Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Stargazer

Hi, my name is Zero Dream and my reputation might precede me as a checkmate blue fanatic, so what this thread might be about probably isn't a mystery !

Really, I am a fan of bolder colors in general, and for a long time pretty much all we got consisted of pastels. Those were the dark ages, my friends... But lately things have been much better as far as not only color brightness goes, but also color variations ! We now see a lot more green than we used to, for example, and that makes me happy ! Nothing wrong with more choices, not at all.

So im not here to say that anything needs to change, but to rather highlight items that I really think need to checkmate brush treatment - and hell, bright colors in general would be right at home on these ! Also since I actually find recoloring things to be quite relaxing like the freak I am, I will also include visual representation. I am not exactly the best recolorer in the world, but these should help make my point across nicely.

Hey, I think we need so and so in checkmate !
Feel free to post any ideas you might have ! I might not get to making mocks, but I will add it to the list for sure. If you feel like it, you can make your own mocks and ill put them in the post with mine !

I have a rainbow ticket, can I use... ?
Take a good look on who made the mocks of the item you want to use ! Most were made by me, though others kindly contributed as well. In my case, feel free to use my mocks as reference should you wish - I would appreciate knowing about it, being credited accordingly and possibly a copy of the item would be very nice ! :3

If someone else did the mock up, please ask them for permission first. It's the nice thing to do~

___ Bunilla
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Chuu chuu chuu ! Since we got a nekola, why not her hopping counterpart as well ? smile I followed the color placement that the artists used on Meowkola since that seems to be the most likely way the recolor would be made, though personally I'd reverse the jacket.

Celestial ___
Gaia was on a kick recoloring this thing a few months back, and I can see why - I actually do really love this item and I abuse the hair relentlessly on monochrome avatars. There is a polar blue and navy recolor, yes, but it doesn't really... work with checkmate. Al least not in the way I like to use it.

___ Alleycat
Rad alleycat is just a little too dark to really match checkmate ;w;. I drew inspiration from the toxic alleycat, but I do prefer when the hair and extension colors are different.

___ Spector Shoujo
There's this weird guy following me screaming about yellow... You think I should call an exorcist ? sweatdrop

Anyway. XD As if some silly thing like dying could kick this gal off her gaming groove ! This reaaaaaaally needs to be a thing for so many reasons. But mostly that sweater. Gods, I love that sweater *u*

Gatcha ___
User Image
(Mock-up by Tiny Chibis)
Even poke... I mean gatcha masters need to battle in style !

___ Ambitions
User Image
(Mock-up by HM04)
Man, this evil overlord can rule any day... don't you think ? I didn't realize how much that coat was needed until now !

Demon's ___
Again, there is already a navy version of this item, so I tried to execute it a little differently. I do so need that hair, though... and the charkam-like thing.

Forest After ___
This came out so much better than I imagined, I can't even... I need this everything, please ? The antlers in particular came out a lot better than I thought they would.

___fest
With the blessing of lady VVednesdays, I present you something that I need very, very much. That shirt... Dat hair... emotion_drool I-I mean...

___ Panda
Yeah, I know this is a very recent release, and we're not likely to see this for awhile, but... I really like the style of this item and I hope there's a lot of fun recolors in the pipes.

Ai no ___
Love is war, and love is bliss... Dat hair.

___ Hind of Avalon
(Mock-up by Razumi Yazura)
User Image
*u* look at this glorious thing I need it, ktnxbye. It might be an odd color choice on the avalon, but I think it's quite lacking in punchy colors.

___ Motley
This was easily my favorite item from the black boxes - those star clips are just so cute !

__ Dragon
I feel like this item got a bit forgotten - to be honest, even I kind of forgot about it until someone subjected it to me. I think the end result would be really interesting.

__ Cat
Of course I gave that idea to Nanzzy from prior experience... kekekeke.

___ Warlock
This is an interesting little item I hadn't really considered before it came up as an idea here. I like it, though it might be more suited for a pure navy / silver recolor, which would still match really. Hmmm.

___ Lady Lucie
I wasn't the biggest fan of Little Lucie, I'd be the first to admit that much. But I really like this remake - the hair is really nice and having separate twintails is pretty fun, and I love the ball-jointed leg and arm mods.

Purrsuassion ___
Nya nya nya~
There was two ways I could go about with this really. I could have done just the clothing and given the cats natural fur colors, or gone all out. As you see, I've done the latter. In a world where kitten stars exist, I think we're fine. XD Nice bright colors ! Yay ! The male poses were done up for my kouhai, of course. <3

Persecuted Halfbreed ___
I was doing mocks for a friend's rainbow ticket (she is redeeming this item in deep purple, it's gonna be so hot) and I thought hey... why not ? And indeed... why not ? That scythe is one of my favorites on the site, same with the braid.

___ Sweetheart
This is my good friend's Abby golden ticket item and he expressed interest in this color combo... So I was, of course, more than happy to oblige. And now I share this with you. :3 It's about the right time for a recolor, anyway~

___ Lurker
Tempting fate ? *eyes Fallout* You better get made first... ,,,possibly. But I have a great need for this scarf in checkmate colors. The one from Death's item work well, too, but this one is better. And well, variety ! Never anything wrong with that. I was inspired by Nanzzy's color placement from her yellow lurker to execute this, though the hair is a little different. :3

___ Operator
I am Rejam's biggest fan, okay ? Okay. Just making that clear. I really love this shirt and the belts, too ! So, yes. Do want *u*

Coy ___
I have a Rejam problem, okay ? And yes, blue koi do in fact exist ! so pretty~

___ Symphonia
In a time, somewhere, in an era unknown
Lived a boy, forgotten and left all alone...

This rig owned me, and this would finish me. Please, gaia-sama ;w;

___ Reverse Inverse
This is a really nice item for causual and punkish avatars ! We are always in need of little accessories, too, so this would be a really nice addition~

Dream Chime ___
(Mock up by Lazy-Senpai)
Look at this cutie yes good. I really like the hair in particular !

My ___ Byul
Oh baby, you're a shining star~ I think Byul would look lovely in more punchy colors. The orange one was a really nice start on that !

SeongMi ___ Doll
User Image
(Mock up by Lazy-Senpai)
Another lovely set of mocks by Sempai ! I did really love the SeongMi doll and I have no idea why this never occured to me, because this is gorgeous !

___ Cat Breath
For Riyo for she wanted it.

And now I want it too

Sob.

Hey ___ Mama
I honestly loved the ******** out of this rig ! This is but one of the recolos I covet from it, admitedly. Love me love leg mods that arn't twigs.

___ Blazing Blitz
Help I think I fell on the pokemon bandwagon and can't get up.

Eurydice's ___
This item has pretty much gotten every color under the sun so... might as well, ja ?

Murder de ___
User Image
(Mocks by Lazy-Senpai)
More badassery is always welcome, yes ?

Other ideas that may or may not end up with mocks :

Celestial Soldier = all the light blues, electric/bright blue. all the blacks, navy. and the white to black.
Adelpha.
Sainte Ciel / L'histoire de Mephiste
Lady Evangeline
Dakuwaqa
NeoGaia
Coded Memories
Royal Commander
Lalune/Solair Item Lines
checkmate blue simple and serafuku skirts!
O. Renji Days
Religieuse Invocation
Jade Rabbit
Vengeful Queen
White Russian
Jack's 2k14 set
Infernal Spirit
Yasaengui Style
Asshi's Norigae
Midnight Child
Shironuri Bloom
Sinful Spice
Antigone's Hourglass
March / Mr March / Strut
Gimmie Metal
Shoe Collection
Alruna's Rose
Lux Regicidio
Lestelle
Glamorous Getaway

Beloved Stargazer

Other Recolors

Yes, I do these, sometimes... for friends or for rainbow tickets~

Rose ___ / Reverse Saga
'Uh, Zero, that's not checkmate ?' you say. Well, no it isn't, but I don't want to make a separate thread just for this.
And the Briar parts work really well with checkmate, so...

Basically, all this is, is Rosa's parts in Briar's color scheme, and Briar's as Rosa's, with the rest roughtly in Rosamund's Corruption's color scheme. I based Celeste's coloring around Saffron because that seemed like the thing to do. XD

Basically the point of this is more choice. And when Briar's hair came out, I've wanted Rosa's hair in her colors.

___ Blazing Blitz
Black / Sapphire Blue / Robin blue. i just had a random thought that it would look good and wanted to check it out. It, in fact, does !

Beloved Stargazer

Beloved Stargazer

This should be good. Post away !

Springtime Werewolf

good idea! it's a wonderful color. my only problem with the hardhearted series is those dreadful arms and legs. it makes the avi look all sorts of off-kilter! but it might just be me. lol

Otherworldly Comrade

19,065 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That would look really cool with any bright colours replacing the teal.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I support this recolor emotion_yatta

Beloved Stargazer

Head Up Your Astronaut
good idea! it's a wonderful color. my only problem with the hardhearted series is those dreadful arms and legs. it makes the avi look all sorts of off-kilter! but it might just be me. lol

I've actually made the arms work before, but I don't think I have those avatars saved. XD;I really dig the faux hawk and the bangs, though *u* And the shirt !

Aria_Of_The_Shadows
That would look really cool with any bright colours replacing the teal.

I know, right ? Im surprised we havn't seen more recolors of it.

Kid Jak
I support this recolor emotion_yatta

I got more coming ninja Posting one per day unless I get super bored !

Hopeful Girl

I support this 100%! I would like:

Checkmate Celestial Soldier = all the light blues, electric/bright blue. all the blacks, navy. and the white to black.

I'd also like a Checkmate Adelpha.

Checkmate Bound Warlock

Checkmate Fremere's Guard (whether it'd just be the same pieces that we got from that recent recolor, or the full one. i don't care i just want that sword and armor in blue.)

Checkmate Ciel/Rosamund/Rose Saga/Briar Saga (nickname for Mephiste)

Checkmate Lady Evangeline

Checkmate Dakuwaqa

Checkmate NeoGaia

Checkmate Nobody

Checkmate Coded Memories

Checkmate Commander of the Conquered/Royal Commander

Checkmate Lady Knightingale

Checkmate Lalune/Solair

And then, a lot of Casual items:
bright, checkmate blue simple and serafuku skirts! emotion_omnomnom

I'll think of others when i am more awake. rofl then again, i am biased.

Swashbuckling Sentai

O. Renji Days would look pretty sweet in that blue

Ruthless Shapeshifter

OMG YES. D:
It certainly deserves the recolor brush.

I be hoping for Denim and Monochrome shades. emotion_kirakira

But a lot more consistency in recolors of blue would be good.
Definitely need more masculine body mod items in this shade
of Electric Blue * v *

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Head Up Your Astronaut
No, I totally agree - especially with the legs. Who can even stand like that??

But the colour itself is pretty.

Beloved Stargazer

Odd Cinderella

Checkmate Celestial Soldier = all the light blues, electric/bright blue. all the blacks, navy. and the white to black.

Checkmate Bound Warlock

Checkmate Fremere's Guard (whether it'd just be the same pieces that we got from that recent recolor, or the full one. i don't care i just want that sword and armor in blue.)

Checkmate Dakuwaqa

Checkmate NeoGaia

Checkmate Nobody

Checkmate Coded Memories

Checkmate Lalune/Solair

/wrist falls off

You're a tall order, love ! Ahaha. I didn't think of a lot of these things, though... I'll have to see what I can do !

Amon Larethian
O. Renji Days would look pretty sweet in that blue

Oh damn, I would be... Hmmm :O

Yorugami
OMG YES. D:
It certainly deserves the recolor brush.

I be hoping for Denim and Monochrome shades. emotion_kirakira

But a lot more consistency in recolors of blue would be good.
Definitely need more masculine body mod items in this shade
of Electric Blue * v *

A monochrome one would so be amazing, too. ;w; Whyyyy no recolors almost ?

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Zero Dream

A monochrome one would so be amazing, too. ;w; Whyyyy no recolors almost ?

Yeah when Hardhearted came out everyone was wearing it!
D: but the only recolor they had was red and black and well....
it definitely needs at least a Monochrome and a Blue one
still.

Hopeful Girl

Zero Dream
Odd Cinderella

Checkmate Bound Warlock

Checkmate Dakuwaqa

Checkmate NeoGaia

Checkmate Nobody

Checkmate Coded Memories

Checkmate Lalune/Solair

/wrist falls off

You're a tall order, love ! Ahaha. I didn't think of a lot of these things, though... I'll have to see what I can do !

rofl You don't have to do all of these. I was just mentioning them in general what I would like to see in the colour scheme! blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff