siskataya
Hey everyone!

I was directed to this thread so I could provide you with a bit of clarification on the proper email and mailing address to use when sending us messages via these means. We want to make sure you have the correct info:

a) If you want to send us an email to let us know how you are feeling about Gaia, you should send it to usertalk@gaiaonline.com Spamming up personal business emails is not cool, and some of the emails posted before aren't even in use anymore so I imagine it would be doubly frustrating for you if you were to send an email to a defunct address!

b) Also, if you want to mail us a letter, we have a PO box to which you can send your mail. the mailing address is: PO box address is: PO Box 612680, San Jose, CA 95161-2680

Hope this is informative!
Sisky

This is really where most of you should be submitting your opinions and suggestions. The people who are really behind the decisions of GC I would be really surprised if they ever come to this forum, and it's a drag on moderators/staff trying to relay these to them. So try shooting up that email or even mail that PO Box (the former would probably be better). Let them really see the impact of users at large through that.

Eloquent Conversationalist

I've never had any need to pay any money on this site since I started in 2008. I refuse to now, even when inflation is rising off the charts.

Writer

It's worse than we could ever have imagined... our KiKi kitty plushies are plotting against us. Oh, for humanity! gonk

Lupine Assailant

8,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Quote:
+1 for this topic, though I'm of the opinion that they'll never really be able to completely get rid of Gaia Cash.

That's not the point. What our idea is that there's too much special treatment for those who regularly donate.
I mean, really. Check the announcements. 80% of them are La Victoire items, 19.5% of them are premium items that come with GC buying/spending, and the rest (0.5%) are actually RELEVANT to non-donators.

iArrgRainbows's Honey Bun

Synapt
+1 for this topic, though I'm of the opinion that they'll never really be able to completely get rid of Gaia Cash. A site of this scale and at it's costs needs some level of premium features, they do need to really rework it some though, agreed completely.

With that said though, unfortunately this topic linked in the main post sadly is no longer up, seems they deleted it.

Also I'd like to put emphasis on this quote;
Quote:
Send Gaia your direct feedback. Thanks Flux for finding the thread where this can be found.
siskataya
Hey everyone!

I was directed to this thread so I could provide you with a bit of clarification on the proper email and mailing address to use when sending us messages via these means. We want to make sure you have the correct info:

a) If you want to send us an email to let us know how you are feeling about Gaia, you should send it to usertalk@gaiaonline.com Spamming up personal business emails is not cool, and some of the emails posted before aren't even in use anymore so I imagine it would be doubly frustrating for you if you were to send an email to a defunct address!

b) Also, if you want to mail us a letter, we have a PO box to which you can send your mail. the mailing address is: PO box address is: PO Box 612680, San Jose, CA 95161-2680

Hope this is informative!
Sisky

This is really where most of you should be submitting your opinions and suggestions. The people who are really behind the decisions of GC I would be really surprised if they ever come to this forum, and it's a drag on moderators/staff trying to relay these to them. So try shooting up that email or even mail that PO Box (the former would probably be better). Let them really see the impact of users at large through that.
I'd just like to point out there's an entire thread in the GCD talking about usertalk@gaiaonline.com. From what I'd seen, many people had sent their responses time and again, and they went unheard.

In the last AtS, I believe I saw a post about how several staff look at this Site Feedback forum daily, so I should expect that this thread has had more visibility than most of those emails. Whether or not the staff is going to do anything about it is a different matter.

Aged Lunatic

Kagemaru_Underling
Quote:
+1 for this topic, though I'm of the opinion that they'll never really be able to completely get rid of Gaia Cash.

That's not the point. What our idea is that there's too much special treatment for those who regularly donate.
I mean, really. Check the announcements. 80% of them are La Victoire items, 19.5% of them are premium items that come with GC buying/spending, and the rest (0.5%) are actually RELEVANT to non-donators.

Yeah I actually just realized this last night. I normally never bother with the announcements notifications but I cleared them out yesterday morning just to get rid of the "Hey I've got" box, then by the end of the night I had like 6 or 7 new announcements which were all GC related, I was kinda like "lol really?" Meanwhile apparently since last night there've been yet another three o_O

Najanko
I'd just like to point out there's an entire thread in the GCD talking about usertalk@gaiaonline.com. From what I'd seen, many people had sent their responses time and again, and they went unheard.

In the last AtS, I believe I saw a post about how several staff look at this Site Feedback forum daily, so I should expect that this thread has had more visibility than most of those emails. Whether or not the staff is going to do anything about it is a different matter.

Real question is which staff look through this forum daily. In my experience in the past while plenty of staff (I'm counting everyone from forum moderators up) do talk here and usually even relay information (such as Siska), I would be surprised if many, if any, of the actual chair people who make decisions on GC actively visit the forums whatsoever, and I doubt many of the staff really actively relay the specific details and opinions of everything going on in this forum, or even a single topic. Many of the staff have a lot more to lose than us (their jobs potentially), so they're likely a lot more reserved about just what and how much they relay through to the actual decision makers.

Which was all the point for more people to send to that email, or I would think best, postal mail. Postal mail would likely have a far higher impact if tons of it started arriving with the rest of their mail. Hard to ignore fan mail (so to call it) mixed in with all their regular mail, where as email can be pretty easily filtered.

When people don't like things a TV studio does, they bombard with fan mail voicing their opinions, and sometimes they actually get things done. Never heard of a story where going on an official site/forum for a TV show though ever got a real response razz

Synapt
Najanko

Real question is which staff look through this forum daily. In my experience in the past while plenty of staff (I'm counting everyone from forum moderators up) do talk here and usually even relay information (such as Siska), I would be surprised if many, if any, of the actual chair people who make decisions on GC actively visit the forums whatsoever, and I doubt many of the staff really actively relay the specific details and opinions of everything going on in this forum, or even a single topic. Many of the staff have a lot more to lose than us (their jobs potentially), so they're likely a lot more reserved about just what and how much they relay through to the actual decision makers.

Which was all the point for more people to send to that email, or I would think best, postal mail. Postal mail would likely have a far higher impact if tons of it started arriving with the rest of their mail. Hard to ignore fan mail (so to call it) mixed in with all their regular mail, where as email can be pretty easily filtered.

When people don't like things a TV studio does, they bombard with fan mail voicing their opinions, and sometimes they actually get things done. Never heard of a story where going on an official site/forum for a TV show though ever got a real response razz

You do have a good point. I'm really not sure. I kind of assume at the most, that the ones who showed up to the AtS were the ones looking at the forums. Probably not much more than that.

It really seems like bullshit to me though. This is a set of forums. Why do we need to take our communication to a more privatized space to talk about a sitewide issue? I understand your reasoning for postal mail, I could see that being at least slightly more effective than the usertalk email. As a Supernatural fan though, I'm rather bitter about that. Sometimes the executives don't listen at all, no response, no answers, nothing but more bullshit.

While I would prefer that the users and staff and whoever else works at Gaia would actually talk to us in the forums about the state of this website, it would be interesting to try going for a postal mail campaign to see if there's a way to get their attention that we aren't happy with what's going on around here.

Aged Lunatic

Najanko
You do have a good point. I'm really not sure. I kind of assume at the most, that the ones who showed up to the AtS were the ones looking at the forums. Probably not much more than that.

It really seems like bullshit to me though. This is a set of forums. Why do we need to take our communication to a more privatized space to talk about a sitewide issue? I understand your reasoning for postal mail, I could see that being at least slightly more effective than the usertalk email. As a Supernatural fan though, I'm rather bitter about that. Sometimes the executives don't listen at all, no response, no answers, nothing but more bullshit.

While I would prefer that the users and staff and whoever else works at Gaia would actually talk to us in the forums about the state of this website, it would be interesting to try going for a postal mail campaign to see if there's a way to get their attention.

Indeed, and I agree. Even I miss the days when Lanzer and crew would actually interact with the user base, though I admit back then there were far far less users and a lot less general drama/controversy/etc.

But what's weird to me is, for a while I noticed in my one random return to the site some time back, they had some PR people who used to interact with users as well, but now even that seems to largely be non-existent.

But yeah, I say people just need to send in tons of postal mail, either that or someone needs to find a staff member (an actual in-office staff/administrator) who will willingly print out every GC oriented email from that address and hand it to the board of directors or such in a giant box razz

Synapt

Indeed, and I agree. Even I miss the days when Lanzer and crew would actually interact with the user base, though I admit back then there were far far less users and a lot less general drama/controversy/etc.

But what's weird to me is, for a while I noticed in my one random return to the site some time back, they had some PR people who used to interact with users as well, but now even that seems to largely be non-existent.

But yeah, I say people just need to send in tons of postal mail, either that or someone needs to find a staff member (an actual in-office staff/administrator) who will willingly print out every GC oriented email from that address and hand it to the board of directors or such in a giant box razz

I might have missed the bit about PR people coming in, since I went on a hiatus, but I do remember people like Lanzer and Fleep talking to the community more openly. I think there was the summer even with the water balloons, it had its issues, and I really felt they handled it better back then letting us know what was going on with the glitches than they are right now with this Halloween event. As for their being less users, I feel like there are less users now. I also know we had major botting issues, probably more mules, as well, but there used to be way more users online at once before than there are now. I don't feel this is a good excuse for not talking to us, or even listening to us. I thought things would change with the AtS, but I haven't been impressed with them so far.

The drama though, the drama now is pretty intense. We didn't have issues like 1337gate or whatever. Ox

I think something like that would certainly need coordination and a good sense of direction about what we want to communicate to the staff specifically. There's plenty of threads like this one that sort of like, outline our complaints. So it'd be a matter of actively trying to get other Gaians to participate in letters like that.

Aged Lunatic

Najanko
I might have missed the bit about PR people coming in, since I went on a hiatus, but I do remember people like Lanzer and Fleep talking to the community more openly. I think there was the summer even with the water balloons, it had its issues, and I really felt they handled it better back then letting us know what was going on with the glitches than they are right now with this Halloween event. As for their being less users, I feel like there are less users now. I also know we had major botting issues, probably more mules, as well, but there used to be way more users online at once before than there are now. I don't feel this is a good excuse for not talking to us, or even listening to us. I thought things would change with the AtS, but I haven't been impressed with them so far.

The drama though, the drama now is pretty intense. We didn't have issues like 1337gate or whatever. Ox

I think something like that would certainly need coordination and a good sense of direction about what we want to communicate to the staff specifically. There's plenty of threads like this one that sort of like, outline our complaints. So it'd be a matter of actively trying to get other Gaians to participate in letters like that.

By PR I'm talking probably 4-5 years ago if not longer (when I was still pretty heavily active on the site myself), I don't remember their name exactly but they were flagged as one of the administrators as I recall but they mostly handled public relations with users by just replying to the more popular issues and what not, and actually seemed to be a middle individual between users and administration (kinda like how Jakobo used to be waaaaaaaaaay back in the day and Siska was/still is to an extent occasionally).

But yeah, all in all there have been many many times over the years where Gaia did stuff and everyone figured it was gonna kill off the site and stuff, but the site is still here, so who knows, they still have a chance to recover, it'd just be nice of they did acknowledge to some extent all the opinions as there definitely are plenty of them it seems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff