Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do we need more/better hairstyles for guys?

Yes 0.92258064516129 92.3% [ 143 ]
No 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 5 ]
Maybe 0.025806451612903 2.6% [ 4 ]
Dont Know 0.019354838709677 1.9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 155 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Though I'd never, ever turn down a mohawk, I really like the look of curly hair on my avatar, too. The Prince of Thieves item has some of the best looking curly hair for guys on this site, period. I'd love to get more curly styles like these:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bleeding Apocalypse
Though I'd never, ever turn down a mohawk, I really like the look of curly hair on my avatar, too. The Prince of Thieves item has some of the best looking curly hair for guys on this site, period. I'd love to get more curly styles like these:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

O. Hayes. Goshnesses. YES PLEASEEE heart 8D

I love dem curly hair'd dudes. emotion_donotwant And all the curly hair on this website, most of it is long [[ which makes the avatar look like a girl.. ]]..or a mullet-looking type of curly hair. Srysly. emotion_donotwant

Buggy Mage

Bleeding Apocalypse
[/img]
Thanks man, those are great samples. Very suave! I'll add them immediately. : )
I looked on Tektek and these are the only curly-ish or curly hair for dudes [[ there's a couple more but there not much better ]]:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After this picture, Henry died of a bad hairdo. cat_sad RIP, Henry, you brave sucka cat_crying

Buggy Mage

Hayes28
I looked on Tektek and these are the only curly-ish or curly hair for dudes [[ there's a couple more but there not much better ]]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After this picture, Henry died of a bad hairdo. cat_sad RIP, Henry, you brave sucka cat_crying
lol Really describes the Situation. I've added some new styles btw. The catagories with stuff added will have a new tag. whee

Buggy Mage

Bleeding Apocalypse

Excellent, I got the styles that everyone suggested added plus a lot more. I put those two in the Curly hair section. I just went ahead and put a new tag on the categories that had styles added.
I was definitely lacking on curly styles but I'll continue to add as I find or am suggested them.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think we need better hairstyles for both sides. A lot of the styles for girls I don't like.

Buggy Mage

Twisted Time Lord
I think we need better hairstyles for both sides. A lot of the styles for girls I don't like.

They really do. I wish they'd start doing some more avante garde styles there's a ton of really cool one's that I came across while searching for artistic hair-styles. Some of them are pretty far-out but just so full of raw creativity. The Gaia Artists could create their own take on many of those styles to tone down the intensity if they wanted or even mix and match. They'd probably make something really amazing. Though, I guess popularity is a factor but Hardly the most important. It is art after all. 4laugh

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fire 0ak
Twisted Time Lord

They really do. I wish they'd start doing some more avante garde styles there's a ton of really cool one's that I came across while searching for artistic hair-styles. Some of them are pretty far-out but just so full of raw creativity. The Gaia Artists could create their own take on many of those styles to tone down the intensity if they wanted or even mix and match. They'd probably make something really amazing. Though, I guess popularity is a factor but Hardly the most important. It is art after all. 4laugh

I had a wonderful rant going in response but alas, sadly my laptop randomly acts up and flips to other pages without my permisson. Damn you Acer!! Anyway it was along the lines of open mindedness and most people on gaia these days love mix matching the different items to make unique items that speak to their individual personalities and creativity, they don't like making generic styles. If you think about it on gaia our avatars are kind of like a part of our souls I suppose. Not saying just cause a guy has a girl avatar it means he secretly wants to be a girl but it may show a secret passion for clothing style design or something lol. If gaia was more willing to listen to all our ideas instead of just the ones that seem like they are in the highest demand I bet they would get an increase in profit they were not expecting.

Buggy Mage

Twisted Time Lord
Fire 0ak
Twisted Time Lord

I had a wonderful rant going in response but alas, sadly my laptop randomly acts up and flips to other pages without my permisson. Damn you Acer!! Anyway it was along the lines of open mindedness and most people on gaia these days love mix matching the different items to make unique items that speak to their individual personalities and creativity, they don't like making generic styles. If you think about it on gaia our avatars are kind of like a part of our souls I suppose. Not saying just cause a guy has a girl avatar it means he secretly wants to be a girl but it may show a secret passion for clothing style design or something lol. If gaia was more willing to listen to all our ideas instead of just the ones that seem like they are in the highest demand I bet they would get an increase in profit they were not expecting.

There's a good chance that would lead them to success but I think they should tread carefully. It's either hit or miss with some of these items so I truly understand their reflex to stay with the safe and reliable item strategies. I think the safest way they could make a new design move would be to hold more panels with the users regarding what items they want to see more of. I guess that does sum up the purpose of Site Feedback But Im thinking more along the lines of something like ATA. Everyone could vote on ideas that surfaced in the massive brain storming. I know the artists are extremely busy but it could help lessen the 'shot in the dark' factor that creative projects experience.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fire 0ak
Twisted Time Lord
Fire 0ak
Twisted Time Lord

There's a good chance that would lead them to success but I think they should tread carefully. It's either hit or miss with some of these items so I truly understand their reflex to stay with the safe and reliable item strategies. I think the safest way they could make a new design move would be to hold more panels with the users regarding what items they want to see more of. I guess that does sum up the purpose of Site Feedback But Im thinking more along the lines of something like ATA. Everyone could vote on ideas that surfaced in the massive brain storming. I know the artists are extremely busy but it could help lessen the 'shot in the dark' factor that creative projects experience.

Yes I suppose that may make more sense, it just seems like some great ideas in fairly high demand have been constantly pushed aside since the beginning of gaia just because they are too focused on the most highly demanded things. They focus to much on numbers sometimes which while it is smart for overall business to air on the side of what worked in the past sometimes on once in a while occasions it could be good to go with maybe the second highest in demand or third.

Gallant Pants

9,850 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
dreamsk

Also, I don't think that any agape cuts make the hair any less feminine. emotion_drool Just shorter.

Some Agape'd hair only takes off one small portion of the whole style. Agape is a lie.

But to put in my two sense: I WANT ALL OF THESE STYLES. How awesome would it be to have Beethoven hair, seriously. In particular, I'd like to see more in the same vein as mohawks, like...chelsea hairstyles and pixie cuts with tinier spikes. I'm sick of huge honkin chunks of hairspikes. You can only do so much with stereotypical anime guy hair before it starts to look the same.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Still really wanting a goldshop knockoff of the hair from the dapper Gent
User Image

I'd love it in all black emotion_kirakira

mo' faux hawks and mohawks ftw

Buggy Mage

Slick Southpaw
User Image

More salon styles definitely! Hawks are awesome but there's so few good ones available, which is a shame. My favorite mohawk currently is probably xen the dragon. Although maybe not just that alone. If Gaia started doing more CIs that had similar styled hair but in solid colors and with the full treatment of shading and detail that would be amazing. I love the subtle sheen that Sweetheart Sweeper and Zealous Engineer's hair has. Def some of my recent favorites.
Claude's hairstyle too but I just can't stand the streak. Its just that, If my hair was naturally vibrant green like that I would be pretty psyched about it and definitely not dye it. lol Maybe if it's been green all your life but then there's probably colors we couldn't even fathom in his universe. He'd probably dye his hair one of those unimaginable colors if anything. I understand they want to try other styles for hair besides flat color but why not save that for colors we already have a ton of?
I really hope to just see a different trend in CI hair styles because the whole hair to one side emo cuts As much as do like them, have been redone more than their fair share of times. Please Let some other styles play Gaia Artists! I'm really hoping these styles get more than one chance at CI glory. Pie Hard just pains me. It's the perfect style for a male avatar! Besides that scarf. and Meili's Is really cool guy style too if you could only cut off the pigtails. gonk

Gallant Pants

9,850 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Slick Southpaw
User Image

HNNNGH, yes please!

Quick Reply