Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Backstory
I noticed that my AutoCash didn't arrive about four ( 4 ) days after it should have. I checked my bank statement and noticed no transaction was made. The transactions that I did during the date when my AutoCash should have cleared were still being processed.

I visited the AutoCash page. Everything seemed normal, except it claimed that the next payment was going to be taken out four ( 4 ) days prior to when I checked the page. Something was wrong.

I went to update my payment info. I was met with an Error claiming it had issues communicating with PlaySpan. At this point, the AutoCash page treated it as if I cancelled my subscription. I attempted to sign back up, but kept meeting the same communication error.

I filled out a ticket with Customer Support explaining the situation.

In the meantime, I purchased some Gaia Cash that was on sale to test if the problem was related to a PayPal update. The purchased cleared with no problem.

Today, I received an e-mail from Customer Support saying it's my bank's fault. Customer Support claims the bank declined the PayPal purchase.

Feedback
This is not my bank's fault. They know that I have a monthly subscription as part of my regular financial activity. They know I use PayPal for most of these subscriptions. Neither company, my bank or PayPal, has had a problem before now with Gaia or PlaySpan.

I think passing the blame is not a good form of Customer Support, especially when I explain in my Support Ticket that I got an error from PlaySpan when I went to check if my payment info was up to date. And I'm not the only one that experienced this same bug this month. The error was with communicating with PlaySpan, and I don't feel that issue was addressed until the new $100/month subscription was announced. It is as if nobody talked to PlaySpan's IT to find out why there was a communication error with the AutoCash service to begin with.

It's way too early in the morning to deal with something so lazy, and this was not the kind of Customer Support I was expecting for someone who has helped fund the site and kept the lights on since AutoCash was introduced.

I like to think of myself as a very forgiving person, and, for now, I've signed back up to continue to fund the site. I am just very disappointed in the nature with which this problem was handled.

Undead Enchantress

That sucks. Things break when they do these updates. Very annoying.

And it has nothing to do with this announcement, though?

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Erynne
And it has nothing to do with this announcement, though?

See, I did that when that announcement was first posted, and my subscription was still treated as "canceled" or "expired!" I've been an AutoCash subscriber for at least 3 years, and this is the first time I followed the update instructions only to have my subscription cancelled from underneath me!

Oh, and I got another update from Customer Service. They claim that they did contact PlaySpan and whenever the error that I encountered pops up, that means the bank is at fault, either for security or lack of funds. I know it's not security because, like I said, MY BANK KNOWS ABOUT THIS SUBSCRIPTION. And lack of funds? It's $10!! I'm required to keep 10x that amount in my checking account MINIMUM just to hold an account!

Looks like they are still passing the blame, but either way, this won't get settled until I talk to my bank. Customer Service clearly doesn't want to deal with me. cheese_whine dramallama wahmbulance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff