Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think there should be a seperate section in gaia community for the gay topics.
its hard enough to find the ones you want to and it would make other sections less crowded. xd
I think the Chatterbox would be the best place to chat with your fellow homosexuals. You could also try a guild. 3nodding I'm sure that there are a few.

Space Werewolf

Would there be a Straight Forum, a Bisexual Forum, and a Confused Teenagers forum too? >_>

...Seriously, now. People have suggested separate forums for each religion, sexuality, political view, etc. and it's not going to happen. If you want to find others like whatever you are, go to the Chatterbox or another social forum; if you want to argue your views about it go to Extended Discussion.

Garbage

Guilds & Subscriptions are great for finding topics you want. Just join a gay guild or subscribe to the specific threads you want to keep track of.
the thing is that its realy hard to find the things your looking for in the chatterbox
there may be some gay threads but they may not be what your looking for
then you have to search and search until you find something
and i still havent found what im looking for
will there be a forum for gays and lesbos or will that be seperate because i mean come on... if gays talk about guys and lesbos talk about girls then they have nothing in common to talk about exclaim
Here's a great guild you can go to. smile

Genius

What actually makes a gay topic "gay," and why is it neccessary to create a section that excludes non-gay membership... And even creates a larger target for the a*****e flamers and religious trolls?
I'll go out on a limb here and assume that he doesn't want to exclude heterosexuals, just have threads focused around gays. razz

Edit: It's Gay Pride Month apparently! cool
Call me kooky, but segregation never was a very bright or effective idea. sweatdrop
Tsukiyomi
Call me kooky, but segregation never was a very bright or effective idea. sweatdrop
I doubt you could call granting the Gays of Gaia their own subforum "segregation". Hell, they have their own cable network.

5,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Trader 100
Wisdom of the Mountain says: Specific discussion interests that are too narrow to be of use to the majority of Gaians are best served by Guilds, not new Forums.
Nek0jin
Wisdom of the Mountain says: Specific discussion interests that are too narrow to be of use to the majority of Gaians are best served by Guilds, not new Forums.

That pretty much summed it up.

Specific groups shouldn't get their own forum, cause then you'd have to make forums for everyone else and if you didn't you wouldn't be "equal." Thus making it an all or nothing deal. Guilds be the best bet.

5,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
... I doubt this would be implemented, but I feel that some of you are missing the point.

It's not that he wants a section of the forums where only gay/lesbian/bi/transgender people can post, and have all homosexuality-related threads moved there, thus separating them from the other posts, but rather wishes for posts on and related to those catagories to be highlighted, so he could find them easier.

It almost makes me wish that coloring in your thread-title could be implemented, so perhaps a certain forum organizes itself that debates are blue, questions are purple, recommendations are orange, pic-threads red, etc., so then within chatterbox perhaps threads that are open/directed at homosexuals could choose a particular color for themselves (Purple?), and that would highlight in the manner he wishes without making a new forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff