Welcome to Gaia! ::

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Morbid Obesity
i do not have anything against either the music or the lyrics, but seriously what is the point of screaming instead of singing, what is the point of listening to something you can't understand? i mean, if you don't know russian, why would you listen to russian music?

Just respect that people have different music tastes. Personally, I dislike screamo as well, but I'm not going to say their music tastes suck because of that.

Also, you don't have to understand a language to appreciate the music. I'm a huge fan of K-pop despite me not being Korean. I can't even speak the language nor read it. (Well, a tiny bit I can read, but that's not the point.) But why do I listen to it? Because it appeals to me, and I enjoy it. This is the same reason why people listen to screamo. They enjoy listening to it.

Music is music no matter what language it's in. K-pop is music. Russian music is music. Screamo is music.
Morbid Obesity
i do not have anything against either the music or the lyrics, but seriously what is the point of screaming instead of singing, what is the point of listening to something you can't understand? i mean, if you don't know russian, why would you listen to russian music?

.....Wow.

Here you are being Miss Music Opinion-er when you listen to someone like Niki Minaj.

I lulzee'd. So much, I give you a second lulzees just in case. emotion_awesome

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Wow ... it's really hard to take you seriously when you don't think you can listen to songs in different languages ...

Those outfits are gross, I'd never use them.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Toppaware
Morbid Obesity

Just respect that people have different music tastes. Personally, I dislike screamo as well, but I'm not going to say their music tastes suck because of that.

Also, you don't have to understand a language to appreciate the music. I'm a huge fan of K-pop despite me not being Korean. I can't even speak the language nor read it. (Well, a tiny bit I can read, but that's not the point.) But why do I listen to it? Because it appeals to me, and I enjoy it. This is the same reason why people listen to screamo. They enjoy listening to it.

Music is music no matter what language it's in. K-pop is music. Russian music is music. Screamo is music.
alright i said stuff i shouldn't have, i'm sorry. i'm just quite opinionated and dislike music i can't understand. i shouldn't have said it sucked, i should have said "in my opinion, it sucks" at the very least, instead of making it seem like i need everyone to agree with me xP

Hayes28
Morbid Obesity

.....Wow.

Here you are being Miss Music Opinion-er when you listen to someone like Niki Minaj.

I lulzee'd. So much, I give you a second lulzees just in case. emotion_awesome
as i said just above this, it was not my place to say what i said. sorry, i don't always think before i say something.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
You know, I remember when the request came up for Lady Gaga-inspired outfits and there was similar immediate "no because she sucks" reactions jumping out of the woodwork.

This thread isn't about the quality of music. It isn't about whether or not you think they're a talented person. It's about CLOTHING. I think people have a hard time separating the artist from the clothing in cases like this, and the kneejerk reaction is Nicki Minaj = unconditional no.

That being said, as silly as this sounds, OP, I'm 99% sure if you had simply blocked out her face and said "Outfits like these," without actually naming her directly, a lot more people would've been willing to agree to at least the bottom three outfits. It just feels very much like peoples' bias against the singer is overshadowing what the actual thread is about.

And for the record, I like that blue dress and the pink fairy dress. They'd make nice additions to what we already have, and look like they'd fit well at Ruby's Rack.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Personally I'd rather have Lil Kim inspired clothing! blaugh

BUT, I don't listen to her either. Neither one does it for me. However I'm not about to laugh at a person for liking a genre of music I don't like. I think that's pretty disrespectful of itself. I've known some really nice people who liked Britney Spears even though they knew I was into Incubus, Korn, and Cake.

So besides that, I'm not really inclined to agree since the clothing isn't doing it for me. I just don't feel the whole "yes I'd love that" mentality.

tora-gen's Fangirl

Eco-friendly Kitten

27,900 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100

Colorful, flashy clothings are always good to have in Gaia. And her outfits don't sing, so I don't see any problem having them. I like the pink fairy / angel dress specially. So fluffy ~

User Image

Sexy Assailant

I don't understand her appeal to be quite honest, but to each their own.

(I enjoy watching her face on AI when the contestants say they love Mariah. razz )

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Okay, guys, honestly. Take a look at these outfits. Just the outfits, objectively. Would you like to see some of these on Gaia?

User Image
User Image

If you said yes to any of these, congratulations. You like one of Nicki Minaj's outfits. Now kindly get over the fact that it's her and enjoy the dresses themselves as standalone objects, which was the entire point of the thread anyway: knockoffs of her outfits.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bleeding Apocalypse
Okay, guys, honestly. Take a look at these outfits. Just the outfits, objectively. Would you like to see some of these on Gaia?

User Image
User Image

If you said yes to any of these, congratulations. You like one of Nicki Minaj's outfits. Now kindly get over the fact that it's her and enjoy the dresses themselves as standalone objects, which was the entire point of the thread anyway: knockoffs of her outfits.
ooooh more likie :3 gonna add these images to te first post ^^

Cute Punk

As much as I loathe her music unless it's for parody reasons and think her videos are seizure inducing I do like a few of her outfits and wigs so why not?

I still believe she's an oompa loompa. =w=

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
White Flag Idiot
As much as I loathe her music unless it's for parody reasons and think her videos are seizure inducing I do like a few of her outfits and wigs so why not?

You are sorely mistaken. She is in no way an Oompa Loompa. She is, in fact, a frog.

User Image

Cute Punk

Bleeding Apocalypse
White Flag Idiot

You are sorely mistaken. She is in no way an Oompa Loompa. She is, in fact, a frog.

User Image

Oh my God, I didn't even think of that. lol I have to re-watch that movie now just because oh my God personality wise and looks they honestly are a lot alike!
Bleeding Apocalypse

User Image
User Image

The only one I like is the faux furr leggings. And many people wear those so they aren't really connected to her. the rest, not really..
The black one has potential though probably. the yellow dress, there are already yellow dresses on the site though. I have kind of seen black outfits like that on the site too, now thinking about it. with the ribbons/flowy-ness to it..I forgot where iv'e seen one like it but I know I saw one kinda like it before.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Bleeding Apocalypse

Nope, all of those clothes were hideous ...

The yellow dress is a generic style so she can hardly claim that as hers.

The rest is just a mash of colour ... Not really something I go for.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff