Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Bookworm

SuccuViv
Literatic
Cause they're meant to be LQIs.
Meaning, limited quantity. When they release an almost identical recolour a few days or
weeks later, it's kind of wrong, cause the people who paid for a LQI expected it to be limited
quantity but it's not.
The version you have is limited, they didn't release the exact same item, they released another color of it x ox; I personally like off white & off black and black 6 white, I'll be very sad and upset if they suddently stop because some people can't see there's a difference D: and there is.

They never sold any of you guys a limited item "that will not have recolors", they just sold you a limited item and it's still limited, the original and the new one are different, if you can't see it then I guess that's too bad D: several others can.

Oh no, I know it's a recolour and not the same item, but it feels kinda like it's a sneaky way to basically
re-release the same item cause it's such a good seller. emotion_facepalm I didn't buy this from CS though,
I bought it from the Exchange, but I still feel it's unfair. I can see the difference but it's so slight and
it brings their motives into question for me. If it was about giving people more colour options for avatars,
that's absolutely fine, but given the way things have been lately, I feel like it's just another ploy to get
more money.

Feline Bookworm

pee on mee
Literatic
pee on mee
Literatic
I agree, just another way to make more money off basically the same item.
When I try the new one on in the CS I can only barely see a difference.
I wouldn't know the difference if I didn't see the change in front of my eyes.

whats wrong with that...?

Meaning, limited quantity. When they release an almost identical recolour a few days or
weeks later, it's kind of wrong, cause the people who paid for a LQI expected it to be limited
quantity but it's not.

we are talking about similar items being sold not the same item.

Yep, I know that. See above post. ^^

Dangerous Hellraiser

11,350 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Hellraiser 500
It looks almost the exact same as Nom Nom Rawr.. Except with slight brownish hue.. What a waste of time to both create the item, and for anyone to quest it.
They should've made it purple, or red, or for once in their life, a decent non-pastel green!
Literatic
SuccuViv
Literatic
quantity but it's not.
The version you have is limited, they didn't release the exact same item, they released another color of it x ox; I personally like off white & off black and black 6 white, I'll be very sad and upset if they suddently stop because some people can't see there's a difference D: and there is.

They never sold any of you guys a limited item "that will not have recolors", they just sold you a limited item and it's still limited, the original and the new one are different, if you can't see it then I guess that's too bad D: several others can.

Oh no, I know it's a recolour and not the same item, but it feels kinda like it's a sneaky way to basically
re-release the same item cause it's such a good seller. emotion_facepalm I didn't buy this from CS though,
I bought it from the Exchange, but I still feel it's unfair. I can see the difference but it's so slight and
it brings their motives into question for me. If it was about giving people more colour options for avatars,
that's absolutely fine, but given the way things have been lately, I feel like it's just another ploy to get
more money.

name one company that wouldn't do that...
are you honestly saying that its bad to reuse an idea that worked for them?
the item they bought is still limited quality, there are differences in the two items.

Demonic Lover

Literatic
more money.
I don't see why it can't be both, it's obvious they are after money, but they have to give us what we want in order to make money XD so they are giving people what they want and they are making money.

It's just, some people don't realize, but for example this avi I have now?, with Bleak Baroness, Maid For You, My Lovely Byul?, if you use black next to any of those the difference becomes too much and it really breaks the avi in my opinion XD so I love having black and off black versions of stuff C: you might not notice but try putting the close-but-not-really color next to the "real thing" and you'll see they don't go together XD at least not for me. So I love to have different versions even if they are close in color.

Ice-Cold Hunter

It just feels like a cheap way to make up for the poor sales of Nom Nom Grr. Like someone said, "s**t... we ******** up, back to basics!"

Feline Bookworm

SuccuViv
I don't see why it can't be both, it's obvious they are after money, but they have to give us what we want in order to make money XD so they are giving people what they want and they are making money.

It's just, some people don't realize, but for example this avi I have now?, with Bleak Baroness, Maid For You, My Lovely Byul?, if you use black next to any of those the difference becomes too much and it really breaks the avi in my opinion XD so I love having black and off black versions of stuff C: you might not notice but try putting the close-but-not-really color next to the "real thing" and you'll see they don't go together XD at least not for me. So I love to have different versions even if they are close in color.

Of course it's great to offer people more recolours and gain money in the process, that's what makes
a great business; making customers happy and making money at the same time, but it really does
feel cheap and sneaky to me. gonk Maybe it's because it's so soon after the original, but it really
does feel like what sharkingandcrying said, they realised the other recolour wasn't doing so well
so they went and made a cheaper recolour of the original that sold out just to pump up sales.
It's great that people are liking it and buying it, I'm happy for them, but for me it feels wrong. :c

Tiny Werewolf

I'm more upset that they practically made the same item, and then cut the price down. I bought the original, when I could have just waited a few days to buy the cheaper knock off :/

Ah, don't you love sneaky business ploys lol

Feline Bookworm

pee on mee
name one company that wouldn't do that...
are you honestly saying that its bad to reuse an idea that worked for them?
the item they bought is still limited quality, there are differences in the two items.

I'm sure loads of companies do it but I don't condone that either.
Timing is also a thing. If it works, great, do it again, that's basic business, but it's too soon and the
LQI aspect of it throws it into a grey area for me. They should have waited longer at least.
But it doesn't matter, it's done and I'm not here to change anybodies opinion on the matter, just
giving mine. ^^

Smooth River

They need a blue version like the shade from the adorkable beas and the misconduct maker

Perfect Saint

You've stumbled on Gaia's new coloring scheme to double their output: the OFF COLORS series.

I think they've done this with other LQIs. The maiden series, for example, have very close color palettes.
I do agree with some of the points here. While it's not the original, it's a good way to get something close to the colors without having to wait 6 months. It's pretty darn close, but some buyers do like to make the distinction. Take evolving item generations. The lower the number, the more expensive, despite every generation will eventually have the exact same poses available. And, there are people who appreciate and desire that particular palette shift. It's not like people are being forced to buy them. It's nice that it's there. It's not like a few years ago the wait for recolors was interminable. It benefits more users to have voluntary options.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff