13,475 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
strawberryalice
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice
My inventory used to be so organized.
Then this thing launches, and now it's completely out of whack.
Every time I buy new items, the only way to put them where I want them is to use the temporary storage,
then save, then place the items in the places I want to put them in.
And here's where my biggest problem is:
Once I have everything put where I want,
I go to load my inventory, and everything's been scrambled out of order.
I've dealt with this so much, and my inventory is no longer so neat and organized like it used to be.
The old arranger takes forever to use, and this new one is just as useless!
I can't even keep my inventory looking nice anymore, because every time I go to organize it, things get placed where I didn't put them and end up scattered all over the place.

Amen to that!

It's annoying. I had it perfectly organized before the new launcher. Now when I add stuff, items get pushed to a different page and scrambled out of the order I put them in.
I gave up.

I was reading in a different forum that if you select the option to show all items on the page and then arrange them to how you want it the items will stay where you put them but its a temporary fix until they work on the glitch.

Source

Moonlight Nerd

22,200 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
*checks out the new arranger*

User Image

*continues to use the really really really old inventory arranger*

Demonic Darling

13,590 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
It would be nice if your temporary storage box and perhaps the locker/house boxes scrolled with you. I don't use temp storage as much as I would like because the things I want to put in it are so low in my inventory list that I can't see the temp storage box anymore.

Friendly Hoarder

9,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I had spent lots of time arranging my items by Type in the old method - even though I imagine it might be added later - there currently isn't even a way to see what an item's type even is. I know it isn't a big issue for most people, but I like having all my Torso items together, all my Legs, all my Coats, etc. The current system doesn't let me do that at all.

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice
Every time I buy new items, the only way to put them where I want them is to use the temporary storage,
I've dealt with this so much, and my inventory is no longer so neat and organized like it used to be.
I can't even keep my inventory looking nice anymore, because every time I go to organize it, things get placed where I didn't put them and end up scattered all over the place.

Amen to that!

It's annoying. I had it perfectly organized before the new launcher. Now when I add stuff, items get pushed to a different page and scrambled out of the order I put them in.
I gave up.

I was reading in a different forum that if you select the option to show all items on the page and then arrange them to how you want it the items will stay where you put them but its a temporary fix until they work on the glitch.

Source

Aloha,
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. It's been rough, but i think once this is finished, we're gonna love the new arranger. But until then... AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! (SIGH) wink

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
ShadowShicho
*checks out the new arranger*

User Image

*continues to use the really really really old inventory arranger*

HahahaHaahaHAA!!!! rofl THAT IS BEYOND FUNNY! lol Thanks for the chuckle! 3nodding heart

Moonlight Nerd

22,200 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
MeleKeli

HahahaHaahaHAA!!!! rofl THAT IS BEYOND FUNNY! lol Thanks for the chuckle! 3nodding heart

I'm glad this gif still gets chuckles emotion_yatta
I didn't quite get that frustrated, but if I didn't stop when I did, I'd probably do something violent like that to something near me. emotion_donotwant

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Zero Omega
Hey Gaians,

Our new inventory arranger is out for everyone! Please take a moment to try it out! In order to keep the initial release as simple as possible we have opted not to include some features such as sorting by categories. However, we plan on updating the inventory arranger further based on your suggestions and how important they are to you. So we'd like you to take this time to provide some suggestions for what you want to see next for the inventory arranger. Please let us know the following:

• What you would like to see included in the inventory arranger.
  • How important it is that you feel the suggestion is to be included in the next inventory arranger update.

We will be keeping track of this thread and taking down your feedback!

I would love LOVE! to have the page options at the top of the page as well as the bottom.
When I open my inventory I usually want to sort new items or sell something I just got. It can be quite annoying to scroll down, change page, then scroll up to the top (since it doesn't automatically do this)
Please! Would love it!

Shirtless OTP

21,475 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Peoplewatcher 100
There's one problem with the inventory arranger that bugs me a lot. Apparently every time I put something new into the 1st page, whatever is the last item of the 1st page gets pushed to the bottom of the 2nd page. It mixes in with the stuff I have to sell so I have to drag it back to the top every single time.

Aside from that, I actually liked the old way of selecting multiple items before the 'fix'. It made things a lot easier being able to select items one at a time, since most everything I get from RIGs are scattered. With the new method, it's really just moving rows of already organized stuff around. I would probably suggest having both options available?

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Aloha to my Gaia Ohana (family/friends), Programmers and Gaia Admin!! heart

It's been a while since I've seen any updates from admin. Would it help you if we were to have a weekly review of our suggestions formatted in a Summary to save you the time and effort of having to go through page-by-page and reading duplicate suggestions? Also, could we identify when we could expect to get updates? I think it would help calm the frustrations many are feeling and would make for a cohesive team, yes? 3nodding

I would be very interested in volunteering to be on a team that submits a Weekly Summary if we could set up the dates. (Unless this is already been done and I missed boat... if so...yikes and point me in the right direction!)

So my Gaia Friends, what do you think about this idea?
question

Wealthy Businesswoman

13,000 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
TAKE IT BACK PLZ

okay :deep breath:

I hate it.

I organize my things even in the temporary storage and put it where I want hit save and the next thing its one two or six pages where i want it. not only that when i go to save it say it can't save changes

this sucks

with the last version it use to take minutes to organize my stuff now it takes hours and it does not do it right.

seriously take it back and give us the old version.

Wealthy Businesswoman

13,000 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice

Amen to that!

I gave up.

Source

No temporary glitch is to blame its the formatting of the code.

The coders thought to use a already source code and add some things on to it without think to look at the original source code and see that it is not meant to be played with.

They are basically messing with someone else work and trying to do little of their own. What stupid punks, what they are doing is something my brother use to do and its childish.

If they want to update something updated the arranger itself make it easier to use or something don't mess with a heavy source code.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice
Hysteriavitis
strawberryalice

Amen to that!

I gave up.

Source

???

There isn't an option like that from what I saw (and I don't even know why I was quoted...).

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

Kai LittleBlackSmith
For temporaries: -Link to the Ancient One-

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I had a MESS in my invo!!! now is organized again crying

(need to order everything by color... and have ++6000 items... so figure)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff