Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
"...

I'm a big lurker when it comes to forums, so I only post if I feel strongly about something. I am very much so aware that there are plenty other feedback threads on this subject, but I feel the need to say what's on my mind. Alchemy has been out for 6 months now and I've seen very little attention given to the enormous outcry of feedback. This is depressing, and I do realize that not everyone will agree with the points I'm making. This is simply my opinion of what should and should not happen when it comes to the Alchemy system.

So my feedback is as follows...

The whole point of alchemy is taking s**t and turning it into gold. Therefore I see absolutely no reason for Cash Shop items to be Alchemy components for formulas under the 9/10 level. Even then, I see absolutely no need for use of items that were over 1 or 2 dollars. I'm strongly against any use of MC, RIG, high dollar, or otherwise any type of chance item being used for Alchemy components. Even the fails. If you take gold and turn it into silver, then there's no point to the system. I also strongly urge that any cash shop item used should be a permanent resident in the Cash Shop or the Bifrost. Something like a zOMG! Revive for example.

Speaking of the Bifrost, I have to say it's being exceedingly underused. In general, I'm against the entire concept of chance in this system. One of the major points of alchemy was to be a grand goldsink, correct? Then how come so few gold shop items are components? I feel that many, many, many more components should be available either from a gold shop, zOMG!, towns, word bump, fishing and etc. I feel many more of the items from the Golden Magical Giftboxes, Alchemist's Case, and Philosopher's Caches should be available in the Bifrost. That's not to say that I think everything should be cheap. I can easily see the prices in Dernier Cri. I think GMG, AC and PC should be reserved for 8/9/10 level Alchemy components. I also don't like how you have to craft each one of those (except for the very very rare exception of getting one in DC), and would much prefer the actual items themselves available in the Bifrost. OR make the formula MUCH easier, since they are the basis of the entire Alchemy system as it currently stands.

I really do not approve of how the Backwings formulas are situated right now. I feel that the entire backwings formula was made out of pure spite and hatred. If you want them to be hard, then troll the userbase with something like the Aurora Kitten Star formula. If you can't tell I am strongly, strongly, strongly against such formulas. I am also strongly against the current Crown of the Thrice Great formula, along with many other formulas that use vast amounts of rares and rares from the Cash Shop. I completely understand that you would like some higher formula to be challenging...so why not have the cost be something more like 25 of Ania's Wedding Gown? Or maybe 2 or 3 Roses of Mare gowns? Is that too easy for you?

As the system stands right now it takes about 100mil of gold to get to level 10. No. Just no. Even if that has decreased a bit, I see absolutely no reason for that number to be any greater then 20 mil. Why do I choose that number? Because that's my entire account's worth. I would much prefer Alchemy to be something like 10-15 mil to completely level. I think this would be enough of a challenge for most Gaians without strictly pandering to the richest of the richest Gaians. I also feel an overall balancing of formulas vs items is in dire need. Again, turning gold into silver is foolish. I would also like to see better scaling. A level 1 formula should NOT be the same thing as a level 10 formula. Or hell, even a level 2 formula. They need to increase gradually, with the tough parts at the very top.

Finally, customer service is in startlingly short supply. A lot more communication between the staff and the users is necessary. I believe this is needed for the entire site, but especially when it comes to Alchemy. I've seen way too many people rage-quit due to Alchemy specifically. I've been reading a lot of exceedingly poor excuses from the staff on this subject. We don't want to hear them. Ever. Actions speak much louder then words, and Gaians as a whole have been receiving next to no action and an over abundance of lip service. Please re-evaluate how you treat your users, otherwise this website that we've grown to love will be left an abandoned rotted shell of what it once was.

tl;dr: Honestly if you don't have the time to read this, you probably don't care about what users think about Alchemy.

..."

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I agree with you about cash-only items being used in some of these formulas. Cash-only items have no business in alchemy. This just makes items, like the fail ones from rigs, more rare and expensive.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Bravissimi! You nailed everything on the nose, and precisely too.

Now, to await more noise and no action from Gaia's end.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Bravissimi! You nailed everything on the nose, and precisely too.

Now, to await more noise and no action from Gaia's end.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

"...

Thanks, that's some statement coming from you.

/waiting~

..."

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Well put User Image

I just don't see the logic in refusing to use zOMG loot, trash, flowers, credits, tickets, gold shop items and Denier*Cri in ways that would actually encourage user participation instead of pandering to people that never leave the Exchange or drop $1000-2000 on this site over the course of a very short time.
Kawaii Tsukino
"...I really do not approve of how the Backwings formulas are situated right now. I feel that the entire backwings formula was made out of pure spite and hatred. If you want them to be hard, then troll the userbase with something like the Aurora Kitten Star formula. If you can't tell I am strongly, strongly, strongly against such formulas. I am also strongly against the current Crown of the Thrice Great formula, along with many other formulas that use vast amounts of rares and rares from the Cash Shop. I completely understand that you would like some higher formula to be challenging...so why not have the cost be something more like 25 of Ania's Wedding Gown? Or maybe 2 or 3 Roses of Mare gowns? Is that too easy for you?
..."

I was wondering the same thing, actually....

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Gonna have to throw more than two cents at them, unless they're made with 2 tons of gold each...

That aside, well said. 3nodding

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
For about the past three months, whenever someone would mention Bifrost, I would have no idea what they were talking about since basically none of the recipes in that shop are craftable.

Pokekaiju Catcher

38,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pokekaiju Catcher 500
-applauds-
This is exactly what several friends (who are very active in gaia), and I think.
Gaia's idea of alchemy is nice, but only to an extent.
Like, I've seen some of the alchemists on gaia,
and they've already made themselves that mother F***ing Aurora kitten star.
0n0
The murder of kittens for that thing.. it's horrible.
; -;
Well, other than, I continue to applaud on your opinion of the matter.

Kawaii Detective

I agree.

Some people do go after the fail items for quests. Why cause it so that these items become more expensive to users? It makes no sense to me.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Agreed 100%. It's the artists' fault for making the components in the Golden Magical Giftbox rare in the first place. Every item in the GMG should have an equal chance. Out of the 9 GMGs I opened, three of them were Mouse Ears. This pissed me off greatly. Crafting GMGs isn't worth the effort if I'm going to be getting a 2k item. I'd rather just buy and sell in the exchange.

******** that, every component should be available in the Bifrost. Yes alchemy is a gold sink, but this is ridiculous.

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sasune
Agreed 100%. It's the artists' fault for making the components in the Golden Magical Giftbox rare in the first place. Every item in the GMG should have an equal chance. Out of the 9 GMGs I opened, three of them were Mouse Ears. This pissed me off greatly. Crafting GMGs isn't worth the effort if I'm going to be getting a 2k item. I'd rather just buy and sell in the exchange.

******** that, every component should be available in the Bifrost. Yes alchemy is a gold sink, but this is ridiculous.

"...

I also agree that GMGs, cases and caches should only drop Alchemy components. I've received lizard tails quite a few times myself. Then again I have a problem with chance items in general. Of course I was hoping that Alchemy would be a way to ESCAPE chance items instead of ENCOURAGE them. emotion_facepalm

I also wouldn't mind one bit if every component was in the Bifrost. However I doubt 9/10 level components will ever be in there. It just seems like something Gaia wouldn't be willing to compromise on imo. Still I wouldn't mind nearly as much if I could pick up GMGs for something like 10k a pop in the shops.

I also think that right now Alchemy is acting as a very poor goldsink, since most of the items are being traded from person to person. There's a lot more potential that simply isn't being realized. It doesn't help that there only seems to be a handful of people making vital giftboxes/caches/cases. There really needs to be more alternate paths all around that are quicker and more fair to everyone at the very least.

..."

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I so agree. But the again, I don't agree with the users who are so passionate about their argument, yet go and try to obtain the formula and work on it? I personally find that contradicting. If they're trying to prove they're martyrs or something, I don't think Gaia will care. If anything, Gaia will just continue to troll the forum because people will complain but take the chocolate anyways.

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ephemeral_Dream
I so agree. But the again, I don't agree with the users who are so passionate about their argument, yet go and try to obtain the formula and work on it? I personally find that contradicting. If they're trying to prove they're martyrs or something, I don't think Gaia will care. If anything, Gaia will just continue to troll the forum because people will complain but take the chocolate anyways.

"...

Personally I gave up after several months of failing to get past level 3. Like most other users who tried their hands at Alchemy I spammed level 1 formulas and now we're all just kinda dead in the water. Event formulas don't even give you experience, so right now it's rather useless to me. Actually I don't think I've made a single formula that was level 2 or higher. sweatdrop

From what I gather most people are just making the items in order to make those items that haven't been released otherwise. Unless Gaia keeps releasing formulas en mass I suspect Alchemy is going to become very stagnant if no changes to the system are made. Even then, it seems like the only people using Alchemy are the people with shops, in which there really isn't that many. People may use those shops for items, but at the end of the day the only people using the actual Alchemy system are the people that had the millions of gold to spare to get to high levels. emotion_facepalm

..."

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Ephemeral_Dream

Hm I can't agree with this opinion(second part)...It is too black and white to accurately portray what's going on here.

Most people have formulas rotting because they can't do anything with them. Others are giving valid feedback after attempting to use the "system"...I am one of those people. This system is nuts and unfair.

It's not suddenly an invalid point if they're trying and can't get anywhere...so they give feedback/their opinion on the topic.

Not an insult...just a thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces