17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
Valheita
HyruleanHero
Valheita
HyruleanHero
For the null crystal, why not just make it a one-way passage to the Null Chamber?
Because it'd be cheaper to kneel.

3nodding

Then what would be the point in having any kind of null crystal?
Well you have activate exits to new areas somehow, right? Additionally, null crystals don't cost gold or cash, AND don't have the penalty of getting killed, so technically they're cheaper still, Most of the time.

When I say "null crystals", I'm talking about portable versions of the existing crystal. As for the activation, you'd still have to go the Null Chamber in the first place before you could use the power-up. The main reason for using them would be when you're in areas, such as Otami Ruins, where there isn't easy access to an actual Null Crystal.

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
They could do so much to make zOMG! more profitable, not just power-ups, they could make some kind of pet system, maybe make a portable place to rest where you're safe from the animated (like a tent) it would help people out when they're exploring and all the animated come at them, Maybe make some rings available in the Cash-Shop again (ex:Sweetheart), sponsorships would also work well! Make things to enhance rings, or something to change the ring's attack's color (some people would buy those either because they just can't stand the colors or to match a certain theme, or just as a status item). There's just so much that could be done.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
HyruleanHero
Valheita
HyruleanHero
Valheita
HyruleanHero
For the null crystal, why not just make it a one-way passage to the Null Chamber?
Because it'd be cheaper to kneel.

3nodding

Then what would be the point in having any kind of null crystal?
Well you have activate exits to new areas somehow, right? Additionally, null crystals don't cost gold or cash, AND don't have the penalty of getting killed, so technically they're cheaper still, Most of the time.

When I say "null crystals", I'm talking about portable versions of the existing crystal. As for the activation, you'd still have to go the Null Chamber in the first place before you could use the power-up. The main reason for using them would be when you're in areas, such as Otami Ruins, where there isn't easy access to an actual Null Crystal.
Oh, well then I dunno why you bothered asking me. I don't think the portable Null Crystal idea would work.

3,750 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ZOMG is cool....

3,750 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ZOMG is cool....

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Please, don't bump here. This thread is for the discussion on how to monetize zOMG!.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Chibi Mizu Thing
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Valheita
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
A solution to this problem would be to make it so that players can't use the null crystal in SS.
So... we could only use it in areas that are already but a few seconds travel from a null crystal?

Yeah, I'd spend money on that .__.
Hmm, I see your point. Should of thought that through more.

I actually see potential with this.
Having it restricted to only usable outside of boss areas
(SS, Dead Man's Passage) it'd be useful in places/areas
further from the Null Crystal. Places like Otami ruins. I
remember how much of a pain it was to be in the temple
area and having to walk all the way back so I could upgrade
my rings. Having it one way to the Null Chamber is something
I wouldn't mind. The walk back isn't so bad if I cut out the
walk there.

This is a good idea, I think. I'd rather not have to die in SS to get back to the Null Crystal myself; it's a pain in the a** to have to wait the time out to have my rings unlocked. I would think twenty five cents would be fair to spend on this to save myself some time.

You know, considering the increasing over all support of turning aspects of the game to profit, I'm surprised that Gaia hasn't yet implemented this. Perhaps we were too reluctant as a group early on? But clearly folks are more motivated now.

I'm all for sponsorships in the lower levels of the game and Barton Town. I figure the coding would be the same as the random events that happen already. Plus, I like doing sponsorship quests. The ones where I have to do more to get the item I remember more, so that's more exposure for the company requesting the ad.

I also support more powerups for cash. (People probably don't buy enough of them now.) and more rings like that Sweetheart ring. Possibly not for seven dollars, but more like five. I bet more people would be able to buy those at five dollars.
...This is true...but without a starting level new players are just going to rage quit we need on of the two things be for they can make money on zOMG

1.New starting level that truly tells you how to play the game

2.A kind and caring commity that will be teaching new players how to pla and not screaming OMG n00d u suk Trlololololol

[...The starting zone is still crap right? I have not heard of them changing it...]

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Alok Juro
...This is true...but without a starting level new players are just going to rage quit we need on of the two things be for they can make money on zOMG

2.A kind and caring commity that will be teaching new players how to pla and not screaming OMG n00d u suk Trlololololol

[...The starting zone is still crap right? I have not heard of them changing it...]
1. Indeed, the intro needs work. The devs know this and are working on it.

2. There are plenty of guides in the zOMG! forum.

Sparkly Spotter

9,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Alok Juro

yup still the crappy one. [ JK ] has implied in one of this threads however that they are reconsidering its reconstruction.
u know whats ironic though? qixter said that the only reason the tutorial is the way it is now is because people were too fed up with all the talk (guess they wanted more action)
I think another thing that has to happen...the devs need to type in system updates more often. so many people are unaware of their identities --& zomg's staffing situation. why? because they dont go on the forums ._.

im not so sure of power ups will go over too well (but..thats just me)
i really liked that PvP idea (...it was posted here wasnt it?). that seems to be the way to go, but wut would happen after the fight? what would the loser lose, and what would that be based on?
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Alok Juro

1. Indeed, the intro needs work. The devs know this and are working on it.

2. There are plenty of guides in the zOMG! forum.

1. I have not heard f them working on it in a long time...anyone remember the info boxes? the ones that gave rewards? what happened to them?

2. You are right...but when someone plays a new game they are trying to get used to it and the first thing they are told is you fail learn to play it kinda does make you want to stop playing it would take people being ok to losing at things like the gnome gen just so new players can learn [Some people are not going to learn by just reading]

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
[
Presumably PvP would be based on the same thing that most are and what's already in the game. Our red health meter. We attack other, whoever gets dazed first loses. Not that complicated an idea, really. Of course, there's also the trials we're getting in this Coliseum update: Speed trials, and collection trials. (To the best of my recollection.) PvP versions of those could also work well, based upon trials. The speed trial for instance would just be turned into whoever gets through it fastest. Very simple.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
They need to bring back Elizabeth's Barton quest. It was basically learn as you go.
MiIiyah
Alok Juro

i really liked that PvP idea (...it was posted here wasnt it?). that seems to be the way to go, but wut would happen after the fight? who would lose what, and what would that be based on?

Well....There could be death match, def the NPC or steal the flag to be honest I would play death match...on a another note I think them making prizes to the winner and I mean something like

both players placed 1000 gold winner gets 2000 gold

Edit Oh or who can defeat the most foes in the quickest time!
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
They need to bring back Elizabeth's Barton quest. It was basically learn as you go.

I want....what his name....flank? fred? rick? ....something guy on train back he is still a huge part of the story for one and he tells you the basics

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff