-makes glue-

More manly clothes would be nice.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
dreamsk

All of the "male" items just seem to be unisex, nothing particularly manly going on.

Well, that's part of the problem. There aren't really any items of clothing that are considered exclusively male, at least, not for the US. So most "male" items will be considered unisex.

But, yeah, I do agree that there should be more masculine items. But OP, you need to be specific. "Manly items" is pretty broad.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
marshmallowcreampie
dreamsk

All of the "male" items just seem to be unisex, nothing particularly manly going on.

Well, that's part of the problem. There aren't really any items of clothing that are considered exclusively male, at least, not for the US. So most "male" items will be considered unisex.

But, yeah, I do agree that there should be more masculine items. But OP, you need to be specific. "Manly items" is pretty broad.
Unisex is alright, sometimes they're more feminine. Maybe if they had a body builder REI (bulk UP!) or something that would look terrible on the female base but awesome on the male base of any skin tone that'd be pretty funny. lol You know like the windings, but I'd still say that was a feminine item for enhancing the boobs/a** and not enhancing any physical features of male avis.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
/also beats the dead horse

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
If I recall, a good portion of rei's this year were feminine based and there was that dream rig that had very few unisex and/or male items. Please just give those dresses and skirts a bit of a break, or add other things to really balance it out.

*Pokes dead horse with stick*

Thieving Rogue

Unspoken rule #1 of gaia: If you're a dude, you're ******** when it comes to items.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Search result for "pants" comes up with 852 results. Keep in mind, not all of these pants are implied masculine (Rocker Girl starter pants are an example). So if we even try to divide the "pants" section right down the middle without explicitly searching which of these pants are implied masculine or feminine, let's say half of them are implied masculine. That leaves us with 426 pants items that are drawn with the male base in mind.

A search result for "dress" comes up with 629 items. "Skirt" comes up with 457 items.
So for bottom wear alone, options for those who want their avatars in more feminine attire is at last 1512 items.

(Estimated, assumed) 1512 bottom items that are made with the female base in mind versus (estimated, assumed) 426 made with the male base in mind.

It's not that bottoms for the male base don't exist. It's just that there isn't NEARLY as much diversity or variety for the male base as there is for the female base. And I honestly don't think it's too much to ask that when artists make new items, especially those they want to pass as unisex items, keep the male base in mind when making these items. All too often when items are unisex, they look way better on the female base than the male base.
+1 for more manry items.

-10hp for Dead Horse.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Sachie Whitby
Don't you know? Absolutely NOBODY uses male avatars. Absolutely everyone wants kawai desu cute cute, specially with sparkles, ribbons, skirts, dresses, no trousers [unless they're body mod posed specifically for the female base] and no guy stuff. It is to the extent that if you think you see a male avatar, you may suffer from avatar gender dysfunction syndrome.

I am going to change my avatar to male so I can wear kawaii desu stuff while I am a dude! emotion_awesome

Shy Stalker

I don't think anyone is against masculine items. I think the problem is that few people have any intent of buying or actually using them.

Isn't just Gaia that has this problem either. Seems anywhere that character customization is possible, there is a huge preference for feminine styles. They're just more flamboyant or interesting, or frankly, better made.

Sexy Assailant

"MOOR MALE STOOFS! RAWR!!!"

That's not particularly helpful. Show the devs EXACTLY what you want. Masculinity means different things to different people and it's foolish to leave them guessing.

fxxkin demon

Sospel
        Unspoken rule #1 of gaia: If you're a dude, you're ******** when it comes to items.

Pretty much. Or expect to pay an assload or gold for a really nice item. Looking at you Nice Suit for Work. mad

Still they have gotten better. I mean we did get the Fall Collection. Though, a lot of people seemed to hate that one. neutral

Thieving Rogue

sometimesalways
Pretty much. Or expect to pay an assload or gold for a really nice item. Looking at you Nice Suit for Work. mad

Still they have gotten better. I mean we did get the Fall Collection. Though, a lot of people seemed to hate that one. neutral
        Man items, at least the really good ones, are all limited to mods and items that cost several million gold. It makes tekteking for men a pain in the a**.

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Define "male clothing"

IMO there are plenty of "male" clothes in updates.... Cash shop bundles usually have one designed aimed more for the girls and one aim more for the guys.... individual taste and bundle theme not counted... the same can be said for the Monthlies. Regular gold shop updates and CI are also fairly evenly split.. but again individual taste and theme not counted.

Most updates do fall slightly more in favour of "female" clothing purely because female fashion has more option.

The key problem with users perception that the male clothing is lacking, is based on personal taste.... there are plenty of male options, they just probably don't suit peoples tastes....

solution: Make suggestion!!! post ideas and pictures of what your define as "male"

fxxkin demon

Sospel
sometimesalways

Man items, at least the really good ones, are all limited to mods and items that cost several million gold. It makes tekteking for men a pain in the a**.

Oh yeah. Luckily I'm fine with cheap gold shop stuff for the most part. But if I want a modern elegant or sharp look I'm sol unless I spend money. Luckily I've been able to pick up some of the nicer items before the price got crazy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff