Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Valheita
Oh boy, animate a RR4 divinity and you'll start giving people nerdons.

Exactly- it would appeal to everyone, not just zOMG fans. People would be all OMG BACKWINGS

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Mizzlamiz
Valheita

Exactly- it would appeal to everyone, not just zOMG fans. People would be all OMG BACKWINGS
More than OMG Backwings.

OMG, EPIC ANIMATED BACKWINGS.

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Valheita
Mizzlamiz
Valheita

More than OMG Backwings.

Teflon spray I can see being popular too. I know I got excited about the Curse of the Grey Wizard or whatever it's called. I wish I'd managed to buy that :'( I would love to be able to trun my avatar a different colour.

*goes to suggest a moodlight item*

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Mizzlamiz
Valheita
Mizzlamiz
Valheita

More than OMG Backwings.

Teflon spray I can see being popular too. I know I got excited about the Curse of the Grey Wizard or whatever it's called. I wish I'd managed to buy that :'( I would love to be able to trun my avatar a different colour.

*goes to suggest a moodlight item*
Only problem I forsee with Divinity is that animated items always layer infront of the avatar crying

But oh my, Fire Rain would be loved *w*

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Valheita
Only problem I forsee with Divinity is that animated items always layer infront of the avatar crying

But oh my, Fire Rain would be loved *w*

Could have it with or without the blue glow I guess. I'm getting excited I really want these items now...

omg, the purple running away glow thing *nerdgasms*

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
*re-iterizes the hatred for animated avatar items*

I just want things that are simple that would draw people in. As fantasimal as some people think animated avatar items are, simplicity sells best when you consider the effort that goes into everything. And TIME is of the essence if you wanna save the game.
No, Gaia just needs to shut down ZOMG because it is a waste of time and money.

Why should Gaia create new ways to make money in ZOMG when it has a super small player base.
Why bother? Gaia can create more money by making a Facebook game then they can updating ZOMG neutral

Also the reason why so many people are not interested in ZOMG is because ZOMG first of all does not even feel like a MMO game.
It is totally different from the mass amount of MMO games out there (Only weapons are rings, your avatars items mean nothing in game, you can not set up shop in game, alot of the monsters auto attack you even at low levels, you have to party up with people alot to kill certain monsters and there is no class system.)

People expect there to be weapons to pick from in a MMO game.
People expect to be able to buy armors and other equipment to help them boost their stats in different ways in a MMO.
People like to be able to sell all game items in the MMO game.
Auto attacking monsters at low levels would turn away alot of new players because of how annoying it would get. Low level monsters are meant to be easy and not auto attack or gang up on you.
Alot of people like to solo MMO games or just do not like playing with other people that much and so would like to be able to solo now and again.
From my own past MMO games, all of the MMO games which I have played have had a class system.
Not having a class system can turn away alot of players because it is not what they are used to, AT ALL.

Look, for alot of people ZOMG is just to different or hard....etc from the mass amount of other MMO games out there and plus ZOMG is not even that long.
Oh and it is also a 2D game and not a full 3D one.
2D MMO games normally get less players then 3D ones, unless it is super great of course.

If other games on Gaia out match ZOMG in player base such as Rally then it shows that ZOMG is just a waste of time and money.
There is no point in even trying to keep it around anymore.
The staff size for it keeps on growing smaller over time and less and less gets done.
It shows that Gaia finds other things more important then ZOMG such as new Facebook games or new RIG items.

Face it, Facebook games bring in far much more money then ZOMG ever will and the CEO of Gaia used to make or be apart of certain Facebook games so with him there, more Facebook games will come out and ZOMG should be left in the dust.

Remember that Facebook has over 300 Million users on it and any games on there are certain to bring in far much more money then ZOMG will here, which has a smaller player base then Rally.

300 million to about 4000 users for ZOMG on Gaia (Yes this is a guess and I am sure that there are less users playing ZOMG then 4000.)

Now which one should Gaia focus there attention on more?
The one which brings in the most money and has the most players?
The one which has a super small player base and does not bring in much money at all?

Hmmm confused

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
babytans6534
Also the reason why so many people are not interested in ZOMG is because ZOMG first of all does not even feel like a MMO game.
It is totally different from the mass amount of MMO games out there (Only weapons are rings, your avatars items mean nothing in game, you can not set up shop in game, alot of the monsters auto attack you even at low levels, you have to party up with people alot to kill certain monsters and there is no class system.)

*sigh*
You can create your own class through use of the ring system.
There are plenty of soloists who take on a number of enemies.
There is already a MP and thus no need for a secondary MP for just zOMG items.
You don't wander into high level areas in other games and expect to live, why do you expect that here?

Quote:
People expect there to be weapons to pick from in a MMO game.
People expect to be able to buy armors and other equipment to help them boost their stats in different ways in a MMO.
People like to be able to sell all game items in the MMO game.
Auto attacking monsters at low levels would turn away alot of new players because of how annoying it would get. Low level monsters are meant to be easy and not auto attack or gang up on you.
Alot of people like to solo MMO games or just do not like playing with other people that much and so would like to be able to solo now and again.
From my own past MMO games, all of the MMO games which I have played have had a class system.
Not having a class system can turn away alot of players because it is not what they are used to, AT ALL.

There are weapons, they are called rings.

You can sell everything but the rings as rings are technically skills as much as they are arms and armor. Not something I agree with but I've managed quite well by simply playing the game.

Auto Attacking is pretty much the same as any other game you will find. You wander into a place the monster considers its territory and it will go aggro on you. Nothing different here. You're making up a point that isn't a point and also isn't a problem if you take the two minutes of thinking required to figure out that perhaps leveling is in order before you wander into a higher area.

A class system isn't required when you can build your own class from rings. zOMG makes you actually earn your class. I am an old school D&D, WoD, and Palladium player and thus very used to a class system. However, I find this game to be similar to the Elder Scroll series which had the very nice system of letting you pick skills and playing exactly the kind of class you wanted. However, zOMG takes it a step further and lets you change and refine that class.

The lack of a class system is actually a plus as it requires players to think a bit about what they want to do.

Quote:
Look, for alot of people ZOMG is just to different or hard....etc from the mass amount of other MMO games out there and plus ZOMG is not even that long.
Oh and it is also a 2D game and not a full 3D one.
2D MMO games normally get less players then 3D ones, unless it is super great of course.

Um, zOMG is one of the easiest games I've ever played, full stop. It is one of the easiest games I've had to teach to new clan members. You also seem to be unfamiliar with the popularity of flash games and thus need to do more research.

Quote:
If other games on Gaia out match ZOMG in player base such as Rally then it shows that ZOMG is just a waste of time and money.

*sigh* Quoting this stat is always a flawed argument. Rally gets more unique views but we lack stats on sustained interest with players. It is pretty much a chat room with the capacity to show off a car. We might as well compare Forum usage to zOMG usage if we want to bring up nonsense.

Quote:
Face it, Facebook games bring in far much more money then ZOMG ever will and the CEO of Gaia used to make or be apart of certain Facebook games so with him there, more Facebook games will come out and ZOMG should be left in the dust.

The last facebook game I remember was a crappy aquarium game that died the minute people couldn't get gold on Gaia anymore for it. I heard there was another game but I haven't seen jack or s**t about it, let alone played it. So I am going to ask for what cited facts you can bring to bear about the past monetary gains from FB.

Quote:
Remember that Facebook has over 300 Million users on it and any games on there are certain to bring in far much more money then ZOMG will here, which has a smaller player base then Rally.
Has a smaller unique visit count than Rally, big difference. Everybody and their mother got a free car and thus had a quick incentive to visit Rally once and realize that nothing was going on.

Quote:
300 million to about 4000 users for ZOMG on Gaia (Yes this is a guess and I am sure that there are less users playing ZOMG then 4000.)

You might want to actually find out what the userbase population of zOMG is before making a statement about something as small as 4k. I suggest more facts and less presumption.

Also, something about your post tells me that you didn't get very far at all in the game. Mostly it is the part where you are saying it is hard and complaining about monsters attacking you. I also wonder how many other games you've actually played since... Every single MMO I have ever gone into has monsters that will automatically go hostile on you if you get within range.

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
DeathWyrmNexus

Thankyou for saying this in a better way than I ever could have.
DeathWyrmNexus
*sigh*
You can create your own class through use of the ring system.
There are plenty of soloists who take on a number of enemies.
There is already a MP and thus no need for a secondary MP for just zOMG items.
You don't wander into high level areas in other games and expect to live, why do you expect that here?

There are weapons, they are called rings.

You can sell everything but the rings as rings are technically skills as much as they are arms and armor. Not something I agree with but I've managed quite well by simply playing the game.

Auto Attacking is pretty much the same as any other game you will find. You wander into a place the monster considers its territory and it will go aggro on you. Nothing different here. You're making up a point that isn't a point and also isn't a problem if you take the two minutes of thinking required to figure out that perhaps leveling is in order before you wander into a higher area.

A class system isn't required when you can build your own class from rings. zOMG makes you actually earn your class. I am an old school D&D, WoD, and Palladium player and thus very used to a class system. However, I find this game to be similar to the Elder Scroll series which had the very nice system of letting you pick skills and playing exactly the kind of class you wanted. However, zOMG takes it a step further and lets you change and refine that class.

The lack of a class system is actually a plus as it requires players to think a bit about what they want to do.

Um, zOMG is one of the easiest games I've ever played, full stop. It is one of the easiest games I've had to teach to new clan members. You also seem to be unfamiliar with the popularity of flash games and thus need to do more research.

*sigh* Quoting this stat is always a flawed argument. Rally gets more unique views but we lack stats on sustained interest with players. It is pretty much a chat room with the capacity to show off a car. We might as well compare Forum usage to zOMG usage if we want to bring up nonsense.

The last facebook game I remember was a crappy aquarium game that died the minute people couldn't get gold on Gaia anymore for it. I heard there was another game but I haven't seen jack or s**t about it, let alone played it. So I am going to ask for what cited facts you can bring to bear about the past monetary gains from FB.

Has a smaller unique visit count than Rally, big difference. Everybody and their mother got a free car and thus had a quick incentive to visit Rally once and realize that nothing was going on.

You might want to actually find out what the userbase population of zOMG is before making a statement about something as small as 4k. I suggest more facts and less presumption.

Also, something about your post tells me that you didn't get very far at all in the game. Mostly it is the part where you are saying it is hard and complaining about monsters attacking you. I also wonder how many other games you've actually played since... Every single MMO I have ever gone into has monsters that will automatically go hostile on you if you get within range.
No, people like to be able to pick a class and then they can have a mass load of different class chars to level up.
Also those games where you can pick your class, normally have a set of skills which go along with that class.

A game which does not even have a weapon shop, does not really help new players find which rings to use, to become the perfect class.

Strange I remember people always moaning about how ZOMG is not solo friendly and how the game forces you to team up with other people to defeat certain monsters.
I guess those people were just not any good at the game though :/

I know but most people like to be able to sell anything and this would mean rings to.

Did you see the line where I said "alot of the monsters auto attack you even at low levels" Please note the "EVEN AT LOW LEVELS"
In other MMO games the first monsters that you fight normally do not go auto attacking you and try to gang up on you.
I am talking about low level monsters auto attacking low level players in a group.
Most new players normally have to run away and what fun is that?

No, real weapons. This means weapons which you can see and your avatar can equip like in most MMO games out there.

Well then maybe the rings should come in "Weapon Boost" and "Def Boost" and there can be books or something for skills and so then people can sell the rings because they would not be selling the book skills but just the weapon/def boost rings.
Though if there was to be a selling section in the game, then they can input a feature where you can sell your rings with the skills but only if you are a certain level can buy the other ring which is also your level.
So it would be like a level requirement......etc.

I don't know what games you have been playing but normally there are monsters which will not auto attack you and will only attack you if you attack them.
As you level up the auto attack monsters normally start to show up but there is normally still some non auto attack monsters around.

People do not like to think when playing a MMO game and they do not want to earn their class.
They just want everything laid out before them so that they can go on with killing the monsters over and over again while learning new skills which come with their class.

Also, since there is no ring guide in the game (from what I could see) new players are not really going to know which rings to get.
The MMO games which I have played have a skill tree for you to look at.

ZOMG is the first Flash MMO game which I have ever seen.
I have only played 3D MMO games.

Well Rally does have a car game you know where you race your car and plus I am sure that Gaia came out with some Cash only car items or cars sometime ago for users to buy.
If it was just a chat room, then I do not think Gaia would of made Cash features for it.

I do not have any facts about money gains from Facebook because this is just me trying to guess.
Since Facebook games normally are quite popular and do normally bring in alot of money + how there are more users on Facebook, makes me think that Gaia makes more from their Facebook games then ZOMG cash items.

I had to guess the userbase pop for ZOMG because no one is ever going to know what the number is, now are they?
Or, do you know what the userbase pop is?

The MMO games which I have played are RoseOnline (About over a year ago)
Perfect World
Flyff (About over 2-3 years ago)
Voyage Century (Only got interested in this game because of the pretty boats. It does not really feel like a MMO game to me but PRETTY BOATS 4laugh )
RuneScape (Used to play it back in 2003)

Flyff and RoseOnline (Back when I played them last) They both had non auto attacking monsters at the low levels and as you went up in level the auto attack monsters started to show up but there was still some non auto attack monsters around.

Perfect Worlds low level monsters do not auto attack you apart from a few of them but since they are so far from each other, you do not get ganged up on and die, unlike ZOMG where the monsters can sometimes follow you from one screen to the next, bringing along with them even more monsters....

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Quote:
Did you see the line where I said "alot of the monsters auto attack you even at low levels" Please note the "EVEN AT LOW LEVELS"
In other MMO games the first monsters that you fight normally do not go auto attacking you and try to gang up on you.
I am talking about low level monsters auto attacking low level players in a group.

I know for a fact that the Village Greens aren't that hard to play and leveling up isn't hard. I also know that there are numerous safe spots throughout the various maps. I earned my way into the new maps as this game is not hard. At worst, you have to grind, which I understand isn't that different from any other MMO on the planet.

I know people who make mule accounts for successive playthroughs and I personally have made a number of mule accounts to replay the game and keep a bit of perspective on new gameplay. I found... That the game was just as easy the successive replays. I also didn't have to run that much. Then again, I made a point to learn monster level when I played the game. I can only suggest doing the same. You only have to run if you screwed up and screwing up is obvious to figure out.

See also, most fluffs don't auto aggro. Other monsters do but you are warned in the game about the danger of wandering about.

I am not trying to be cruel or patronizing but all I am seeing is that you thought the game was too hard. It really isn't and numerous people in the forums would be willing to help you. As for selling the rings, I already stated that I felt the rings shouldn't be soulbound but I also understand why they are. However, it is a moot point as you can farm and quest to get new rings easily. Every playthrough I have done was able to have the rings I wanted before CL 4.

As for real weapons, I don't see why you would want to encourage homogeneity of character appearance. It is one of the biggest things that turns me off of other games. At the end, my character will have the same wad of armor and weaponry to be "elite" as all the other elite twits in said game. Soooo why bother doing that? Gaia has always been about looking the way you want to look. That is the whole point of why your avatar doesn't look like mine and probably why you wouldn't even want to look like me if you could. A matter of taste.

Besides, do you REALLY want to call me daddy in the game? Anybody who has been here for a few years would be eons ahead of everybody else.

The other problem is that the rings allow for customization of class without sacrificing personal taste in appearance. This isn't something I'd prefer to give up. Especially when there are tons of ideas for auras, amulets, and specializations to allow for deeper customization of virtual character class. They simply need time and resources to be implemented.

Quote:
People do not like to think when playing a MMO game and they do not want to earn their class.
They just want everything laid out before them so that they can go on with killing the monsters over and over again while learning new skills which come with their class.

That is the saddest thing I've ever read in the history of gaming. MMO games have choices inside of character class and you tend to get hosed if you can't figure it out, IE thinking. Lobbying for the death of thought just makes me pity you... Especially in a game this easy.

Also, there are tons of ring guides in the forums. Again, you're not looking.

Quote:
Well Rally does have a car game you know where you race your car and plus I am sure that Gaia came out with some Cash only car items or cars sometime ago for users to buy.
If it was just a chat room, then I do not think Gaia would of made Cash features for it.

Rally has a racing game that I haven't seen anybody actually use in over a year. And you don't even know what Rally has released so why do you keep trying to use it as a point in a debate.

See also, Gaia made EIs and RIGs, which are solely for dressing up your avatar, full stop. Originally this had the singular purpose of looking different on the forums. So yes, Gaia would make Cash items for sheer vanity.

Quote:
I had to guess the userbase pop for ZOMG because no one is ever going to know what the number is, now are they?

Why don't you hit the forums and find out for yourself? Might be useful to know what you're talking about.

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
babytans6534
No, people like to be able to pick a class and then they can have a mass load of different class chars to level up.
Also those games where you can pick your class, normally have a set of skills which go along with that class.

A game which does not even have a weapon shop, does not really help new players find which rings to use, to become the perfect class.

zOMG while it doesn't have classes, it has ring sets... you have four rings to each set and these give you various bonuses which are laid out in the help section (bottom right of zOMG window.
Quote:
Strange I remember people always moaning about how ZOMG is not solo friendly and how the game forces you to team up with other people to defeat certain monsters.
I guess those people were just not any good at the game though :/

The only areas which you need a crew are the boss levels such as Duneslam, the Throne room etc. Duneslam and Deadmans Pass at least are solo-able at a high enough level and with the right rings.
They're the certain monsters. The rest of the game is fine for soloists, I'm very rarely in a crew unless someone happens to be farming the same area as me, in which case I crew so I'm not sharing drops.

Quote:

I know but most people like to be able to sell anything and this would mean rings to.

It's possible to sell the drops and anything that you make with the recipes.
Rings got soulbound due to inflation of the market-it was easy to go on zOMG for a few hours, and sell a really cool ring that you found for a massive amount of gold, and then buy an expensive gold item, leaving only the more expensive ones there.
I was one of the people doing this, I was dissapointed about them soulbinding the rings because I wanted to keep selling them towards quests wink

Quote:

First area = Village greens, of which only the left hand side at the bottom of the map has auto-attack monsters. Can level up using sandfluffs which gang attack you but only when one of their friends has been attacked, or by attacking flamingos, which never auto attack.

Also, higher level players have to run away from monsters too if they're not a high enough level to deal with them- eg CL 7.0 players and the anchorbugs. You learn to avoid them, it adds an element of forward planning when doing things in an area.

Quote:

No, real weapons. This means weapons which you can see and your avatar can equip like in most MMO games out there.

The whole idea is that the weapons are rings.
It would be awesome to have them equippable to your avatar and there are people who have been asking for this for a while.

Quote:

I don't know what games you have been playing but normally there are monsters which will not auto attack you and will only attack you if you attack them.
As you level up the auto attack monsters normally start to show up but there is normally still some non auto attack monsters around.

eg fluffs, flamingos, kokeshi dolls.

Quote:

That way of playing annoys me because of having to check what skills I have nad keeping track. I much prefer the orb system.

Quote:

Also, since there is no ring guide in the game (from what I could see) new players are not really going to know which rings to get.
The MMO games which I have played have a skill tree for you to look at.

Check the help section I mentioned earlier. Ring sets. Also, new players don't need to know what rings to get because they're new players and finding rings randomly, unless they're buying off of the MP for 100ks of gold?
It tells you about the ring when you view your inventory and select it, it tells you what it does at higher rage ranks, who it works on (allies/yourself/enemies) and whether it has a knockback effect. What more dyou want?

Quote:

ZOMG is the first Flash MMO game which I have ever seen.
I have only played 3D MMO games.

What does runescape run on? :S I thought that was flash? Not correcting you, I'd thought it was flash was all.

Quote:

Rally's boring, I don't think many people stay there for more than a few days except to chat, it's a crap game and is often glitchy anyway. Whenver I'm in if anyone asks for a race the majority of people in their laugh at them.

Quote:

I do not have any facts about money gains from Facebook because this is just me trying to guess.
Since Facebook games normally are quite popular and do normally bring in alot of money + how there are more users on Facebook, makes me think that Gaia makes more from their Facebook games then ZOMG cash items.

THe only way people knew about the gaia facebook games is through the gaia forums or through those peoples friends adding them.
Thus your presumption is probably wrong as zOMG will have a larger userbase than the gaia facebook games.

Quote:

I can hazard a guess that it's larger than 4k.
I have 185 friends, the majority of whom have been added for/through zOMG. I play rather infrequently, and add maybe 1/20 people who I interact with, which would make the people who I have interacted with be ~ 3000. Bear in mind that I'm in the UK, don't really stay on the same server much, and am on really infrequently in any case.

*done*

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
.~.Legal Bump.~.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
babytans6534
Actually, there's a way of telling how many users are playing.

Link

For example, when that guide was written on September 2nd, there were ~2000 people playing.

Conservative Dabbler

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but at present one has to be a member of Gaia to save any progress on zOMG, right? I can play as a guest, but not save anything. Well, I think they should open zOMG up to the general public. Allow anyone to save their progress, earn badges, buy zOMG items with cash and have their own in-game inventory without having to register on Gaia. Some people would gravitate here, naturally, those who don't would still be potential cash spenders on zOMG if given inducements. It could generate a lot more players, for one thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff