Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, so during one of the kickstarters, we unlocked limited time items in Loyal's Shop. I don't really remember exactly which one it was, but I believe it may have been the Elysium's Gate one. Apparently I was wrong, someone pointed out to me it was the Beach Party kickstarter.

As a result, the items Kira's Eyes, Myth of Fennec and Celestial Deputy were added to the shop with the claim they would all be leaving on July 24th, after which they wouldn't be appearing directly in the shop again.

Since that time, the Kira Eyes were taken out (about a day or two late), but the other two items have remained. It is now over two months past July 24th, and Loyal's Shop has had several updates since that time.

Here is a screenshot of the announcement, as well as a link to the actual announcement itself.

There is also the matter of the Project Old School, which was supposed to have left the shop on July 22nd. The single-item version was taken out, but the ten pack still remains. Link to the announcement for the Project Old School.

Wow, and another that was brought to my attention. The Gambino Outfitters Grab Bag in Gambino Outfitters, which was supposed to leave the shop on April 30th

I'm certain that none of these were intentional and probably an oversight, but could the items that are supposed to be limited please be taken out? I know these are only gold shops and probably low on your priority list, but if you advertise something as only being available for a limited time only and then never take them out of the shops, it's discourteous to people who invested in them.

As far as suggestions go, I'd like to ask that more care please be given in the future to limited items in the gold shops. I can understand a couple days or so in forgetting to take them out of the shop, but over two months is a bit excessive. I know they're only gold shops, but even the free shops should have the same care for limited items as the cash shops do.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
its a curse
BFA
Pardon?

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

XxDaemionxX
its a curse
BFA
Pardon?

It means "bump for attention/awareness," basically.
Beach Party Kickstart
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/beach-party-kickstart-ci-items-tiers-list-funded/t.92825309/

I think those were the limited edition items, but Gaia still hadn't put any limited quantity items in Loyals yet, where it's the quantity of the item itself that is limited.

' Unlock exquisite limited edition items for Loyal's Bazaar!'
and
' Unlock Limited Quantity Items for Loyal's Shop Only'

Were two of the unlocked tiers.
Winsorize
Beach Party Kickstart
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/beach-party-kickstart-ci-items-tiers-list-funded/t.92825309/

I think those were the limited edition items, but Gaia still hadn't put any limited quantity items in Loyals yet, where it's the quantity of the item itself that is limited.

' Unlock exquisite limited edition items for Loyal's Bazaar!'
and
' Unlock Limited Quantity Items for Loyal's Shop Only'

Were two of the unlocked tiers.
Ah, I see. Thank you for pointing out the right kickstarter. I couldn't remember which one it was off the top of my head, but I did remember it was a reward for completing a tier off of one of them.

I don't remember seeing any limited quantity items in Loyal's, either. I'm pretty sure those haven't been released yet, though so much time has passed I'm not sure if they're going to anymore. I do wish they'd at least take the limited edition items out, though. I'm not sure why the Kira Eyes were taken out but the other two weren't. I think there's a CI in there still, too, that was supposed to have been taken out awhile back, but I could be wrong on that one.

guns and wings

Oh, I see. Thank you! Much appreciation for the explanation.

Tipsy Smoker

I am against them being taken out, so no.
Chahklet
May I ask why?

I don't like the idea of regular items being taken out, but these were clearly advertised as being limited time only. I think if something is advertised as being limited, even if it is a gold shop item, then it should be just that.

Edgy Trash

XxDaemionxX
Chahklet
May I ask why?

I don't like the idea of regular items being taken out, but these were clearly advertised as being limited time only. I think if something is advertised as being limited, even if it is a gold shop item, then it should be just that.

Well, I mean...

You know how Gaia has been releasing all of these bundles and whatnot that include old monthly collectibles like the Angelic Halo and the Steel-Plated Ninja Headband? Once upon a time, those items were advertised as "limited edition" or "available for a limited time only". And now there's the expectation that such items are made available to people who, of course, have infinitely deep pockets of real cash or gold.

If Gaia were to take out items that existed prior for a "limited time only", they'd probably lose out on some cash... probably piss off a bunch of newer users who weren't around for those items, too.

Tipsy Smoker

XxDaemionxX
Chahklet
May I ask why?

Because it should be available to everyone. The problem isn't them allowing the item to stay. The problem is them making it limited in the first place.
Queen Monochrome

Well, I mean...

You know how Gaia has been releasing all of these bundles and whatnot that include old monthly collectibles like the Angelic Halo and the Steel-Plated Ninja Headband? Once upon a time, those items were advertised as "limited edition" or "available for a limited time only". And now there's the expectation that such items are made available to people who, of course, have infinitely deep pockets of real cash or gold.

If Gaia were to take out items that existed prior for a "limited time only", they'd probably lose out on some cash... probably piss off a bunch of newer users who weren't around for those items, too.
I've never been a fan of that either, but there's little I can do to change that. The MC's being resold however, at least have some level of being limited with the fact that they're not constantly available. They get re-released often enough, but there are still periods of time where they're not available and when they do get released they're usually fairly expensive. They're not as limited as they once were, no, but it isn't as though they are always there, in the CS, being sold for $2.50.

These items were advertised as being available for direct sale in Loyal's Bazaar for only two weeks. It was worded in a specific way that, while they wouldn't be available for direct sale in Loyal's Shop again, it was still an option for them to be released in other ways. I wouldn't care if they were re-released in other ways, but I still think they should be taken out of the shop.
Chahklet
Because it should be available to everyone. The problem isn't them allowing the item to stay. The problem is them making it limited in the first place.
I see. To me I don't see it as any different than the limited items in the CS or the MC's that come out every month. The only difference being is that these were for gold vs. Gaia cash.

Though I don't share your opinion, thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
XxDaemionxX
Alright, so during one of the kickstarters, we unlocked limited time items in Loyal's Shop. I don't really remember exactly which one it was, but I believe it may have been the Elysium's Gate one. Apparently I was wrong, someone pointed out to me it was the Beach Party kickstarter.

As a result, the items Kira's Eyes, Myth of Fennec and Celestial Deputy were added to the shop with the claim they would all be leaving on July 24th, after which they wouldn't be appearing directly in the shop again.

Since that time, the Kira Eyes were taken out (about a day or two late), but the other two items have remained. It is now over two months past July 24th, and Loyal's Shop has had several updates since that time.

I'm certain this wasn't intentional and probably an oversight, but could the items that are supposed to be limited please be taken out? I'd also like to suggest that in the future, if limited items be added to the shop again, could there please be a bit more attention put into making sure they're taken out on time? I understand a day or two, but two months is a bit excessive. Again, I understand it was likely a mistake, and not intentional, which is why I am simply asking if a little more attention could be given in the future.

Here is a screenshot of the announcement, as well as a link to the actual announcement itself.

You also forgot the Project Old Schools which were set to leave at the end of July. The singles left, but the 10 pack is still available.
Berryfarmer
XxDaemionxX

I'm certain this wasn't intentional and probably an oversight, but could the items that are supposed to be limited please be taken out? I'd also like to suggest that in the future, if limited items be added to the shop again, could there please be a bit more attention put into making sure they're taken out on time? I understand a day or two, but two months is a bit excessive. Again, I understand it was likely a mistake, and not intentional, which is why I am simply asking if a little more attention could be given in the future.

You also forgot the Project Old Schools which were set to leave at the end of July. The singles left, but the 10 pack is still available.
Yeah, I mentioned that in an earlier post, but I couldn't remember which Project it was and if it was actually supposed to leave the shop or not.

Thanks for the information! I'll look for the announcement for the Project and add that to the first post, too.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
XxDaemionxX
Berryfarmer
XxDaemionxX

Yeah, I mentioned that in an earlier post, but I couldn't remember which Project it was and if it was actually supposed to leave the shop or not.

Thanks for the information! I'll look for the announcement for the Project and add that to the first post, too.

Already went looking once I posted.
Here you go. It said leaving July 22nd.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas