Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Valheita
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
A solution to this problem would be to make it so that players can't use the null crystal in SS.
So... we could only use it in areas that are already but a few seconds travel from a null crystal?

Yeah, I'd spend money on that .__.
Hmm, I see your point. Should of thought that through more.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
For the null crystal, why not just make it a one-way passage to the Null Chamber?
DeathWyrmNexus
CleoSombra
DeathWyrmNexus
Ring slot idea would be game breaking despite your concerns as you could just throw a passive ring on there and stamina be damned. *sigh*

Double Gold would ******** with the already inflation problem.

However, the Null Crystal isn't a bad idea.

n. I hear people say they make all this gold on zOMG, but the truth is that, per minute, booty grab is far, far more lucrative than zOMG, even when I'm in a very efficient crew doing Papa Saw. I might make 500-700g per minute in a papasaw run - I average about 2k per booty grab game.

The gold powerup would just be for drops - chests and boss rewards would be unaffected.

zOMG! needs money to keep going, and more gold is bound to be an incentive. While gold sinks are very desired, they aren't literally needed. Plus. . . if Gaia wants more gold sinks, it can make more gold sinks with relative ease. Increasing zOMG's revenue is hard - creating gold sinks is not.

*sigh* I think you missed the part where inflation is still a big problem with the MP. You are also hiding behind a blanket statement about money despite the fact that a gold doubler isn't a good idea for the site overall. Yes, it would draw cash but it would be a short term victory.

However, I already know the futility of explaining this so ******** it. Why not? Have a ball.

The inflation was due to booty grab, not zOMG. The reason I say this is that, when dolphins and watermeats were all over the place, when someone asked how to make gold, 99% of the time, the answer was "booty grab." zOMG! was not seen as the biggest money maker. In gold per minute alone, booty grab beat zOMG by a mile.

neutral

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Thisthisthis!

I would love to see more power-ups, for one thing. D:
What would the powerups do?

There's not really any need in zOMG! for more power-ups. The game is already a walk in the park.

Double Gold version of the orb doubler.

Null crystals, where you can drop one wherever you are, use it to hop back to the null chamber, and then go back through the portal (and then the portal disappears. I totally stole the idea from the game Fate).

Extra ring slot power up (60 minutes for one use, after that, the 9th slot fades out). Balance is definitely a concern here, but stamina plays a role in moderating that.
Double Gold would work. It's easy to code (Luck +100) and it's got a definite market.

Second one is super exploitable. You could use purely speed rings to get through to the EB, then swap them for more EB suitable rings mid-run. Town-Portal type skills work in most other games because you can't change your character by returning to town.

I dunno why anyone would pay for an extra finger myself - and that's the most extensive idea you supplied. You'd need to overhaul the UI, and quite probably change the levelling code, to say nothing of the time spent balancing it (which, given previous zOMG! precedent with balancing means nerfing it to oblivion). I don't think it'd be profitable. Now, if they had more rings, situationally valuable rings and a higher difficulty level, then yeah. I think it'd have a market.

Regarding the extra ring slot: I wasn't talking about rebalancing the system. As I stated in my post, stamina is a moderating role in the use of rings, although Wyrm pointed out that passive rings would sort of over-throw that.

As for the null crystal idea, in the game I was referring to, the character could, indeed, switch out armor and all that.

There's really nothing stopping people from doing a speed run and then changing their rings mid-way through. First half, everybody loads up on AoEs and kills everything. Then they kill themselves, one by one, switch out rings, and run back down. The only difference is the time factor, which is what the powerups are really for (to save time).
Really? Well, I guess if there's a market for it. I'd be disappointed if the game started letting people cheat for money though.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Keep it civil, folks.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
HyruleanHero
For the null crystal, why not just make it a one-way passage to the Null Chamber?
Because it'd be cheaper to kneel.

3nodding

Punching Bag

CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Thisthisthis!

There's not really any need in zOMG! for more power-ups. The game is already a walk in the park.

Null crystals, where you can drop one wherever you are, use it to hop back to the null chamber, and then go back through the portal (and then the portal disappears. I totally stole the idea from the game Fate).

Extra ring slot power up (60 minutes for one use, after that, the 9th slot fades out). Balance is definitely a concern here, but stamina plays a role in moderating that.

Oh man, the null crystal idea would be great. I'd get cash for a few of those. There have been many instances where I wished I had something like that.
Valheita
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Thisthisthis!

Double Gold would work. It's easy to code (Luck +100) and it's got a definite market.

Second one is super exploitable. You could use purely speed rings to get through to the EB, then swap them for more EB suitable rings mid-run. Town-Portal type skills work in most other games because you can't change your character by returning to town.

I dunno why anyone would pay for an extra finger myself - and that's the most extensive idea you supplied. You'd need to overhaul the UI, and quite probably change the levelling code, to say nothing of the time spent balancing it (which, given previous zOMG! precedent with balancing means nerfing it to oblivion). I don't think it'd be profitable. Now, if they had more rings, situationally valuable rings and a higher difficulty level, then yeah. I think it'd have a market.

Regarding the extra ring slot: I wasn't talking about rebalancing the system. As I stated in my post, stamina is a moderating role in the use of rings, although Wyrm pointed out that passive rings would sort of over-throw that.

As for the null crystal idea, in the game I was referring to, the character could, indeed, switch out armor and all that.

There's really nothing stopping people from doing a speed run and then changing their rings mid-way through. First half, everybody loads up on AoEs and kills everything. Then they kill themselves, one by one, switch out rings, and run back down. The only difference is the time factor, which is what the powerups are really for (to save time).
Really? Well, I guess if there's a market for it. I'd be disappointed if the game started letting people cheat for money though.

You see degeneration, others see strategy.

The act of switching rings before fighting the EB isn't new. It's been happening since zOMG came out.

Unholy Shapeshifter

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Valheita
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
A solution to this problem would be to make it so that players can't use the null crystal in SS.
So... we could only use it in areas that are already but a few seconds travel from a null crystal?

Yeah, I'd spend money on that .__.
Hmm, I see your point. Should of thought that through more.

I actually see potential with this.
Having it restricted to only usable outside of boss areas
(SS, Dead Man's Passage) it'd be useful in places/areas
further from the Null Crystal. Places like Otami ruins. I
remember how much of a pain it was to be in the temple
area and having to walk all the way back so I could upgrade
my rings. Having it one way to the Null Chamber is something
I wouldn't mind. The walk back isn't so bad if I cut out the
walk there.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
CleoSombra
The inflation was due to booty grab, not zOMG.

CleoSombra
I hear people say they make all this gold on zOMG, but the truth is that, per minute, booty grab is far, far more lucrative than zOMG, even when I'm in a very efficient crew doing Papa Saw. I might make 500-700g per minute in a papasaw run - I average about 2k per booty grab game.

Some times I wonder if you even listen to yourself from post to post. If Booty Grab is a problem for inflation, why would you want to suggest that zOMG follow?

It is why I said there was no point. *sigh* I think we can be done now.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
Valheita
HyruleanHero

3nodding

Then what would be the point in having any kind of null crystal?
DeathWyrmNexus
CleoSombra

CleoSombra
I hear people say they make all this gold on zOMG, but the truth is that, per minute, booty grab is far, far more lucrative than zOMG, even when I'm in a very efficient crew doing Papa Saw. I might make 500-700g per minute in a papasaw run - I average about 2k per booty grab game.

Some times I wonder if you even listen to yourself from post to post. If Booty Grab is a problem for inflation, why would you want to suggest that zOMG follow?

I feel that you're starting to come off impolitely. :/

I am not trying to say that zOMG! should follow. I am trying to express that Booty Grab was the cause of inflation, not zOMG. In part, because of the amount of gold earned per tank (I used to average around 2500g per dolphin tank), and in part, because of how popular it was. The first page would have a turn over every two minutes.

So, first off, even if someone was using a gold doubler, they wouldn't be making as much gold as someone booty grabbing. Closer to the amount of gold a booty grabber makes, but not as much and definitely not more.

Secondly, booty grab is free to play. A gold doubler would cost money. Only a fraction of the people on Gaia play zOMG! and only a fraction of people buy cash shop items. Not every single zOMGer would be using these power ups.

I don't see a big deal in more revenue at the expense of a little extra gold. :/

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
CleoSombra
You see degeneration, others see strategy.

The act of switching rings before fighting the EB isn't new. It's been happening since zOMG came out.
... How can the game tactic have existed since before the game?

Additionally, strategy doesn't involve bypassing the system which goes "No, you can't change your rings in the middle of an instance".

HyruleanHero
Valheita
HyruleanHero

3nodding

Then what would be the point in having any kind of null crystal?
Well you have activate exits to new areas somehow, right? Additionally, null crystals don't cost gold or cash, AND don't have the penalty of getting killed, so technically they're cheaper still, Most of the time.

@OP: If you really want to monetise zOMG!. I'd sell PvP tickets.

Invisible item you equip on your avatar. Travelling around zOMG! while wearing this item makes your avatar glow (different hues of glow can be purchased, perhaps). Glowing players may freely attack / damage glowing players, provided they aren't in the same team.

Here, we have PvP that's entirely optional, and makes the game money. And given how popular PvP is, I think it'd have definite marketability. Especially if a ticket only lasted say a month then needed recharging.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
CleoSombra
DeathWyrmNexus
CleoSombra

CleoSombra

I feel that you're starting to come off impolitely. :/

I am not trying to say that zOMG! should follow. I am trying to express that Booty Grab was the cause of inflation, not zOMG. In part, because of the amount of gold earned per tank (I used to average around 2500g per dolphin tank), and in part, because of how popular it was. The first page would have a turn over every two minutes.

So, first off, even if someone was using a gold doubler, they wouldn't be making as much gold as someone booty grabbing. Closer to the amount of gold a booty grabber makes, but not as much and definitely not more.

Secondly, booty grab is free to play. A gold doubler would cost money. Only a fraction of the people on Gaia play zOMG! and only a fraction of people buy cash shop items. Not every single zOMGer would be using these power ups.

I don't see a big deal in more revenue at the expense of a little extra gold. :/

You feel that zOMG should follow in Booty Grab's footsteps. I got that already. You also seem to think that the prevalence of power ups now on the MP wouldn't stay constant. It wouldn't be isolated and...

Wait, why the hell am I continuing this? Nvm...

Tipsy Exhibitionist

I reckon selling a few more premium rings would be okay, but they'd have to be really cool ones.

I dunno if they're working on a pet system for zOMG or what, but special rings that allowed players to summon Animated/other Gaia critters to do their bidding would be pretty cool. As the ring levels up the summoned creature would get stronger and/or stay longer per summon. You could have a specific ring for each zOMG monster. I reckon people would totally shell out at least five bucks a ring, and you just know some people would wanna get every single one, especially if you attached a class bonus for equipping multiple ones at once.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff