Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Pilotslover
Bleeding Apocalypse
Okay, guys, honestly. Take a look at these outfits. Just the outfits, objectively. Would you like to see some of these on Gaia?

If you said yes to any of these, congratulations. You like one of Nicki Minaj's outfits. Now kindly get over the fact that it's her and enjoy the dresses themselves as standalone objects, which was the entire point of the thread anyway: knockoffs of her outfits.

Nope, all of those clothes were hideous ...

The yellow dress is a generic style so she can hardly claim that as hers.

The rest is just a mash of colour ... Not really something I go for.

Kinda missed the point there.

The point is that a lot of people were focusing too much that it was Nicki Minaj wearing the clothes and not focusing on the clothes themselves. Objectively, I don't wear dresses on my avatar, so I wouldn't wear any of these, either---but that doesn't mean I'm vehemently against them, either. As much as I personally don't like huge color mash styles, many people on the site do. Looking at other items of a similar style, they tend to be very popular with other users.

And... not sure why you're saying she'd claim the yellow dress as hers... Never said that. Just said she's wearing it. I hardly believe anyone other than professional fashion designers wear clothes they design themselves to big events. o.O;
Pilotslover
Bleeding Apocalypse
Okay, guys, honestly. Take a look at these outfits. Just the outfits, objectively. Would you like to see some of these on Gaia?

If you said yes to any of these, congratulations. You like one of Nicki Minaj's outfits. Now kindly get over the fact that it's her and enjoy the dresses themselves as standalone objects, which was the entire point of the thread anyway: knockoffs of her outfits.

Nope, all of those clothes were hideous ...

The yellow dress is a generic style so she can hardly claim that as hers.

The rest is just a mash of colour ... Not really something I go for.

The rest are more of a mixture of things/colors she likes, not really for other people to wear since she probably has clothes of colors/styles she personally likes/mashes together. Just like anyone else.
some artists however have signature clothing, like Morrison's leather pants, Lennon's circle shades, kind of like that.
honestly I think Lady Gaga, Katy perry and Nicki have the same styles. they just try outrageous, colorful, big and bright clothing for attention. I see three of them as just the same, atleast fashion-wise.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Bleeding Apocalypse

The point is that a lot of people were focusing too much that it was Nicki Minaj wearing the clothes and not focusing on the clothes themselves. Objectively, I don't wear dresses on my avatar, so I wouldn't wear any of these, either---but that doesn't mean I'm vehemently against them, either. As much as I personally don't like huge color mash styles, many people on the site do. Looking at other items of a similar style, they tend to be very popular with other users.

And... not sure why you're saying she'd claim the yellow dress as hers... Never said that. Just said she's wearing it. I hardly believe anyone other than professional fashion designers wear clothes they design themselves to big events. o.O;

I don't think they do ... most of the people I know on this site avoid things like that.

And the whole point of this thread are things that demonstrate her, surely? Aren't those dresses called fish tail dresses (something like that, I own ONE dress and it's covered in fake blood ...)? My point was more if OP is asking for something that is specifically linked to that singer then it should surely be what she's known for? Which is the whole disgustingly clashing colours thing ...

IDK, this doesn't seem like something people would want.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Pilotslover
Bleeding Apocalypse

I don't think they do ... most of the people I know on this site avoid things like that.

And the whole point of this thread are things that demonstrate her, surely? Aren't those dresses called fish tail dresses (something like that, I own ONE dress and it's covered in fake blood ...)? My point was more if OP is asking for something that is specifically linked to that singer then it should surely be what she's known for? Which is the whole disgustingly clashing colours thing ...

IDK, this doesn't seem like something people would want.

I think they're called mermaid dresses, the style that's kind of form-hugging and then flares out at the knees/calves.

I believe the style of dress is actually very popular here. Maybe not within your particular circle of friends, but in general, yes. Very much so. The raver style items were very well-received and I see quite a few people using them. Brightly-colored dresses and accessories are also highly requested items. I wholeheartedly believe that if the name Nicki Minaj was left out of the title, and if the dresses alone were presented without her wearing them, the idea would be far better received. People have the same kneejerk reaction to her name that they had with Lady Gaga (and they made items based off of her style anyway that still sell for a couple hundred thousand gold) and say, "EW, NO, HORRIBLE" even though the items themselves are popular and well-liked.
Yeah, plus it's kind of hard to see really, fashion-wise, what she's known for. Because like I said, Katy, Gaga seem to also have the same type of fashion. Big, colorful and attention-worthy. also mashed up clothes. They all like things that people can look at them for and they try to out-do each other.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Bleeding Apocalypse

I think they're called mermaid dresses, the style that's kind of form-hugging and then flares out at the knees/calves.

I believe the style of dress is actually very popular here. Maybe not within your particular circle of friends, but in general, yes. Very much so. The raver style items were very well-received and I see quite a few people using them. Brightly-colored dresses and accessories are also highly requested items. I wholeheartedly believe that if the name Nicki Minaj was left out of the title, and if the dresses alone were presented without her wearing them, the idea would be far better received. People have the same kneejerk reaction to her name that they had with Lady Gaga (and they made items based off of her style anyway that still sell for a couple hundred thousand gold) and say, "EW, NO, HORRIBLE" even though the items themselves are popular and well-liked.

I'm not convinced they'd be better received without her name attached but then I really do loath that horrible clashing 'style'.

Maybe OP should try again leaving the name out.

Conversely, following on from Hayes point, to link a star to a trend/style would suggest they were known for it. Like Lennon and his glasses, Freddie and his tash or the cape and crown combo, Bon Jovi and his hair ...
Bleeding Apocalypse

But if the person did not want Nicki to do with it, why make a suggestion with her in it? why not just show the pictures of the outfits she's wearing?
Like i said though, some of the items she's wearing are not linked to her, because they are popular with people in general. I personally love Faux leggings but they're too expensive for me to buy one in RL.
I just think she mixes and matches to what she likes, whatever her tastes are. Which is why some people find them horrible, because she makes it to her liking, so it isn't really everyone's taste. Unless your a giant fan of her or something and want to wear things she wears... u_u

Edit: Alright, maybe I'm kind of hypocritical about that though..because I personally wear things like Jim wore-.....
*coughcough* Leather jacket, concho belts, but I can't get my paws on those damn leather pants...

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Hayes28
But if the person did not want Nicki to do with it, why make a suggestion with her in it? why not just show the pictures of the outfits she's wearing?
Like i said though, some of the items she's wearing are not linked to her, because they are popular with people in general. I personally love Faux leggings but they're too expensive for me to buy one in RL.
I just think she mixes and matches to what she likes, whatever her tastes are. Which is why some people find them horrible, because she makes it to her liking, so it isn't really everyone's taste. Unless your a giant fan of her or something and want to wear things she wears... u_u

Because the person said the style of clothes similar to what she wears.

Let me try putting it another way, trying to find some kind of comparison... Okay. Let's say, "Can we get dresses like what Anne Hathaway wears?" Anne Hathaway wears different things, of course. Different styles. Casual and formal. But I don't know the name of these designers or the exact style, particularly. So I'm just going by the person who's wearing them. "Dresses like Anne Hathaway's." It doesn't mean particularly that I admire her or that even the focus should be on her. I didn't say, "I want an Anne Hathaway item." I said I wanted a similar dress. And of course some people find them horrible. A lot of people find a lot of different types of items horrible. I, for one, hate leg mods with the burning passion of a thousand suns. I don't like skirts, dresses and pastels much, either. That doesn't mean I can't agree that if a new item were to come out in a color I don't like isn't a nice item anyway. A nice dress is a nice dress, even if I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

That's what this thread is about. Clothing similar to what the person in question wears. I think a lot of people are getting a bit too hung up on the person and not concentrating on the style of clothing. Gaians, in general, like bright colors. They like crazy, mix and match styles. That's why I think more bright colors and mix and match styles would be a good fit here.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
I could maybe see myself using the gold or the blue dresses from the original post, or the black outfit from Bleeding Apocalypse's post.

Some of the more colorful ones aren't really my style, but I can think of people who would like it.
Let's agree to disagree 'doughz ^W^;; I don't feel it's worth debating over.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i wouldn't wear them
that said, i wouldn't be surprised if Gaia made them-

now about being a "Little Miss Music Critic" ...
that attitude of yours is the bigger reason this thread is in the </3

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cecilia Davidson
i wouldn't wear them
that said, i wouldn't be surprised if Gaia made them-

now about being a "Little Miss Music Critic" ...
that attitude of yours is the bigger reason this thread is in the </3
i apologized for my attitude =/

Juomi's Fangirl

Gracious Gaian

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'm not a real fan of her music or her style, however more items would be good anyways. Even if I didn't end up using them, they're quite quirky and wild styles that some Gaians would love to play with.

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

I would love to have some of the crazy stuff she wears.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff