Ask the Admin discontinued 0.042956764295676 4.3% [ 154 ]
Other/Huh? 0.045188284518828 4.5% [ 162 ]
Total Votes:[ 3585 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 96 97 98 > >>

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Are they not making enough money via daily CS updates, etc? Why do they have to keep ruining the gold economy?

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
Barnbrat

Stop it. You're making me sad. sad

I have so much nostalgia with this site it's unreal. I freaking hate what its become. It doesn't even FEEL like the same site anymore. It feels cold and lonely. The site use to have such a happy, fantasy feel to it.

Rich Smoker

Lol ikr fk gaya

Amorous Lover

15,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
Kyle Riley
Barnbrat

I have so much nostalgia with this site it's unreal. I freaking hate what its become. It doesn't even FEEL like the same site anymore. It feels cold and lonely. The site use to have such a happy, fantasy feel to it.

I agree. I remember back in the EARLY days of Gaia. back in 2004.
What Gaia has become is VERY disconcerting. It is an insult to what it used to be,
Gaia is now little more than a money-maker. The people in charge care little for the people who use the site, and care more about lining their own pockets. Its sad, really.

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
I REALLY hope the reason they're lowering the prices on gold generators and spewing them out left and right with so-call "higher payouts" is because more and more people are finally refusing to buy them. Hopefully it's a bad attempt to encourage folks to invest in them before they give up on the gold generators entirely and remove them from the cash shop.

Am I being to optimistic? sweatdrop

Sparkly Friend

6,925 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Flatterer 200
I came back to this site after a year hiatus (still waiting for my old account to be restored, 4 months and counting. Thanks Gaia). I saw how expensive items were and was tempted to buy one of the gold generators. I read the forums as I thought about it.

Then decided: NO. I am making the pledge right now to NEVER buy a gold generator. Helping alienate the users on this site that don't have the option to buy them is something I refuse to participate in.

Items on the marketplace in the BILLIONS???? Remember when 1 mil was a lot! That sure changed! And the lack of devs and admins responding to users and their concerns is the other problem.

The quality of this site has plummeted. I stay involved due to nostalgia and the kind userbase (for the most part). I've been on this site since 2004!! Ten years!! The changes on this site that I noticed upon returning are not good.

Don't really know what my large point is...just that my enthusiasm in this site is abysmal.
GreeneyedPhantom
I REALLY hope the reason they're lowering the prices on gold generators and spewing them out left and right with so-call "higher payouts" is because more and more people are finally refusing to buy them. Hopefully it's a bad attempt to encourage folks to invest in them before they give up on the gold generators entirely and remove them from the cash shop.

Am I being to optimistic? sweatdrop

Hmm.... I think people aren't buying gold gens as much as they use to, and for several reasons.

One of which, from a marketing standpoint is baffling that there is more than one gold gen out in the cash shop. They do the same thing, with only differences in payout, they are pretty much competing with themselves. If they are judging their numbers by units sold on each item that probably does affect how the numbers look.

Speaking of competing ads, if most people are on a spending budget they are going to have to make choices. The gold gens are also in competition with whatever Gaia is releasing in items. People may complain that what is being released isn't that great, but if it's something you want, you might want that over the gold gen. With GoFusion out that is just going to add to the.. where do I spend my GC money. Also, some of those packs are in the four digits, I don't think they're going to get brought when compared to an item in the three digits.

That being said, as someone pointed out, you could buy an item on the GC and earn just as much or if not more (and it wouldn't be as much of a gamble), in gold using the MP.

Economy reasons aside, there's a lot of incentive just from a marketing standpoint not to buy a gold gen.

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
Michel the shade
Kyle Riley
Barnbrat

What Gaia has become is VERY disconcerting. It is an insult to what it used to be,
Gaia is now little more than a money-maker. The people in charge care little for the people who use the site, and care more about lining their own pockets. Its sad, really.

Yeah. I actually joined in '04. I miss it. The site seemed almost magical. Now? Not so much.

Obsessed Lovergirl

WTF Gaia?
GoFusion... you have to buy the "charms" from the cash shop to craft the items.

Listen if you wanted to do a lets craft stuff into items... you should have updated Alchemy....

I'm so done with this site.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_facepalm

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
I wonder if there's a graph showing how many gold gens are being sold. Hopefully not that many lately if the prices of GGs in the cash shop and the sheer number of them are anything to go by.

It feels like a desperate attempt to sell more gold gens or a last-ditch effort to cash in before trying another way to take our money.

Amorous Lover

15,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
Kyle Riley
Michel the shade
Kyle Riley
Barnbrat

Yeah. I actually joined in '04. I miss it. The site seemed almost magical. Now? Not so much.

Oh, totally!
I'm only sticking around, by this point, for RP. This is where I met and RP with most of my RP partners so......*shrugs*
If if weren't for them, I would have been long gone. As it stands now though, even that might not be keeping me here much longer.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Pile of Gold. Seriously, Pile of Gold? emotion_facepalm
GreeneyedPhantom
I wonder if there's a graph showing how many gold gens are being sold. Hopefully not that many lately if the prices of GGs in the cash shop and the sheer number of them are anything to go by.

It feels like a desperate attempt to sell more gold gens or a last-ditch effort to cash in before trying another way to take our money.

Unfortunately there's no way to keep track of those kind of sales unless Gaia wants to be forthcoming, which is unlikely.

Though it seems like it doesn't it? I wonder why they aren't taking the others down though. I mean compared to 1 tril, the others might as well be chump change, they're not worth keeping in the GC shop now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff