Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm really not sure if this has been mentioned already or not...but I figured what the heck...might as well post it just in case.

I think the Marketplace should have an automatic feature that will not allow users to put Store items in the vend for more than store price. I know in the Marketplace FAQ, it states not to do so. But, that doesn't stop anyone from doing it. It does nothing but bogg down the vend.

For example...I was just in there looking for a black goth skirt. I didn't feel like browsing each store to try to find it. So I thought to check there to see if I can find one for store price or lower. And there were none. The store price of one of those skirts are 600gold, and absolutely every single skirt in there is priced at 800g or above. I think it's a waste of space, and I hope that the admins can add an automatic feature that will not allow you to place a store item in the vend for more than store price. Some kind of a warning that will say that you may not place that item that high when a user tries to do that. I think that will help with a small amount of nonesense that goes on in there.

What do ya'll think?

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

When I was a mod we brought that issue up with the admins/developers and it was deemed unnecessary because the store price is listed in the buy menu in the Vend. If a user buys for over store price it's their own fault for not being aware. Some items, like a certain users boxers or panties, are auctioned for thousands if not tens of thousands or more, if the limit were there that could not be done.
No. It's great that you can sell store items overpriced and people will still buy. The Gaians set up the economy which is a great thing for us. Having a default setting would piss me off like mad crazy. xp
Silver Archangel
When I was a mod we brought that issue up with the admins/developers and it was deemed unnecessary because the store price is listed in the buy menu in the Vend. If a user buys for over store price it's their own fault for not being aware. Some items, like a certain users boxers or panties, are auctioned for thousands if not tens of thousands or more, if the limit were there that could not be done.

That's a good point. But, I still find it to be a waste of space imo.
Nah, I think it's fine now. The store price IS listed right there, so you know if you're buying an overpriced item. Think of it as... a convenience charge?
Innocente
No. It's great that you can sell store items overpriced and people will still buy. The Gaians set up the economy which is a great thing for us. Having a default setting would piss me off like mad crazy. xp

I do agree that making a profit is nice and all. But, when you have 100 pages of over priced store items, I find it to be a tad bit ridiculous. I guess that's just my own point of view though. I tend to sell items for less. I guess that's kind of a pet peeve.
If they sold the items for less than what we paid for, they wouldn't make a profit. It would be more like losing money.
PremiumHeart
Innocente

I do agree that making a profit is nice and all. But, when you have 100 pages of over priced store items, I find it to be a tad bit ridiculous. I guess that's just my own point of view though. I tend to sell items for less. I guess that's kind of a pet peeve.
Well, there is a list (the OMNI list) of all store items in Extended Feedback that tells you the exact locations of them. 3nodding

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

severed angel
If they sold the items for less than what we paid for, they wouldn't make a profit. It would be more like losing money.
uh, you're not SUPPOSED to make a profit on store bought items rolleyes if you sell over store price, users are just going to buy from the store.
severed angel

They would be able to sell back for store value or less. Not just less. So it would still allow a user to resell an item for what they paid for in the store.
Redeemer_of_the_heavens
Redeemer_of_the_heavens
Redeemer_of_the_heavens

I hate to say it, nor try to be rude, but your not supposed to spam in this forum.
PremiumHeart
Redeemer_of_the_heavens
Redeemer_of_the_heavens

I hate to say it, nor try to be rude, but your not supposed to spam in this forum.

She probably thinks it's some stupid petition to sign.
I cant remember who, but someone did a vend panty auction.

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

Sc0rP10n
I cant remember who, but someone did a vend panty auction.
I did a vend boxer auction xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces