Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
xx I met my fate xx
How about actually doing a new one instead of just giving us the old one in a new suit. It's no more convenient than the old one was! Oh no, I have to navigate one less page to get to it...that's SUCH an improvement!

It still doesn't help us if we have large inventories. No tagging system, no colour organization, no useful tabs. Seriously, if some guy in his basement can make an excellent system like tektek then a large company that bleeds its users dry like you guys should be able to do something similar.

Item layering, colour filters, tagging and FIXING THE DANG BUGS to start.

The damn thing ate some of my favourite items!

Aloha xx I met my fate xx,
Just wanted to let you know that I want to join your Guild. I submitted my app. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for creating the Guild. It's needed and I'm willing to help make things come to fruition. 3nodding wink

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Like most of the others have mentioned so far, it would be nice to have labels or even categories for the arranger. Color categories would also be a nice addition to this, but the labels on some items need to be changed to assist with this.

First issue, not a fan of the multiple pages, I have to figure out which of the 6 pages I need (on this note it's a good think I put everything in alphabetical order before you did this). I've noticed when you pull something off one page and move to the next the new arranger seems to 'save' or 'reset' (not sure which is more accurate) but what I wanted out doesn't always move out.

Now to the second issue, the arranger seems to randomly move items from my inventory into the Locker while I am moving other items. I have tried a couple times to correct this and move the items back out but it doesn't always actually work.

Finally, my last issue, moving multiple items around at once seems to be more of a issue that it was with the previous arranger. I tried to move the 'Valentines' items up with the rest but after a couple tries they ended up at the bottom of the arranger. Glad they were still there but they just disappeared while trying to move them at one point.

General feedback: I actually kind of miss the old inventory arranger, it was almost easier to arrange and re-arrange than this current one. I liked that everything was one long list, made it easier to arrange my items. Also, I never really had a issue with items randomly moving into the locker that I seem to have with this new one. Finally, I really preferred the search feature from the old one that would start sorting through items as you typed, it was really helpful if I couldn't remember the name of a item exactly but knew what it started with.

Fatcat

I am literally unable to save my inventory without getting the 'there's been a grievous error' bug and everything resetting.

Right now, I would take anything that actually functions on a basic level. ._.

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
MadHatterzMouse
Like most of the others have mentioned so far, it would be nice to have labels or even categories for the arranger. Color categories would also be a nice addition to this, but the labels on some items need to be changed to assist with this.

First issue, not a fan of the multiple pages, I have to figure out which of the 6 pages I need (on this note it's a good think I put everything in alphabetical order before you did this). I've noticed when you pull something off one page and move to the next the new arranger seems to 'save' or 'reset' (not sure which is more accurate) but what I wanted out doesn't always move out.

Now to the second issue, the arranger seems to randomly move items from my inventory into the Locker while I am moving other items. I have tried a couple times to correct this and move the items back out but it doesn't always actually work.

Finally, my last issue, moving multiple items around at once seems to be more of a issue that it was with the previous arranger. I tried to move the 'Valentines' items up with the rest but after a couple tries they ended up at the bottom of the arranger. Glad they were still there but they just disappeared while trying to move them at one point.

General feedback: I actually kind of miss the old inventory arranger, it was almost easier to arrange and re-arrange than this current one. I liked that everything was one long list, made it easier to arrange my items. Also, I never really had a issue with items randomly moving into the locker that I seem to have with this new one. Finally, I really preferred the search feature from the old one that would start sorting through items as you typed, it was really helpful if I couldn't remember the name of a item exactly but knew what it started with.

Aloha MadHatterzMouse,
Here's the link to the old Inventory Arranger. You can use it as well as the new one and all changes will show on the other. Hope this helps. wink heart

http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory2/arranger/

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Gubblegum
I am literally unable to save my inventory without getting the 'there's been a grievous error' bug and everything resetting.

Right now, I would take anything that actually functions on a basic level. ._.

Aloha Gubblegum,
Here's the link to the old Inventory Arranger. You can use it as well as the new one and all changes will show on the other. Hope this helps. Oh, luv ur name btw. heart

http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory2/arranger/

h0urglazz's Wife

Married Hourglass

16,390 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hi there!
I just thought of something that could maybe be added onto
the new inventory arranger.
I realize I have many items that I have to
throw into the trash or donate.

If I could select multiple items and drag it into a "trash"
or "donate" icon, that would be easier. Not sure if it's a good idea
but just a suggestion for the future smile
Since I have been on Gaia for a while and admit to being a hoarder...categories would be wonderful. This way, I can make a bunch of "folders" to keep special items like "xmas event items", "anniversary items" etc... so if I am looking for a specific item from an event, I will have a tab for it.

Thanks for taking the time out to hear our opinions about things!

Also (I know nothing about making codes) but is it possible if those "folders" happen or something similar...could we just have access to those items at all times (changing an avi, trading, selling on the mp) instead of having to drag things out and in?

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I returned to the arranger just now, hoping it was working well enough to get some nice arranging done. I separated my white section into blocks I liked, then slowly started working black items into the same categories. AND THEN IT TIMED OUT. I had been working at it diligently for 30 mins or so and everything was looking intelligible, then it all rolled back...

Is there a way the page can auto-save on its own every five minutes, or do something like dress-up where it maintains the state of the page while you're using it, and then grabs a fresh nonce once you hit save? Going to hope for more fixes before I touch my inventory again >.<

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
It's still kinda moving things around. Just not to the end of my inventory anymore. I sorted some new items into my pink and saved - that all went fine - but when I went to the following page, the first handful of orange items that got bumped back were all jumbled.

So instead of moving back as pants - shorts - skirts - belts it was like pants - shorts - belts - skirts - belts - skirts - belts.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly. :X I can take screenshots next time I try if that would help the devs see what I'm talking about.

Fashionable Prophet

This might be a bit much, but what if there were a way for users to add their own tags to items they own or to make groups of items for later reference. For example... a lot of items that I consider "Halloween" or "Witch" aren't actually tagged as such. It would be great if I could lump together sets that I feel work as part of a group for my own reference.

It might also be nice to have a new slot in avi set up for more complex items... like Demonic Armor for example an item may be listed as a hat or a top even though it's actually several different garments. I don't really have a huge problem with the current system, but it would be nice to always know which items are set up that way. Otherwise they tend to get lost in the mix.

I'd also love to see recolors or group objects (like the emote masks) auto-group. ... That would be nice.

These are just some thoughts. Thanks for reading ^u^

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
So... is this the best it gets??? I have been leaving the original link to the old Inventory Arranger on this thread and working with both old and new. I have over 10,000 items! It appears that the Old Inventory Arranger has been disconnected! crying gonk No warnings, no notices, no updates... Are you even listening? Or, was this Forum just set up to quell and pacify while the "bugs were worked out"??? The bugs are still here and now we still don't have an Inventory Arranger that works right with all our implemented suggestions. Very disappointing...

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I would like the opportunity to mass delete things. And mass sell things with a goldshop price.

Divine Demigod

12,850 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Hi Admins! I just want to suggest something...
How bout a batch unpacker?
Let's take for example the Gates of Olympus (25 pack) item.. I have 12 of these, of course i got it from mp. i suggest when opening such items as this we just have to click ONE unpack button, enter how many items we will unpack and just give us the list hence a window will just say to us, you have recieved 300 gates...

also an unpacker/opener of such items esp. RIGs that doesn't have a story in it. Let's use the 300 gates, instead of opening 1 by 1, which loads inventory (300 times in this case), we just have to open one, select how many items we will open and give use the list of items we got after opening... It's such a hassle opening/loading/opening items like bundles and RIGs...

How you consider this...

Texting Emoter

Suggestion - just give us the old inventory organizer back. This new one is an absolute nightmare for large inventories. I have over 10,000 items which were once organized so I could actually find things and are now scattered everywhere because they re-arrange all the pages if you try to organize page 1. The old organizer may have been slow to use at times but at least it didn't cause a massive headache.

Hilarious Gaian

11,590 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dear admins,

Is the sellback item option found on the inventory arranger disabled for Gate of Olympus? I havenĀ“t sold back even one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff