Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nmls's Other Half

With the zomg having been gone for some time now...
as a regular gaian, I strongly wish that we had more games where
we can interract more with other gaians,

such as.......
Board Games: monopoly, scrabble, battleship, checkers, chess, etc.
Card Games: Speed, Slapjack, Spoons, etc.
Misc Games: Mini Golf Putting, etc?

I, for one, would go on gaia more often if these games were on here xD
idk... what do you guys think? : /

Omnipresent Phantom

♥♋♡
∰ ♡ Cee says ◦◔ ⩊ ◔◦ ☛

We have puzzles, blackjack, slots and
several other games that you can talk
to the others in the room with.

zOMG! just had it on a larger scale and
was not limited to space in the game other
than server space.
It also had a story, something that wasn't
mind-numbing and more chance to make
new friends.
I think that what we need is either zOMG! to
be brought back or another MMO made for
Gaia.
Because, as you said, more people would be
on Gaia if there was and it wouldn't be easily
labeled as boring here.

☚ ◦◕ ᴥ ◕◦ so listen ♡∰
♡猴♥

OG Noob

Agreed! I remember when Gaia used to have things such as movie theaters and other things for people to interact more. Majority of the announcements / events going on now days is primarily based off of items and what not which gets pretty boring after a while (Coming from an old-timers point of view aha..). For example, the whole dragon event thing that didn't even allow that much of an interaction between Gaians other than in the forums.

Angelic Star

8,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
New games would be great to have. We need things to do on this site aside from posting in the forums. But the games you suggested are licensed. If I'm not mistaken EA has the rights for use of them on Pogo.com. But Gaia can make us some new games. Or update some of the older ones. I'd like to play slots if it were updated so there are multiple pay lines.

In a relationship with eat chu up

Smoker

I would love this so much heart
I'm surprised gaia doesn't have something like 'Draw my thing/Draw somthing'
It would be really fun to doodle with my friends on here.

Liberal Fatcat

I'd just hope said new games would stay for more than a few months. They seem to have a track record of releasing new games and then later scrapping them, while continuing to ignore their original games that could surely use some updating.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I would like Gaia to get new games like Old Maid. It was my favorite game on another site before it shut down.

But if Gaia were to add new games they'd most likely be forgotten about like the games that have now.

Devoted Healer

A scrabble game would be awesome.

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I strongly suggest gaia investing in a new MMORPG game for the site to replace zOMG

Nmls's Other Half

Samsas_KuroGrell
I strongly suggest gaia investing in a new MMORPG game for the site to replace zOMG

yaaaas seriouslyyy : O

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
II Aigoo II
Samsas_KuroGrell

Or atleast put mini games in towns 2 to give us something to do other than to wander around and chat

Nmls's Other Half

Samsas_KuroGrell
II Aigoo II
Samsas_KuroGrell

Or atleast put mini games in towns 2 to give us something to do other than to wander around and chat

Mhmm : D
and plus, there are lots of gaians here (including me) who are timid to approach first so one of the best ways to get along with other gaians is via playing games together : o

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
II Aigoo II
Samsas_KuroGrell
II Aigoo II
Samsas_KuroGrell

Mhmm : D
and plus, there are lots of gaians here (including me) who are timid to approach first so one of the best ways to get along with other gaians is via playing games together : o

Thats how I made every single one of my friends here was through crewing with people on zomg. Now none of us even talk...

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
I would LOVE something like a board game.
Obviously they have to be careful with licencing and such, but something that can be played together would be good.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Neopets made a board game. I'm not sure how that really turned out since i don't go on there anymore, but I think they figured out a way to make money from it.. Make limited tokens you can only use if you buy some tangible plush toy.
Gaia might be more suited to just throwing the tokens in the cash shop and making them LQIs that would be resold after 6 months or so, (and dont make them cost too too much)
and people would be all over that if it becomes the main played game on gaia, like zomg did.

The main problem is being original with it while still making it 'worth it' to play. Given our current economy you'd probably have to make winning give like 10b at least.(which might sound like a lot but given that board games can take a long time to play through...) And increase if the economy gets substantially worse...
Anyway, originality. Don't just make some monopoly clone. You guys still own the rights to the story and such in zOMG, no? You could make some mixture of the lore from there and your site's general lore, like jack, jack frost, sandman, santa, easter bunny, diedrich, gambino, zurg, grunnies... etc.
There's no doubt it would be profitable if you make LQI tokens for people to play as. I wouldn't make an entry fee, but if you do (because people like the illusion that goldsinks will help stop inflation) make it small. Like 100m or something.
Don't do gcash powerups or turns skips or crap like that, though. People who can't/won't do gcash would consider it cheating, and everyone hates people that cheat at board games.

That's of course if you can do this anyway. I'm honestly not sure if you have people with the required skills, and if you don't, you don't seem interested in aquiring such individuals... given your lack of recent game developments.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff