Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright. Yesterday, I was posting some things. I was getting into a topic about rabid anime girls and most forums have the Reply button in the corner. Instead, it has the "report this" button. So, by accident, I pushed it and submitted what I wanted to POST... in the report box.

Well, I panicked. But someone reassured me that they wouldn't do anything of it. So, I leave it for a couple hours... I return, and I've recieved a letter. It was from one of your moderators that said exactly this:

"If you put this post up instead of the quote, you can and will be banned."

So here are my two complaints:

1) You should move the button to a more easier spot. Most forums put the reply button on either the top or to the left(Ones that I've seen) and make it a little more clearer. Maybe brighter. Or something. So that mistake doesn't happen again. Or you can put it on top! Ah well.

2) I felt a little bit insulted by the moderator's reply. I'm sure she was doing her job, which I can understand and she must have gone through this every day. But it was a mistake, it was MY post that was suppose to be a reply, not to report... well, my own post. And I felt a bit offended that she assumed and didn't really, well, ask.

That is all. I'd appreciate if anyone would get back to me and thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Alevan, AKA Amy

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
You should probably take this to the Site Feedback forum. This is for assistance and asking questions.
Alright, thank you. I wasn't sure where to put it anyway. I'll move it.

EDIT: Nevermind. You moved it for me... thank you!
I did the exact same thing. The mod didn't say anything to me though.

I've done it once, though the Mod who picked up my report was posting in the same thread so they understood.

The button is easily mistaken though. All you can do is be careful and double check.
umm... right eek
All I have to say is that you obviously weren't paying very much attention to where you were clicking OR where you were typing. The report page looks absolutely nothing like the post a reply page, so I really don't understand how people can mistaken them for each other and continue to hit that "report this thread" button at the bottom. sweatdrop
Jeseia Moretia
All I have to say is that you obviously weren't paying very much attention to where you were clicking OR where you were typing. The report page looks absolutely nothing like the post a reply page, so I really don't understand how people can mistaken them for each other and continue to hit that "report this thread" button at the bottom. sweatdrop

I agree since it doesn't have the BBcode or Topic Reveiw.
Well. SOME boards have the reply post on the side where the Reply button is. And they have the report button on top. It isn't where you mistaken it, it's what you know and usually press on instinct. Thats what happened in this case.

That was my suggestion, I'm more ticked about being told to be banned for a mistake I made moreover, really. :/
nananalalala

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces