Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Explorer

And here I thought site traffic was decIining...
According to the bottom of the main forum page, the new record for most users ever onIine is 532,396 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:40 am. THAT'S 100% IMPOSSIBLE surprised

Newbie Noob

18,600 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Battery 500
I added this thread to my signature!
[EDIT:] Awh rawtch, it's full. neutral
ninja I'm in.

Shy Strategist

16,450 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
I sign with this petition ~
Honestly, I just which they decrease releasing item/gold generators~!
because it inflates everything..i am just concern about the new people here.. 3nodding

Magic Supporter

Damn, I sure hope Gaia will be saved in the end, because if you get to the bottom of it, it is still a pretty rad site, and I've yet to find one that raises my interest. .__.

8,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I've already decided to do this. I like Gaia, but I don't know what's happening neutral I don't want to invest until I know what's going on.

Demonic Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I was away from Gaia for a while and when I came back it was all GC everywhere, all the time.
I mean, I was here when they released GC, I was here when they started the cash store and the EIs etc etc and it was mildly annoying me but OK, I realise it's a business and it needs money and profit.
And anyway, these days the GC items weren't coming at me from every angle and most of them were in decent prices and I could take the decision to spend a few dollars for a particularly cool looking item if I really wanted it.

But now it's 50 million notifications per day about GC item releases, GC 'sales' and just, I go to sleep, I wake up, there's 10 notifications and 9 of them are about that. It sickens me.

Not only that but, the GC items are released so often and are so expensive that it doesn't even cross my mind to try for them. They don't even tempt me anymore, I simply don't register them in my head at all.
First of all, if you release as many items as often as they do, even if they were gold store items, you don't give people the time to see them around, contemplate whether they want to spend gold/cash on them or not, be tempted for a couple of days and give in.
I'll see a cool item announcement and then next day I'll have forgotten about it cause several more were released.

I wonder how on earth is this actually working for them and I guess it is working since they're still doing it. But for me, the more you release and the more frequently you release, the less I'm likely to care.

I used to be really fond of this site and I'd spent hours upon hours in here from 2004 till 2010 or so and then I'd frequently lose interest and come back every couple of months.
Now I just log in, do the daily chance and just kinda browse around if there's nothing else to do.

What attracted me the most was the avatars and the cool items and tbh I liked that you had to interact with the site in order to save gold to get these items and I liked that interacting with the site did not just focus on forcing you to talk t o people but there was also polling, puzzles, games and so on and so forth.
But now, well, there are so many GC items and the inflation is so outrageous that actually interacting, playing the games, making the effort to be [art of the community is simply useless. If you want an item, then you just halve to fork off real money to buy it off of the cash store or to even buy enough gold to buy it.
And then that's it. I'll buy the item but I still won't have any incentive to post in the forums and interact with people and flaunt my avatar so....what's the point?

I mean, I still have a vague fondness for Gaia and I don't want to see the site go down but hell, they're making it really hard for people to still like it as much as they used to. (well, some people. I don't want to speak for everyone.)

Dapper Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
The only actual reason I get on here anymore is for friends and roleplaying - and even then only one or two friends still get on. Gaia used to be so much fun - saving up for that item you wanted, having that possibility of making your dream avi, feeling fun and social in the forums. I did accomplish a dream avi a few times and venture in the forums. But prices keep rising on certain items and more and more ads keep showing up. I never achieved anything over 1 million gold at the time (between my first and third year).

I left Gaia for a little while, almost a year or so. Then came back to a bunch of new Gaia cash stuff. I was getting sick of seeing them flaunting this "pay for this and that!" in my face. The EIs intrigued me back in the day and I got some - a few by my own effort and others as gifts. Then I left Gaia again.

Coming back, I realize how badly inflation has hit. I received some items for free back in the day only to find them valued in the marketplace for 4 million gold. How did that even happen? How does an item for 149GC back in the day end up at over 100 million?? I'm sick and tired of this. Anything that remotely seems cute or cool is out of my budget at a mere 2 million gold. I used to think that was a fortune. Now I'm seeing giveaways for 1 Billion Gold in forums like it's nothing!

I want Gaia to wake up. I've been on here for a little over 5 years and almost all of my friends have left. Gaia has been continuing to push away their connections with members and pulling at their wallets instead.

I sign this whole-heartedly and will hence forth never buy GC. I'm done feeding them money they don't deserve.

This may be a business, but part of a business is keeping customers happy. If you fail to do that, you lose them. Without customers, you won't make money. I don't want to see Gaia fall to the graveyards of the Internet like Myspace but honestly, if this keeps up, it may happen sooner than we think.

Shadowy Phantom

Ugh I'm an idiot and accidentally clicked </3 instead of <3.

I agree wholeheartedly with this thread and particularly Yoshiki-san's post.

At this point I rapidly click through all the announcements because I'm so tired of all the GC announcements, and I wonder how many real announcements I've missed. I suspect I haven't missed any.

I do not buy or sell items in the Marketplace because I disagree with Gaia's policy regarding the inflation. I do not buy GCash items because Gaia has been consistently unpleasant in how it presents them. I am all for supporting websites I like, but Gaia's lack of transparency is disgusting, and I cannot support a website that so readily goes back on its promises (regarding inflation and the prices of GC items) just to make a quick buck, especially if they won't even explain what the money is for.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

I haven't bought GC for over 5 years now, and I'm still unsure as to why I log in every so often--recently I have logged on almost everyday, but for brief moments.

I miss how Gaia used to be..without the dozens of pointless announcements [towards me]. Sign me up, please.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
emotion_facepalm

I left for half a year and I come back to this nonsense. What is Gaia DOING? Suicide?? emotion_donotwant

5,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Browsing the marketplace for some reason or another. What the actual hell..

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ianthena
Browsing the marketplace for some reason or another. What the actual hell..
User Image

Shadowy Rogue

I think Ive been on this thread before... Not sure if I signed or not ether. Yet, Ive been bumping this idea in my head for awhile~ Maybe a few days of wearing the oldle golden shop items for fun?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff