Welcome to Gaia! ::

While people who can't pay $100 a year to be an exclusive VIP in Club Verge are excluded, I'd still like to have items from the club, in some way, be available to the regular, non VIP'ers.

Take that gorgeous looking gitfbox that's in the Birthday PM that VIP's get. I'd love to have that offered to people excluded from the shop; perhaps as an incentive to get people buying so they can check out the exclusive items within the club.
User Image

or how about that cool looking shop front?
User Image

Maybe that jazzy looking envelope and letter?
User Image

Or a shirt with the shop's winged "V" logo on it.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
They're working on something for non-cash spenders.
But I highly doubt it's going to be Club Verge related and even less that they would take something from Club Verge and put it out in the open.

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ok as much as I am not loving the Club Verge thing, the whole point of an exclusive club is that it be available only to people who fit a criteria. If the club is for people who buy GC, why would you want something with the logo when you don't buy GC?

It's like wearing a playboy T-shirt when you have never been in the playboy club...it's meaningless unless you want to lie and give the impression you have been there and done that.
Shintouyu
But I highly doubt it's going to be Club Verge related and even less that they would take something from Club Verge and put it out in the open.
it's not like I'm asking them to take the items already in the store and hand them out to non paying customers.
It's standard advertising. Get people interested in something with a taste of what's available, and reel them in. Like how some businesses offer free samples to people, and get them wanting to buy their product.
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Ok as much as I am not loving the Club Verge thing, the whole point of an exclusive club is that it be available only to people who fit a criteria. If the club is for people who buy GC, why would you want something with the logo when you don't buy GC?

It's like wearing a playboy T-shirt when you have never been in the playboy club...it's meaningless unless you want to lie and give the impression you have been there and done that.
and the club would still be exclusive. It just makes sense for Gaia to offer up free samples; with a shirt with their logo, or a giftbox or something, to non payers and get them interested with the idea of spending GC to become a member in the club, to gain access to the highly coveted items, like wings DTails and Halos and things.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Nekopi Nyaboron Nyanmaru
it's not like I'm asking them to take the items already in the store and hand them out to non paying customers.
It's standard advertising. Get people interested in something with a taste of what's available, and reel them in. Like how some businesses offer free samples to people, and get them wanting to buy their product.
I know you're not asking for free stuff.
As much its standard advertising, I just highly doubt that they're going to use any existing Club Verge as sampling because that's against the whole 'exclusively for you' thing the membership has going on.

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nekopi Nyaboron Nyanmaru
Pinque Von Fluffendorken

and the club would still be exclusive. It just makes sense for Gaia to offer up free samples; with a shirt with their logo, or a giftbox or something, to non payers and get them interested with the idea of spending GC to become a member in the club, to gain access to the highly coveted items, like wings DTails and Halos and things.

So you want to support and advertise something that is purposely excluding you?

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I think exclusive gold shop items would have been a much better reward for people that spend cash rather than the insanely prices cash shop items.

Virtuous Genius

6,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
While I understand the point of advertising, I think it's wrong to give away exclusive club items to non club members.

Maybe they could open the club for new users for one day, so they can see what this club is like. Of course there should be restrictions for this one day members like reading but no writing rights in the guild and no free givaways. So new users can see and decide if they want to join the club by buying 10K cash.

I remember IMVU had such a 1 day VIP membership (even with free givaways and discounts).

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Shintouyu

The fine print at the bottom of the store says "rules and entry requirements are subject to change" so never say never biggrin They do give themselves permission to open up Club Verge to the public with that fine print, or change the conditions under which people become members.

Although yeah i doubt that the thing they're working on for other "loyalty" rewards has to do with Verge since Verge is so new. In the future though, if Gaia feels Verge is too restrictive, they can totally switch how Verge operates and open things from Verge to the public.
Existential Existence
Shintouyu

The fine print at the bottom of the store says "rules and entry requirements are subject to change" so never say never biggrin They do give themselves permission to open up Club Verge to the public with that fine print, or change the conditions under which people become members.

Although yeah i doubt that the thing they're working on for other "loyalty" rewards has to do with Verge since Verge is so new. In the future though, if Gaia feels Verge is too restrictive, they can totally switch how Verge operates and open things from Verge to the public.

I actually started laughing when I read the part of your post that I marked out in bold.

If nothing else, I recall gaia has another part of fine print - in the ToS if I recall right - that basically translates to "We reserve ourselves the right to be complete a*******, take back anything we've promised, change any item you've already bought with cash and lie through our teeth if it amuses us."

I could see them try for something super-exclusive now at first, get tired of the slow pace from a relatively limited customer base, get impatient, try to haul in as many users as possible in a mad dash before the feature is forgotten (if it isn't already) and then trying to brush everything under the carpet if it still doesn't pan out the way they want.

It's a bit depressing that I consider this trait of gaia as humorous.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Why would they give CV items to non-CV members? That makes no sense to me.

Just wait around to see what they have for non-CV members.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The__Dividender
Existential Existence
Shintouyu

I actually started laughing when I read the part of your post that I marked out in bold.

If nothing else, I recall gaia has another part of fine print - in the ToS if I recall right - that basically translates to "We reserve ourselves the right to be complete a*******, take back anything we've promised, change any item you've already bought with cash and lie through our teeth if it amuses us."

I could see them try for something super-exclusive now at first, get tired of the slow pace from a relatively limited customer base, get impatient, try to haul in as many users as possible in a mad dash before the feature is forgotten (if it isn't already) and then trying to brush everything under the carpet if it still doesn't pan out the way they want.

It's a bit depressing that I consider this trait of gaia as humorous.

i was channeling justin bieber cool
i'm resigned to the fact that gaia is just weird a lot lol
i'm actually surprised they put the fine print there though because i figure if they want to change the shop they'd do it anyway ;D so that fine print is a good way to say "hey, we at least warned you guys of the possibility of this store changing restrictions"
Toppaware
Why would they give CV items to non-CV members? That makes no sense to me.

Just wait around to see what they have for non-CV members.
Quote:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff