Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
ashlex_in_pearl
fuzzybrick

It still feels like an after thought though. There's no manga update to continue the storyline from earlier. Diedrich for some reason is being used again for this event even though he just had the April Fool's Day one. It seems like they just threw together some random stuff last minute so we wouldn't complain there was no event.

^^^ This. Thank you

Ace of Blue Spades
Wow, if organizing and egg hunt is what you think of as an afterthought you clearly weren't here for the year all we got was an exploding clock egg. Or this year's Valentines.

Easter's never been a big deal, for a lot of reasons. This year we get eight items for logging in/getting the eggs, the pink recolors in SwitchEm, and achievements. That's not an afterthought. It's a small event, yes, but not an afterthought.

And HELLO, they've been pushing the cash items for months now. That's going to happen regardless of whether or not an event is going on, and has little to do with the people that worked on the event itself.

Hopefully they'll add in titles later. I'd like some funny breakfast titles for SUnny Side Up.

Maybe you missed out on LAST Easter. Its like Fuzzybrick said. That's all i'm saying. I've made my point. Arguing isn't geting anyone anywhere because the admins don't listen to us anymore anyway.

Gaia has seriously become a real sell-out

No, I was hear last year. It was something about killing Diedrich clones or something. And was also quite hard for a lot of folks. And yet, I don't feel like this event is any kind of a letdown. It's nice and simple, and won't cause a lot of confusion for people. Last year was some big bash because I think they were still high on the anniversary year, but a small event does not equal an afterthought.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Ace of Blue Spades
Wow, if organizing and egg hunt is what you think of as an afterthought you clearly weren't here for the year all we got was an exploding clock egg. Or this year's Valentines.

Easter's never been a big deal, for a lot of reasons. This year we get eight items for logging in/getting the eggs, the pink recolors in SwitchEm, and achievements. That's not an afterthought. It's a small event, yes, but not an afterthought.

And HELLO, they've been pushing the cash items for months now. That's going to happen regardless of whether or not an event is going on, and has little to do with the people that worked on the event itself.

Hopefully they'll add in titles later. I'd like some funny breakfast titles for SUnny Side Up.
That's true. Last year's Easter event didn't spawn a year-long storyline update and they didn't forget their own anniversary event this year until the last minute. Honestly most of their work has felt last-minute since What The Fluff. Kenny always pulled through and made something fantastic, but his absence clearly shows.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Yen Quest
I have to admit that it does seem like an afterthought. First thing first, the announcement for the Easter event doesn't even have a banner/image/etc. The amount of items we can get from egg gathering is 3 when we normally get at least 5. Switch'em items doesn't count since it's supposed to be separate, and act as an addition to events. We don't even have a manga, let alone a mini-comic, to show for this event, when Easter is supposed to be one of the big main four (Easter, summer, Halloween, and Xmas). Now Achievements don't have titles to go with it? ...Really?
I agree with this. What is the point anymore? No more manga/comic updates anymore? Why? That's what made gaia, well gaia. What fun is there if all we ever get to see of the NPCs now is just cash shop announcement after announcement etc.

More and more, the things we used to get keep fading away, no more staff communication, no more manga updates, And what now more titles now? That's the ONLY thing achievements are good for and they couldn't slap on a few titles? It's not hard. I'm getting so sick of seeing all this money they keep asking for and literally NO effort put back into the site.

King Bunny

20,775 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ace of Blue Spades
ashlex_in_pearl
fuzzybrick

It still feels like an after thought though. There's no manga update to continue the storyline from earlier. Diedrich for some reason is being used again for this event even though he just had the April Fool's Day one. It seems like they just threw together some random stuff last minute so we wouldn't complain there was no event.

^^^ This. Thank you

Ace of Blue Spades

Maybe you missed out on LAST Easter. Its like Fuzzybrick said. That's all i'm saying. I've made my point. Arguing isn't geting anyone anywhere because the admins don't listen to us anymore anyway.

No, I was hear last year. It was something about killing Diedrich clones or something. And was also quite hard for a lot of folks. And yet, I don't feel like this event is any kind of a letdown. It's nice and simple, and won't cause a lot of confusion for people. Last year was some big bash because I think they were still high on the anniversary year, but a small event does not equal an afterthought.

Last year was really the first time they REALLY put the Easter Bunny back into the story. That was such a huge deal to a lot of people.

And now, one year later, after he regained his cuteness at x-mas, they just totally downplay Easter. They've already shown us they can do more, and it was more fun when they did! This... it's just like they weren't trying.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Apollos Liar
Ace of Blue Spades

That's true. Last year's Easter event didn't spawn a year-long storyline update and they didn't forget their own anniversary event this year until the last minute. Honestly most of their work has felt last-minute since What The Fluff. Kenny always pulled through and made something fantastic, but his absence clearly shows.

You folks have terrible standards if "event that's been in planning for months" is what you think of that Halloween event and the battle system we finally got. Also, What the Fluff was pretty bad, so I wouldn't hold that up as a gold standard for what Gaia's events could be. Hell, The RO event was less frustrating.

Dead Hellraiser

Ace of Blue Spades
ashlex_in_pearl
fuzzybrick

^^^ This. Thank you

Ace of Blue Spades

Last year was the cute vs non-cute event with the easter bunny and diedrich. However, it was one of the most annoying events we ever had. (I didn't even bother with it) and the plot was stupid as ******** hell.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Partygoer 500
Jin Love
Yen Quest
I have to admit that it does seem like an afterthought. First thing first, the announcement for the Easter event doesn't even have a banner/image/etc. The amount of items we can get from egg gathering is 3 when we normally get at least 5. Switch'em items doesn't count since it's supposed to be separate, and act as an addition to events. We don't even have a manga, let alone a mini-comic, to show for this event, when Easter is supposed to be one of the big main four (Easter, summer, Halloween, and Xmas). Now Achievements don't have titles to go with it? ...Really?
I agree with this. What is the point anymore? No more manga/comic updates anymore? Why? That's what made gaia, well gaia. What fun is there if all we ever get to see of the NPCs now is just cash shop announcement after announcement etc.

More and more, the things we used to get keep fading away, no more staff communication, no more manga updates, And what now more titles now? That's the ONLY thing achievements are good for and they couldn't slap on a few titles? It's not hard. I'm getting so sick of seeing all this money they keep asking for and literally NO effort put back into the site.
Well at least we know that Tentacl is benefiting from it. emotion_puke Do you notice how this event doesn't even have any reaper artwork? That explains the loss of a storyline update. Still no towns integration or giveaway either because both Codemonkey and Sisky are busy with the other site. Everything considered, this entire site is an afterthought.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Apollos Liar
Jin Love
Yen Quest

Well at least we know that Tentacl is benefiting from it. emotion_puke Do you notice how this event doesn't even have any reaper artwork? That explains the loss of a storyline update. Still no towns integration or giveaway either because both Codemonkey and Sisky are busy with the other site. Everything considered, this entire site is an afterthought.
I was refraining myself from even bringing that up. xD

But you know, even THAT site seems like an afterthought. I mean come on, they use gaia's money (cause where else would they get the funds for the new site) on a knock off tumblr site, I can't even comprehend how they came up with that, or why anyone even thought it was a good idea. They really could of made a good sister site, did something original, but no, it's a shitty looking half assed site. The avi even layer over each other in the forums from what I've seen. -huffs- Okay done ranting. xD

We do seem like such an afterthought though, hell where is that inventory arranger? Or other major updates this site seriously needs? All thrown away for a new site that will pretty much die soon since I imagine most people will get bored of it and go back to tumblr.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
ashlex_in_pearl
Ace of Blue Spades
ashlex_in_pearl
fuzzybrick

^^^ This. Thank you

Ace of Blue Spades

Last year was really the first time they REALLY put the Easter Bunny back into the story. That was such a huge deal to a lot of people.

And now, one year later, after he regained his cuteness at x-mas, they just totally downplay Easter. They've already shown us they can do more, and it was more fun when they did! This... it's just like they weren't trying.

And some people prefer events that aren't high maintainence on the part of the users playing it. People like the egg hunts (and they are much easier to see and find this year) and this year it's at a manageable level. (Remember having to find five hundred of the damn things?)

Quite frankly, the Easter Bunny is annoying. The last update involved him and the other guys "going off to wreck s**t" which... would make for a fairly annoying Easter plot, to say the least. Oh, and look at Rhea Byrne's post. Not everyone loved last year.
for two days i have seen no eggs anywhere in any forum, just the thing in the header with a 1 or 2 on it, besides that nothing
but i am not that big into achievements anyway so it really dont matter to me and gaia screwing something else up that dont surprise me either

Kawaii Survivor

31,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
I agree User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. .There is no achievements list, neither the eggs list, i mean how many eggs do we need to get for each price? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That's confusing User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. , because there is no way how to know how many eggs we need to collect . User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Michiru the Lady of chaos
I agree User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. .There is no achievements list, neither the eggs list, i mean how many eggs do we need to get for each price? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That's confusing User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. , because there is no way how to know how many eggs we need to collect . User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You get a prize every fifty eggs. Users put up guides within a few hours. Post a question asking this and you'll get five people answering at the same time. This... is pretty much how we figure out how many things we need to collect for EVERY event.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Partygoer 500
Jin Love
Apollos Liar
Jin Love
Yen Quest

I was refraining myself from even bringing that up. xD

But you know, even THAT site seems like an afterthought. I mean come on, they use gaia's money (cause where else would they get the funds for the new site) on a knock off tumblr site, I can't even comprehend how they came up with that, or why anyone even thought it was a good idea. They really could of made a good sister site, did something original, but no, it's a shitty looking half assed site. The avi even layer over each other in the forums from what I've seen. -huffs- Okay done ranting. xD

We do seem like such an afterthought though, hell where is that inventory arranger? Or other major updates this site seriously needs? All thrown away for a new site that will pretty much die soon since I imagine most people will get bored of it and go back to tumblr.
I totally agree with everything you've said. Then again, Tentacl is still in beta so it's all kinds of ******** up but then again look at zOMG! and its beta status.

Honestly, I'm shocked we even got the loyalty shop. hahaha That inventory arranger is never coming.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

I just got the first achievement and I was really excited to see what the title was gonna be, because that's the only reason I like achievements. None emo
Now I don't even feel the urge to finish this event. I don't wear the items and if I don't get titles I don't even wanna waste time for the second one.

Jae Jin-ah's Oppa

Pokejinka Horangi

Ye, I was disappointed to find no titles either when I was expecting at least 4-6 for 2 new achievements. cat_neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff