Welcome to Gaia! ::

jackienoire's Subordinate

Desirable Phantom

x3rubiachica3x
What's the point of this guy:

User Image

If you are still going to announce the GC sale? [x]
We see him, we get a sale is going on, we don't need anymore spam.. mad

It's just basic marketing. It's the whole thing where 'you know it's going on, you're choosing to ignore it, but it's subconsciously sitting there reminding you that it's on sale. and maybe one of those times you'll give in and do it.
i'd like to not be bombarded by sales and stuff.
but he's so cute i want him to stay UwU

Profitable Lover

9,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
So it seems that people still are buying cash and gold generators cause gaia it's not ******** listening so we need another strategy.

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
Joeguardian
So it seems that people still are buying cash and gold generators cause gaia it's not ******** listening so we need another strategy.

It could also be that people are buying less and Gaia feels it needs to increase/maintain its Cash sales, and thus are pushing more promos.

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
We should change this to

We're the 99%, not the 99 GC.

Fashionable Star

I've been on Gaia for 10 years...and one of my favorite things was roaming the marketplace for the sheer endless choice of avatar items. I can still remember when I made my first 5 million gold by auctioning off an art commission. Gaia grew and so did it's apetite for our $$$...first the monthly items...then one by one cash shops came...and the rest, as they say, is history.

Let me tell you WHY Gaiaonline is doing this - it is because Gaiaonline is literally DYING:
Despite it's growth during the past decade, Gaia has been losing popularity and this has caused the owners of Gaiaonline to cause this inflation in order to demand more gold from it's rapidly declining user-base to finance the maintenance costs of the site itself as well as the lavish lifestyle of it's owners and the expectations of it's investors. They are....beating the dead horse and milking it's blood...

User Image

Due to backwards compatibility, the Gaiaonline website, which was based on a PHP bulletin board script from 2003, has missed out on several big changes, including but not limited to screen responsiveness (the ability of a website's design to adapt to mobile device screens) website design and others. This has somewhat been solved by the Gaiaonline mobile app but not completely.

The graphics are tiny (and cute) are just outdated and can hardly keep up with new similar avatar communites, let alone the sheer number of incredible free online games that have been coming out. The new avatar items that keep coming out and that are worth having are mostly, if not all, cash shop items...and seriously overpriced at that...however~ if you're an experienced trader, you will know how to turn it around in the marketplace.
Be that as it may, it's a fact that Gaiaonline used to have 50k+ users online at one time, now it's less than half...

In general, I would love to see Gaiaonline reborn with all the available items remade in quality 2D or 3D HD graphics, the website and all it's features revamped, quality free content alongside reasonably priced payable content and with the old useless moneygrabbing stuff removed, but this may not be the plan of Gaia's current owners.
I haven't been visiting Gaiaonline recently and I was shocked to see the incredible inflation take over, rendering most of the new items unattainable without spending ridiculous amounts of $$$. This is from one point of view actually severe mistreatment of loyal customers and may ultimately lead to Gaia's downfall as it's economy has been destabilized beyond recognition.

crying crying crying

My *butthurt* advice to Gaiaonline:
It is unwise to piss off your old user-base when the only thing keeping Gaia alive at the moment is it's long term community, especially in the face of the fact that there are plenty of alternatives.
I have much love for Gaiaonline and also a lot of time invested in it, but if they plan on just driving this website down the cliff...I may as-well spend my money elsewhere. Lately I've been buying real life fashion dolls like Monster High and Bratzillaz, they're just $10-$15 bucks and you get a whole outfit with each doll, not to mention you can actually earn money making custom dolls. It's much more rewarding than spending cash on virtual items on a site that is inevitably going downhill.

heart heart heart

It's not ALL bad.
There is an upside to the while marketplace trashing in that the old elitist structure has been somewhat destroyed in that many items that have once been unreachable because of their inflated prices are now once again in circulation. In fact, it might just have been the adrenalin boost Gaia needed since I can't remember a time where there have been more beautiful lavishly dressed and stylish avatars...however, most of them came with a real life price...that's not so bad if you, like me, have been here for so long and now probably have a job and a credit card and all the other wonderful perks of being an adult *sigh* so spending a weekend on Gaiaonline instead of getting shitfaced in a bar might actually be less expensive. All in all, it's not that much different from the old Gaiaonline, only that there are more zeroes in the marketplace.

Savage Strawberry

User Image

So many memories cry

Girl-Crazy Fairy

10,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
          I sign this.

In fact, I sign this like 20 times.

Please put me down for ONE THOUSAND signatures. Thank you.

Dr Serious's Stud

OG Smoker

Thank you.
Thank you for making this.
I miss the good times, and I want them to come back..

Friendly Gatekeeper

11,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Never spent a dime on GC never will

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Gaia is now just boring. I would never buy GC on this site. EVER. It's a waste of real money on some crappy virtual items.

Noob

10,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Hizou_Chan
Gaia is now just boring. I would never buy GC on this site. EVER. It's a waste of real money on some crappy virtual items.

i know right crying

Shameless Fatcat

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
This is going on in so many games, it's not even surprising anymore.

I know this isn't exactly the same and someone is probably going to start an argument, but I was a long time, returning user of Webkinz and had bought MANY of those plushies that still occupy space in my room. I knew it wouldn't expire for a long time, but even before it did (and, oh it did) they started adding games and clubhouses that only users who PAYED MORE REAL-LIFE MONEY could access. After we bought expensive plushies that allowed us to access the website we have to pay more to get a full experience? I don't think so. I didn't care at the time, though, I was a kid, but when I came back (either this year or the year before) I noticed my Webkinz had all expired, meaning I haven't bought one in a year. (And I don't plan to.) I only noticed because when I went to play one of my favorite games as a kid, I couldn't. I have even less choices for games.

Another chat-based game, IMVU, already separates VIP and Access Pass people from the free users and even then everything is already so damn expensive. Not only that, but if you use their promo credits to buy something, the people who made the item don't get ANYTHING for it. It's really such a bad business over there sucking people's money right out of their pockets and advertising in your mailbox (and on the website) daily.
So I understand Gaia needs money to keep this website running, but advertising in your users faces every day does nothing but drive us, new and returning users, away.

Fashionable Star

Stigiophobia

I know this isn't exactly the same and someone is probably going to start an argument, but I was a long time, returning user of Webkinz and had bought MANY of those plushies that still occupy space in my room. I knew it wouldn't expire for a long time, but even before it did (and, oh it did) they started adding games and clubhouses that only users who PAYED MORE REAL-LIFE MONEY could access. After we bought expensive plushies that allowed us to access the website we have to pay more to get a full experience? I don't think so. I didn't care at the time, though, I was a kid, but when I came back (either this year or the year before) I noticed my Webkinz had all expired, meaning I haven't bought one in a year. (And I don't plan to.) I only noticed because when I went to play one of my favorite games as a kid, I couldn't. I have even less choices for games.

Another chat-based game, IMVU, already separates VIP and Access Pass people from the free users and even then everything is already so damn expensive. Not only that, but if you use their promo credits to buy something, the people who made the item don't get ANYTHING for it. It's really such a bad business over there sucking people's money right out of their pockets and advertising in your mailbox (and on the website) daily.
So I understand Gaia needs money to keep this website running, but advertising in your users faces every day does nothing but drive us, new and returning users, away.

LOL That's funny, I am an IMVU content creator (anyone can join their content creator program) and I have made lots (200+) of items for IMVU back when they started out and I am actually still earning modest amounts of money from the sale of these items ($15 month without doing anything)....most of which I spent on other online games...

I wish Gaia would just invest in recreating the whole existing Gaiaonline world and alllll the avatar items in an interactive real 3D anime environment, this would bring them to the top 10 social MMO games 10000%

Shameless Fatcat

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
AngeliQ
Stigiophobia

LOL That's funny, I am an IMVU content creator (anyone can join their content creator program) and I have made lots (200+) of items for IMVU back when they started out and I am actually still earning modest amounts of money from the sale of these items ($15 month without doing anything)....most of which I spent on other online games...

I wish Gaia would just invest in recreating the whole existing Gaiaonline world and alllll the avatar items in an interactive real 3D anime environment, this would bring them to the top 10 social MMO games 10000%

I've always wanted to learn how to create stuff and then become a creator on IMVU, but I thought you have to have VIP or something?

Eloquent Vampire

15,375 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Terry Chocolate-Twist
I always wanted to quest a Runcible Spoon; it's such a pretty item but was pretty un-attainable for me in the first place and now it's just...even more stupidly un-attainable than before. I never bought GC in the first place and I don't plan to start now.
Add me to the list, people.

Gosh I remember buying it back when it was only around 300k. Now because of the marketplace inflation it is so ridiculously high I have no hopes of ever getting another one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff