NO! I hate ninja. PIRATES FTW! 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
This is a redo of this thread, by Mitsuki the ninja.

User Image

So, Talk Like a Pirate Day has come and gone and Gaia gave of a fun little mini-event, an achievement and an item to commemorate it. There was some small complaining about the text changes and username changes happening in other forums besides the actual event forum, but overall, I think most people enjoyed it. I'd call that a success.

In light of the Pirate Day success, I'd like to suggest Gaia also do something for Ninja Day which takes place on December the 5th.

"What's ninja day? I've never heard of this!"

Here are just a few informative links: [ x ], [ x ], [ x ]

"Okay. But what could Gaia do for a Ninja Day?"

* This past Pirate day event was run off a points system. Users earned points by posting key words in the forums. Going off a similar points system, people could be awarded points for being the FIRST poster in a new thread. That would fit in with the pop-culture conception of ninja's being crazy fast. They could be awarded fewer points for posting key words like "ninja", "shinobi", "shadow", "stealthy", "black pajamas", etc.

* For avatar mods, they could black out an avatars figure so that only the eyes are visible. (As if the avatar were wearing a shinobifuku.) This would be similar to when everyone got a cat-head pasted on their avatar for Caturday a couple years ago.

* Also, there have been mini-events in the past where they didn't really do much of anything just give out an item to those that actually read the Dev. Alers and Announcements (like that April Fools item from a few years ago).

--

Suggested by Other Posters:

Lady Leopardess
Maybe instead having x amount of threads you have to <3 or </3 without posting in.
or maybe having to wear x amount of items that have the word "black" or "ninja" in them.
marshmallowcreampie
Renkon Root
marshmallowcreampie
Yeah, I'd love a ninja day! cat_whee And we could get awarded for dressing like ninjas, and we could get some cool weapons as prizes. heart
I'm not sure how the coding for that would work since you can make a ninja avi without using ninja themed items, but do I have your permission to add it to the OP under the "Suggested by Other Posters" section?
There are plenty of ninja items, though maybe people can get rewarded for wearing a certain amount of black items. And yes, you can put it in the OP.
lynxbug
NINJA DAY!!!! I do like Ninjas. I also love pirates! I do think it would be a great idea to have a mini ninja event though. You could do a lot of cool things with it, besides dressing up as a ninja.
You could find stuff throughout the site having to do with ninjas. (Like a scavenger hunt.)
Have trivia about Ninjas
There could always be a rp thread in the forums.
Lots of stuff!
Go Ninja Day!! smile cool
Strider Hiryuu
Renkon Root
Strider Hiryuu
This I want.
Hey you!

Its nice to see you out and about in the forums. Do you think an event like this would rekindle some of your activity on Gaia? I remembered you mentioned over our PMs that you weren't having as much fun on the site as you used to.
I hope it does! Seeing a Ninja day would make me feel all happy. Maybe see some ninja critters roam around? Or even something like...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
dreamsk
It would be funny if there was a ninja achievement for going 24 hours without posting a topic/reply, but tipping people and doing other things in the meantime.
Kirae Tsuki Uchiha
I'd suggest something to do with gifting.
Like anon-gift a certain amount a people a ninja based item or such and get granted an achievement or event item.

Or what they did recently with the Kuro/Vampire PMs.
Have people post a certain amount of ninja-garble and have PMs sent to Gaians choosing whether to join the ranks of the Shinobi or a anti-Ninja group or something...
And get like an item to wear or a mini ninja doll.

Simple enough, but something to do and something to commemorate the day!! x3
Snorkler
Most of us could make an attempt to dress as a ninja and give a historical ninja fact. Perhaps a simple avatar item could be awarded. rofl ninja
ngaurhoth1
Just another small, but enticing idea. What if there were an achievement called Pirates vs. Ninja. It could be obtained if you talk like a pirate in the Ninja-Day Subforum. It's small, simple, has easy code reuse, is a meme, and is just fun in general. Sounds like something Gaia would be all over.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I would love a ninja day!
but posting certain words isn't really ninja like.
Maybe instead having x amount of threads you have to <3 or </3 without posting in.
or maybe having to wear x amount of items that have the word "black" or "ninja" in them.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Lady Leopardess

I like both these ideas, too! May I add them to the OP?

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Ugh, I'm sick of this PC "Let's include everyone!" bullshit. We celebrate pirate day, and then everyone wants a ninja day so the ninjas don't get offended! cat_scream

In all seriousness... Yeah, I'd love a ninja day! cat_whee And we could get awarded for dressing like ninjas, and we could get some cool weapons as prizes. heart

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
I'v never heard of that day before to be honest, and I honestly cannot stand Ninja's DX

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
marshmallowcreampie
Yeah, I'd love a ninja day! cat_whee And we could get awarded for dressing like ninjas, and we could get some cool weapons as prizes. heart

I'm not sure how the coding for that would work since you can make a ninja avi without using ninja themed items, but do I have your permission to add it to the OP under the "Suggested by Other Posters" section?

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Reaver Audron
I'v never heard of that day before to be honest, and I honestly cannot stand Ninja's DX

Hopefully, they would keep most of the avatar mods and other such changes for the event contained within the event forum. There were a lot of people complaining yesterday about the pirate event and how "invasive" it was. If they can keep it contained to the event forum then a ninja day shouldn't be as bothersome to those that wouldn't want to participate.

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
Renkon Root
Reaver Audron

Hopefully, they would keep most of the avatar mods and other such changes for the event contained within the event forum. There were a lot of people complaining yesterday about the pirate event and how "invasive" it was. If they can keep it contained to the event forum then a ninja day shouldn't be as bothersome to those that wouldn't want to participate.
User Image
S is for the simple need.
E is for the ecstasy.
X is just to mark the spot,
Cause that's the one you really want.

-drapes arms around- Imagine this my friend..Naruto cosplays..Naruto cosplays everywhere..yelling believe it... -shudder-

"No" is a dirty word ,
Never gonna say it first,
"No" is just a thought that never crosses my mind.
Maybe in the parking lot,
Better bring your friend along,
Better all together than just one at a time.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Reaver Audron
Naruto cosplays..Naruto cosplays everywhere..yelling believe it... -shudder-

Yesterday's pirate event was no different with people quoting Jack Sparrow and One Piece. There are going to be irritating pop-culture references no mater what kind of event Gaia holds. Just look at all the NBC references people start shouting every Halloween and Xmas event. When I see a naruhard in the forums, I just scroll past them (or report them for spamming, depending on the context). But that's no reason NOT to have a mini-event.

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
Renkon Root
Reaver Audron
Naruto cosplays..Naruto cosplays everywhere..yelling believe it... -shudder-

Yesterday's pirate event was no different with people quoting Jack Sparrow and one piece. There are going to be irritating pop-culture references no mater what kind of event Gaia holds. Just look at all the NBC references people start shouting every Halloween and Xmas event. When I see a naruhard in the forums, I just scroll past them (or report them for spamming, depending on the context). But that's no reason NOT to have a mini-event.
User Image
S is for the simple need.
E is for the ecstasy.
X is just to mark the spot,
Cause that's the one you really want.

At Least Jack Sparrow and One Piece are actually Pirates.. Naruto isn't even ninja's it's kids with superpowers,

And where was all this going on? I just mostly saw whining that Ninjas wern't involved..

I'm not saying it's not a reason to not have an event though

"No" is a dirty word ,
Never gonna say it first,
"No" is just a thought that never crosses my mind.
Maybe in the parking lot,
Better bring your friend along,
Better all together than just one at a time.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
it's only faaaiiirrrr.... crying

In all seriousness. I would love more of this kinda fun! Between and betwixt the Holiday Event

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Reaver Audron
At Least Jack Sparrow and One Piece are actually Pirates.. Naruto isn't even ninja's it's kids with superpowers,

Is that so? Truth be told, I can't really comment on that one way or another, I've only ever watched one episode of Naruto. But if that's the case, then he's irrelevant to this conversation.

Quote:
And where was all this going on? I just mostly saw whining that Ninjas wern't involved..

In the event forum. Don't tell me you didn't see the threads title "In this thread we only converse in PotC quotes", or all of the "WHY IS THE RUM GONE!?" threads. There were at least ten of them. Then there were all the people posting the lyrics to Lazy Town song "Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee" or whatever. The point is, it happens, whether it be pirates, ninja or Halloween and Christmas, people are going to be making pop-references and quoting their favorite characters up the yin-yang. You can either let it bother you or not.

*shrug*

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not a reason to not have an event though

In that case, this conversation is a tangent and I'm getting off it right now.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Nyadriel
In all seriousness. I would love more of this kinda fun! Between and betwixt the Holiday Event

Perhaps someday (in the far-flung future) we could have a pirates vs. ninja event, something similar to the SIN and BOO Halloween event.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Renkon Root
Lady Leopardess

I like both these ideas, too! May I add them to the OP?
Thanks , I was hoping they'd make a ninja day. ninja

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

So, the entire site goes down for a day? lol

If it was based on just <3/</3 then no one would actually post... soo... that... doesn't work... Instead of a day, just an achievement, maybe...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff