Welcome to Gaia! ::

I warned someone about an oversized sig, but he likes to ignore me on purpose. So I wanted to report him, and guess what? No online mods eek

I don't know why they are offline so often, but it's obvious that gaia needs more mods. So that at least 1 mod is online at all times, more would be even better.

And no, I'm not volunteering to be one if that's what you're thinking

Hygienic Consumer

Just because a mod appears offline, does not mean they are.

As far as I know, the hunt for moderators is an ongoing process - the admins don't just snap their fingers and fifty people get given the intelligence and responsibility to magically fix the problems of a hundred thousand people.
Kermi

As far as I know, the hunt for moderators is an ongoing process - the admins don't just snap their fingers and fifty people get given the intelligence and responsibility to magically fix the problems of a hundred thousand people.
that would be cool, no more n00bs whee

Only a select few people can select a user to become a mod, but I can imagine they're very busy as well with other things so they don't have too much time to hunt for new mods.

Maybe gaia should add a button to everyone's signature "Report this signature"....just like the threads and posts confused

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
did you check all forums and subforums?

The mods also have lifes, so they cant be on all the time.
And If I'm not wrong, they just added some mods too
i would love too be one heart
Kermi

and herein lies the problem.
I can understand why a mod would want to hide their status and escape from the constant pestering.. however, they're useless as a mod when not shown as online. And we need moderators to be active. Badly.
They can't go about stressing that we should only pm online mods.. when we can't tell which mods are online and which aren't due to faux-offline status. confused
There are plenty of mods, but I think the issue is that there are plenty of mods that are not very active on the forums compared to other users. Mods have lives too, but maybe some are just too busy with IRL stuff to devote enough time to modding?

Anyway, to answer your question... just send a report in. It will be read and fixed.
stop dragon my cat around
No, you think you want to be one. If you saw all the work they had to do, you most certaintly woulnd't want to do it... All those reports to go through, all those PMs... It boggles the mind.

Hygienic Consumer

Oni Aeon
stop dragon my cat around
No, you think you want to be one. If you saw all the work they had to do, you most certaintly woulnd't want to do it... All those reports to go through, all those PMs... It boggles the mind.
Honestly, I half wish they'd make mods out of anyone who says they want to be one, just so we can see them crack a week later. It'd be the fastest way to seperate the wheat from the chaff, seriously.
I checked all forums, and at the time non was online.

Maybe they are indeed all appearing as offline, but you always have to PM an ONLINE purple mod. That's hard if they all appear as offline. I always thought gaia had plenty of mods, and they wouldn't be so stupid to pick people in the US only. They of course also planned on having at least 1 mod be online at all times confused Oh well *shrugs* I guess that guy was lucky, he changed his sig after all anyway

Original Sex Symbol

Mistress_Pooky
There are plenty of mods, but I think the issue is that there are plenty of mods that are not very active on the forums compared to other users. Mods have lives too, but maybe some are just too busy with IRL stuff to devote enough time to modding?

Anyway, to answer your question... just send a report in. It will be read and fixed.
No, actually there is not plenty of mods. Some areas are backed up with week old reports. That doesn not happen when we have enough mods. neutral

We need more. We need thise that aren't able to commit SOME time to Gaia regularly to be demoted, and then replaced with people who have time to deal with reports.
[Vi]x2 Section
Kermi

and herein lies the problem.
I can understand why a mod would want to hide their status and escape from the constant pestering.. however, they're useless as a mod when not shown as online. And we need moderators to be active. Badly.
They can't go about stressing that we should only pm online mods.. when we can't tell which mods are online and which aren't due to faux-offline status. confused

They only stress to pm an online mod so that the problem is solved quickly. I pm offline mods all the time, because I am patient- an overlarge signature is not an emergency, and does not need to be dealt with as soon as I see it.

As for hiding status- you truly misunderstand why mods do that. They do not hide their status just to get away from the workload. They hide their status so they can work on the report queue. If they couldn't do that, they would never get out of their PM boxes to look at the reports. This quote in particular: "however, they're useless as a mod when not shown as online" is actually insulting to anyone who pays attention and knows what mods are doing when they are "offline."

We just got new mods. Literally four days ago. They have to train and get used to their positions before any noticeable difference will be seen- you cannot expect people to step into that position and suddenly be able to do everything at once like a mod from 2003.
Also though, the offline/online thing has been rather misleading. In the forums and the lists, a moderator doesn't show up as online, yet I've never hidden my status and I'm most definitely online right now. Clicking into a mod's profile is the only way to truly tell whether they're online or not.
Not A Bad Idea x3
I'd Be A Good Mod,
I Even Go On Gaia At School!
I Barely sleep Because Of Gaia...
And i've Wanted To Be a Mod For
A Long Time Anyway!

Yes, Let's Up The demand For Mods!
Maybe I'll Have More Of A Chance Then x3
Gaia always needs more mods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items