Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got banned for hacking last night, but I've never hacked in my life.
They didn't even send me an email telling me why I got banned. I found out through a mod.
They were quick to ban me, but they're gonna take their sweet old time getting to my ticket.
If I would have filed it under billing, I would have had the ticket read by now.
Most mods don't bother to PM you back.
Club Verge is an elitist group based on the in real life cash you spend.
Because I was banned, my reputation and items are gone.
They act like they really don't want to ban you, and then they don't tell you why or help you fix it.

Fashionable Genius

lucifiere v2
I got banned for hacking.

You don't say?
Elizabeth of York
lucifiere v2

You don't say?

What's that supposed to mean?

Invisible Gaian

14,525 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
lucifiere v2
Elizabeth of York
lucifiere v2

You don't say?

Maybe after you bought the expensive Club Verge things, some hacker got on your account to steal the things, and maybe they banned the hacker and all the other accounts the hacker had used, including stolen accounts like yours. It's a possibility.
I don't mind if you </3 me, but wrongful banning is a serious problem on this website.
Tansee
lucifiere v2
Elizabeth of York
lucifiere v2

You don't say?

Maybe after you bought the expensive Club Verge things, some hacker got on your account to steal the things, and maybe they banned the hacker and all the other accounts the hacker had used, including stolen accounts like yours. It's a possibility.

I wasn't in club verge :c
But yeah maybe something like that happened? My account wasn't exactly poor.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
There are a couple of things I feel I have to say:

First, the reason why you were banned quickly is because of the reason you were banned. Hacking (and I'm not saying you did it or not) is a very serious thing. They have to ban those who are believe to have hacked quickly to stop them from hacking others and moving/selling the hacked items.

Secondly, tickets are it's first come, first serve. They will get to your ticket in time. Plus it will take time for the Mods to look into your case. You just have to be patient. How long ago did you make your ticket?

Thirdly, Mods are all volunteers. So they have lives and jobs outside of Gaia. Did you send the PM to a Mod who is online at that time? And even if you did the Mod you PM'd would have to have the time to look into you ticket and case. Most (not all but most) of the Mods I send a PM to answer me back.

Fourthly, what does Club Verge have to do with this? o.0

And lastly, you may not have hacked someone but you may gave bought an item(s) that was from an account that was hacked. So it made it look like you hacked someone else.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
lucifiere v2
I don't mind if you </3 me, but wrongful banning is a serious problem on this website.

Prove it was wrongful.

“Does this hurt? Of course it does, that’s why I’m going to keep doing it.”
Calelith
lucifiere v2

Prove it was wrongful.

Well for starters, I've never hacked anyone.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
lucifiere v2
Calelith
lucifiere v2

Prove it was wrongful.

That's not proof.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

lucifiere v2
Calelith
lucifiere v2

Prove it was wrongful.

That doesn't really help you here. Any "hacker" can say they never hacked anyone. I'm not saying you did, but what you're saying is not making it look like your statement true.
Calelith
lucifiere v2
Calelith
lucifiere v2

Prove it was wrongful.

That's not proof.

how do I prove that I haven't done something? they haven't even given me the details as to what even really happened. how am I supposed to defend myself for that? I don't even think they're going to give me a chance to say my side.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
lucifiere v2
Calelith
lucifiere v2
Calelith
lucifiere v2

Prove it was wrongful.

That's not proof.

how do I prove that I haven't done something? they haven't even given me the details as to what even really happened. how am I supposed to defend myself for that? I don't even think they're going to give me a chance to say my side.

Let the mods do their job and finish the investigation. If you're innocent you'll get your account back if you're not, well you have your current account.

Eloquent Conventioneer

I disagree with Gaia's "guilty until proven innocent" policies on bannings, and I don't think that asking her to prove she didn't do it is very fair, considering she doesn't even know what activity on her account caused them to conclude that she had hacked someone.

How can one defend themselves or produce an alibi if they have no idea what day, or situation, was in question?

That's like saying "a man was killed in your neighborhood, prove to us you didn't kill him or you're going to jail for life" without giving the accused a time, date, or the manner in which the man was murdered.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
One Winged Asuka

Almost everyone says "I'm innocent" when they'd been banned by Gaia and majority of the time it comes out that they weren't innocent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces