Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blazing Battler

The new astra tiger and cat ears seem confusing at best and like a lazy, dishonest bait and switch at worst? Observe:

Thumbnail - Animated Pose - Still Pose
User Image User Image User Image

-The item icon for "Tiger" ears shows rounded ears with a pale spot on the back over the Astra star. The actual astra pose is just a recolor of the original cat ears from Belle/Curiosity, pointed with no spot, the still pose is the rounded ear with the spot.

- The item icon for the new "cat" ears is also rounded ("cats" have pointed ears, if we're talking about domestic cats), so is their still pose, but they also have the Belle recolor shaped astra pose, which for them makes more sense, unlike the "tiger" ears, but it's still funky to have such a different still and animated pose.

I'm really disappointing that the still pose for the "cat" ears aren't pointed, and on the other hand, I know there's some people feeling a little cheated that the preview icons are blatantly misleading for the Tiger (and cat) ears. In addition, many of the astra poses are noticeably different colors from the still pose, not just different shapes or patterns, a problem that the original Belle/Curiosity did not have?

I really do like that we got all these ears finally, but I feel like Gaia can't do releases anymore without something that looks dishonest or careless thrown in to taint it.

^^' *hides*

Jae Jin-ah's Oppa

Pokejinka Horangi

I was extremely excited to see Tiger ears as well, but like you said... disappointed when I realized in Astra form, they were still the Belle's type. I absolutely adore the Astra ears, don't get me wrong... I want most of them... just ye, felt a bit let down the still pose was more smoothed only to have the animated sharpened.

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I honestly expected no more from Gaia. Luckily I have the 3 Belle cats so no need to waste my money on a recolor. But yea, pretty underwhelming. They're nice and all, but the rounded tips should be for Tigers only and they should be animated. And the colors should be correct. This goes without saying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff