Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I know I am not the only one waiting for more item generators to be released. Sure I could sit here and complain about the gold gens. and how they're ruining our economy but I don't feel like it. I'm here to ask for the release of more item generators. Perhaps deflation isn't precisely what you have in mind right now, Gaia, but I'm sure most users would like at least a small window of time to afford some exclusive items before prices skyrocket again. Because we all know that no matter when an item generator comes out, when it leaves and gold gens flood back in those items will reinflate once more.

More than that though item generators were honestly really fun and I was always more than willing to open my wallet and shell the money out for 100 packs. With most of the site crumbling beneath us in terms of updates and quality, item generators were a really fun way for me to connect with others and gamble. I was gambling on items, always sure to win something (even if it wasn't particularly rare or expensive) and it allowed me to discover long lost gems that I didn't even know existed. I would open streaming events and tons of other Gaians would join in the fun of watching me open for the prizes, chatting about their excitement to see what was inside, and I'd hold huge giveaways after. This was on a side account of course, but I made many friends and they're still on my friends lists on said side account (which I still frequent.) It was a fun way to throw my dice in the air and connect with other people. We all had lots of fun opening, and I think that's what made me want to buy GC. The fun of it. It's no fun opening bundles and knowing I'm just getting gold, ruining the economy, and probably getting piss poor amounts for my money too. Gold in general is boring. But items? Items are awesome.

The multiples of these generators also gave me a lot more power to donate to users anonymously - my spares didn't just sit and rot they brought other users great joy. It was a lot easier to spread the happiness to Gaians who couldn't afford it at the moment; it was like I was spending money for them. And even if they didn't get super expensive items they always made thank you threads in the CB and seemed really overjoyed to have received something.

I'm sure lots of other users feel the way I feel. Item generators were fun, not only for gambling but for the community. And even if they were only a temporary break again I'd love to see more. Because I'm not going to open my wallet for boring old gold gens or recolor #3554677 of the Lucie series. I'll open my wallet for something exciting.

I have $40 worth of GC sitting in my account right now, I DO regularly purchase GC when I have the spare funds. I've been a member for several years and have always done what I could to support the site. I played sponsor ads for the cheap-y items, I used my allowance when I was too young for a credit card to buy cash cards, I asked for GC for birthdays. And as a user who loves to spend her money here I'm giving you feedback on what I would now like to - and would willingly - buy. OH, and that's not including the several ads I have sat through to gain free GC, which I pile up of course for nice things too ...

Anyways, I'm hoping an admin sees this and takes this into consideration. I think a lot more wallets would open up if you put some item generators with high - medium - and low end items out there for our enjoyment. After all we're not going to spend money on things that aren't fun.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

I love item gens. Love them. But I really want more item gens that have new, unique items, not recolors. I also want them to be available for a longer period of time so we get a higher quantity of items and they wont end up horribly inflated. But I love love love item gens. It's how I got my wings. gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright

Perfect Saint

Are you talking about to huge CIs that recycle various older items and some recolors?
We have been getting smaller CIs that contain both new items, recolors, remixes, and reissues several times, so we're not exactly lacking in the item generators.

As far as the huge CI Item gens. I've been hurt, so to speak, by a few of them, but if I think about it, I've come out ahead in many. So it balances out some way.

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Myrielle
Are you talking about to huge CIs that recycle various older items and some recolors?
We have been getting smaller CIs that contain both new items, recolors, remixes, and reissues several times, so we're not exactly lacking in the item generators.

As far as the huge CI Item gens. I've been hurt, so to speak, by a few of them, but if I think about it, I've come out ahead in many. So it balances out some way.

The item generators that they sold in 100pcks, 50pcks, etc. not too long ago. Things like Royal Invitation and Eat Me. Mini-CIs don't do it for me, sorry to say.

Perfect Saint

vampire_queen7
Myrielle

The item generators that they sold in 100pcks, 50pcks, etc. not too long ago. Things like Royal Invitation and Eat Me. Mini-CIs don't do it for me, sorry to say.
I wonder. That does depend if Gaia was getting money from those.

There is an argument some have shared with me states that they can actually hurt or discourage a portion of their cash users especially when the stuff they've bought full price gets released so soon in those CIs.People will be less likely to buy early and for full full price when they can wait for those items to reappear in those CS. (Bad for Gaia, good for some users) On the flip side, they might even prefer to stock up on gold gens just so they have the gold to buy it when those items flood the market and depreciate.(Good for Gaia, bad for some users)

What do you think about that argument?

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Myrielle
vampire_queen7
Myrielle

There is an argument some have shared with me states that they can actually hurt or discourage a portion of their cash users especially when the stuff they've bought full price gets released so soon in those CIs.People will be less likely to buy early and for full full price when they can wait for those items to reappear in those CS. (Bad for Gaia, good for some users) On the flip side, they might even prefer to stock up on gold gens just so they have the gold to buy it when those items flood the market and depreciate.(Good for Gaia, bad for some users)

- Gaia can avoid harming their sales by not placing newly released items into their item generators. Instead they can keep it specifically to items released up to a couple months ago and beyond, and of course the pricier items are going to be much rarer drops.
- Vendors will be vendors. Users will have to prevent that from happening. However I'd like to put out a case for this or two. First, when one item gen was released (forget which one) Shadow Fencer came all the way down to 2 mill a pop and didn't rise again for sometime. There were probably too many for vendors to keep up with. Second, for all the vendors snatching up lower listings there are people like me handing out duplicate freebies. I know for a fact I was not the only one anonymously gifting freebies from the generators, in fact gifting was rampant. Some of the rarer items may have remained unaffected but most of them levelled out somewhere at a lower price than before.

Perfect Saint

vampire_queen7
Myrielle
vampire_queen7
Myrielle

- Gaia can avoid harming their sales by not placing newly released items into their item generators. Instead they can keep it specifically to items released up to a couple months ago and beyond, and of course the pricier items are going to be much rarer drops.
- Vendors will be vendors. Users will have to prevent that from happening. However I'd like to put out a case for this or two. First, when one item gen was released (forget which one) Shadow Fencer came all the way down to 2 mill a pop and didn't rise again for sometime. There were probably too many for vendors to keep up with. Second, for all the vendors snatching up lower listings there are people like me handing out duplicate freebies. I know for a fact I was not the only one anonymously gifting freebies from the generators, in fact gifting was rampant. Some of the rarer items may have remained unaffected but most of them leveled out somewhere at a lower price than before.
Is a couple of months enough? Maybe six is better? I agree Gaia will need to watch what they put in their RIGs. I also saw this in another thread that discussed bits of your topic. Could explain why Gaia seem to have steered away from that model.

As for the cases, I notice that hoarders and venders may have already caught up somewhat with many of the frequently rereleased items, particularly, the 03-04s. Many people who bought them in the millions in March could see billions were they to sell them. But then, the millions then maybe the billions now, so maybe, nothing changed except the number of zeroes. However, billions is so much further than millions for people without the means.

Rainbow Harvester

I'm not a fan of item gens, but anything is better than the flood of gold gens.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Or you know, put them int the shop for more than three hours... emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff