Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Shapeshifter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
I think all that stuff is way too expensive. I don't see how I should get or stay motivated if I have to collect items that cost so damn much <___<" AND have a chance / sometimes high chance that the formula will fail. Oh yeah, even some formulas cost too much...

ALCHEMY = FAIL :C [ IDEA = GOOD ]

Change some parameters, like the prices (-> the items needed) and the chance of getting alchemy-only items from daily chance. otherwise I don't see how everyone could enjoy alchemy sad

Dangerous Fairy

20,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
I opened up a couple of the drops from the 'lite' fish this morning and got... what was it? 15 gold? forgot. from one of them and a starter Gold Shop item with a sellback of 5 gold.

Are you serious?

It would be REALLY REALLY nice if you would take the GS items out of the loop for these kinds of randomosity things. Or at least give us something worth our while for wasting so much more of our time than a month of having them in our Aquariums if we are not gonna be actually awarded with an Alchemy component as was promised. This random stuff really is going too far.

Please fix your parameters and confine them!

Romantic Genius

15,600 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Although the idea of Alchemy is fun. Trying to craft is another story. It's just way to expensive to buy the items, that are there. But also it's a long wait for items that aren't available.

So my suggestion on the above statement would be to lower the prices so it's affordable. But also make it available to buy.

Next thing, is the quantity. Buying huge amounts of something can not only be expensive, but also time consuming. So rather than having to buy 50 of something. What about lowing the quantity levels say to a max of 5? 3nodding

Next problem I've encountered was, after crafting an item, the craft button didn't always work, and after countless times of pressing that 'craft' button, and losing large quantities of gold, I found that quite annoying. gonk

All in all, it's a fun experience, but an expensive one..These are just some of the things, that may be a good idea to look into. sweatdrop

5,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Alchemy components should be trade-able like trash and flowers. Iv'e tried trading components and it doesn't work.

Dangerous Fairy

20,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Just failed 7 out of 7 times in a row trying to craft one lv 4 item. Thought you guys were fixing that. Cause it's not worth it if we have to keep failing like that. NOT worth the gold we have to spend! Not worth the aggravation either. Can't be THAT low on a very low. NOT WORTH IT!

(few hours later)
edit: now 8 times out of 8. It's not worth the aggravation of having to through this.
I though you were gonna FIX this issue! This is NOT fun!

Dangerous Fairy

20,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Nyadriel
Just failed 7 out of 7 times in a row trying to craft one lv 4 item. Thought you guys were fixing that. Cause it's not worth it if we have to keep failing like that. NOT worth the gold we have to spend! Not worth the aggravation either. Can't be THAT low on a very low. NOT WORTH IT!

(few hours later)
edit: now 8 times out of 8. It's not worth the aggravation of having to through this.
I though you were gonna FIX this issue! This is NOT fun!

Few hours more later and it is now 11 times out of 11 of failures on this one item.

I feel extremely slighted and taken advantage of. None of these Formulas are worth this! NONE!

Friendly Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
twisted ninja pirate
I have an idea for Alchemy. Get rid of it. It's total junk anyway. There was never anything really good there and people over price ingredents so much I have already given up on it. You can go hunt for these parts and that can take a lot of time or you can try to buy the parts only to empty your bank completely and fail when you try to make what ever. Alchemy is worse then useless and you have far too many greedy a-holes out there. Gaia, drop all the alchemy. It's a total fail.
twisted ninja pirate
User Image

Dangerous Fairy

20,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Timber901
snip

Gaia cannot do anything about the greedy people. Just have to keep waiting til they drop those prices that are more acceptable and they will get the message - maybe. I never pay above a certain price myself.
But the failure rate where it is 10 times out of 10 is just unacceptable. 9 times out of 10 I can maybe accept - as long as we can get back to it after we get our heart rates down and still not fail on the tenth attempt even if we had failed whatever times before (meaning that we should NOT have to go back hours later and start all over again after whatever consecutive number of previous failures). I do not have the patience for that.

But getting rid of Alchemy? If they did that, I would be very angry considering the fact that I am a Cash-user and it has translated to a lot of money out of my pocket, not to mention a lot of my time and effort.
(no ef-ing way I will ever pay a million gold for a cache bag or a component)

Right now they are working on some major fixes. Unfortunately it is not going to translate into anything easier or cheaper because of the same greedy people. But at least there will be improvements. More will be needed. Like having more Formulas that do NOT have anything to do with Cash Shop items and dealing with CS items that are needed to make other CS items (especially the making of CIs)

Ruthless Knight

8,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
more inizio formulas

Kawaii Saint

11,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I have one issue with alchemy. I am at lvl 3 and I am STUCK. Literally STUCK. There are not enough lvl 3 formulas to make because either:

1. They come from the case which is hard to get or hard to make [Plus ectoplasm which is lvl 3 REQUIRES ANOTHER COMPONENT TO BE MADE THAT IS PAST LVL 3!]

or

2. They are in the bitfrost but require DC items that may take MONTHS to maybe even see one of them appear and forget about buying them [I'm looking at you edwardian coat/pants], plus the items suddenly get bought the moment someone places them on MP.

Why is lvl 3 so hard to get through? Is there any other way to actually make more formulas that are original for lvl 3 in bitfrost that CAN BE MADE EASIER? I am not saying make them super duper easy peasy, but make them more reasonable, have other items be used [like GS items] instead of DC items [seriously, I need 5 of EACH Edwardian Coat/pants AND 5 glass marbles just to make the RED one, and then I need more red coats and pants to make the blue DX. There are not enough coats or pants in MP.]

Timid Bunny

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Celeste Starfyre
[seriously, I need 5 of EACH Edwardian Coat/pants AND 5 glass marbles just to make the RED one, and then I need more red coats and pants to make the blue DX. There are not enough coats or pants in MP.]

Yeah, it seems like the quantities weren't really given enough thought for some of these formulas... Back when Alchemy was still really new, I did some math on the Black and Silver Edwardian Children's Loafers, and this is what I came up with:
Originally From Alchemy Q&A Thread, Circa August 27th
Did anyone making these formulas realize that it would take 26,460 pairs of Edwardian Children's Loafers ( 8,820 of Pink, Black and Gold, and Green respectively) to make just one pair of Black and Silver Edwardian Children's Loafers? I have the math to prove it, if anyone wants it.

Even with the current lowest MP price for the base pairs ( 2,500 gold for the Pink ), that's still 66,150,000 gold. Yes, more than 66 million gold for one pair of shoes. And even if you got one of each base pair a day, that's still over 24 years to get it just through the ad grants. And this is for a Lvl. 1 item.

Am I the only one finding this just a wee bit ridiculous?

Also, it should be noted that the 66 mil price tag up there did not include formula and crafting costs.
Someone please tell me that that's being worked on...or just quantities in general.

Kawaii Saint

11,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Kuro Ryuu Hime

Jeebus. O wO;;;; What numbers.

I mean I would be level 4 is it were not for the edwardian stuff that comes from the Daily Chance [I also failed to mention the horror of the Bedioun items which wants you to USE 20 OF EACH TO CRAFT THE SKIRTS.] It really makes me mad that they pulled off this DC component idea and even more furious that there are not enough inexpensive formulas to makes to get from 3-4.

I just want to be able to lvl up in alchemy without selling my soul to the devil just to get one level. D;

Timid Bunny

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Celeste Starfyre

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't looked at the Bedioun items, but it sounds a lot like the Loafers. In fact...
Explanation of Loafer Math
Key: B/S = Black and Silver, B = Brown, R = Red, P = Pink, B/G = Black and Gold, G = Green

1 B/S = 20 P + 20 B/G + 20 G + 20 R + 20 B
1 B = 20 P + 20 B/G +20 G +20 R
1 R = 20 P +20 B/G +20 G

So it takes 60 base (P, B/G, G) pairs to make 1 Red pair, then 1,260 base pairs to make 1 Brown pair, and then the grand total of 26,460 base pairs for 1 Black and Silver pair.

If those Bedioun item formulas are set up in a similar way...yeah, a user would be just as screwed with those as with the Loafers. Quite honestly, as much as I love the idea of Alchemy, I've just given up. I'm graduating High School tomorrow, so with school and homework and everything I just haven't had the time to devote to zOMG! and Towns and fishing and MP stuff as what's needed for this. I also don't have the gold to just buy it 'cause, well, again, I've had school and crap, and I don't have RL cash to buy GaiaCash to get gold that way. There are some items that I'd just love to have this way (Inari's Beads and Backwings among them), but...I just can't, 'cause no one thought this stuff through enough to make them even somewhat feasible.

I mean...who the hell thought that a good idea for a RIG formula would be to have to use 10 Fail items from that very same RIG to make the RIG, just to potentially get the same frickin' Fail you put in, but only getting one back and losing the other nine?

Magical Vampire

18,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Can you please reduce the number of required components for the Alchemist's Cases? Right now they're not worth crafting, because you could use the same amount of components to make four Philosopher's Caches, sell those, then buy a case. I would be happy even if you only required 100 of each bugs/trash/flowers instead of 200.

Blessed Elder

9,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
How about you actually make the back wings highly accessible for everyone, even those that do not use alchemy. We were promised everyone would be able to get backwings back when the rumor started. The highly infuriates me, because they are not available to everyone. They are available to only the ridiculously rich, and I possess neither the time nor money to even attempt to make them. This is the most ridiculous system I have ever seen to make an item that was PROMISED to us, without any extensive difficulties, and you have not held that up I can tell you. TL;DR remove the backwings from alchemy and make them available in an easier user friendly manner, or at least make all of the components and pricing WAY WAY cheaper. Your move Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games