Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astounding Enchantress

I think it's a great feature. I'm going to stay away from it until the market prices become less volitile but I think after some time it will help gaia's marketplace economy a bunch and I'm looking forward to crafting my first items. heart

Precious Sweetheart

17,975 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Firestarter 200
I THINK IT'S BETTER TO HAVE A SEPARATE GIFTBOX FOR ALCHEMY ITEMS, BECAUSE THE CURRENT GIFTBOXES DOESN'T ASSURE THAT YOU'LL GET ITEMS FOR ALCHEMY.

I ALSO GOT A FEELING THAT THE NEXT RIG WILL BE RELATED TO ALCHEMY, IT'S NOT A BAD IDEA TO MAKE ALCHEMY ITEMS A PRIZE ON RIGS OR MAKE A BUNDLE OF IT AND SELL ON CASH SHOP.

Just suggesting...

Greedy Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
The entire alchemy system needs a complete overhaul. Recipes make absolutely no sense in the context of item rarity and marketplace cost. Rare items will now become more rare because they are wanted for more than just avatars. I don't really see a point in taking items out of the marketplace to be used for alchemy. Eventually, an item will become "extinct" because people will use it for recipes.

Why wasn't the community involved with this project? It would have helped to get a good understanding of the marketplace dynamics before destroying what was left of Gaia's economy.

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Panagrammic

Your users here are wanting to know why you devs aren't partaking in this feedback and why you all seem to be virtually ignoring them. . _ .

There are a lot of amazing suggestions on Item Alchemy, and over 200 users are extremely unhappy with the way the feature was suggested. What are you guys waiting for? Why aren't you all speaking back and working with your users like you should?

Greedy Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
> All of the Recipes should be available in the Gold Shops for Gold or Gaia Cash. The idea that "rare" recipes can be obtained from gift boxes and/or Chance Items is extremely insulting. "Winning" a Chance Item by getting a rare recipe is not fun because then you would have to get additional rare items and spend a sum of Gold to get the item from the recipe. It's not a win in the end.

> Items commonly used in recipes, or have multiples required for one recipe, should be obtained either in the Alchemy shop, from other Gold Shops, zOMG, or are able to be obtained continuously from other sources like The Daily Chance or special gift box events.
Why are some of the ingredients unobtainable?
Why aren't these unobtainable ingredients included in the gift box prizes?
Why aren't the Shop's ingredients in the gift box prizes?

> There needs to be a standard for the types of items you can craft, and the items used in the recipe. The current system seems to throw in random items into the recipes and ingredients without any sort of attention to the Marketplace and its dynamic with the community. Nomy The Snail is not an item that the average user would want to craft at a 1000% premium, but it may be required to raise Alchemy Levels. Repo Lamp requires several items from itself to craft. Why would someone want to use up 7 rare items from a chance item to craft the same chance item those items came from if they already have those 7 rare items from it in the first place?

This inconsistencies are confusing and irritating. It feels unfair and unfun.

Confident Genius

And now you're giving us completely mixed signals.

Lanzer
Shadow Coon II
Good evening, guys! I hope you're all doing well. ^^

Just a couple of questions this week:

1.) Regarding the Alchemy feature: is there any chance that Formulas will be released in such a way that you can craft the basic old RIG items necessary for higher-level/rarer item Formulas just by using regular gold shop items and Alchemy components?

2.) Is there any chance you guys could put more Lanzer SDPlus Dolls into circulation? ninja

We put more of our efforts in many brand new items. As for the older RIG items, needless for me to say they are already in the marketplace, so we're careful not to temper too much with them.

ninja maybe we should an alchemy for SD dolls.

Soooo...you don't want to allow us to have a way to get the very components needed to use in alchemy because it would supposedly effect the MP prices.

But stuff like this totally doesn't effect the MP?

User Image
*formula image obtained by Winter Hue

It's detrimental for items to be affordable or at least EXIST in a quantity that can help supply the demand, but a-okay to destroy multiples of an already expensive rare item for the sake of one uber-rare and expensive item item that only a select few can have?

I get that you want the system to be hard. But it's absolutely asinine to expect that people can put hard work into a system that is so broken that the items they would work hard to get -can't even be obtained- just because you can't be arsed to think of better ways to make a profit off of this system without making it a cashsink for RIGs and don't want to damage those RIG sales in any way by making their needed drops available more freely.

Greedy Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
[******** bravo.

Confident Genius

Madalyn ******** bravo.[/quote]Thank you, and I agree with everything you posted. This whole thing is a** backwards.

I thought alchemy was trying to turn lead into gold. Not trying to mix platinum, gold and diamonds to make a turd wrapped in tinfoil and sprinkled with glitter.

I could imagine needing to buy like 10,000 gold shop cat collars and some fur drops from zOMG of each color to make a single cat. (if they gave us a buy in bulk function) Since it would just take saving gold, working hard to afford or win and the supply of them would never run out.

It wouldn't have been hard for them to make this a sensible system. But as is, they're obviously just very very desperate to get people to buy RIGs.

And from what we were told, this quest system that the backwings were to come from, was meant to be accessible by everyone. Not just cash users who are able to get hold of the mandatory ingredients by sheer luck (and many encouraged purchases) and use them to monopolize the entire system until the well runs dry for everyone. Heck, I AM a cash spender and I think it's BS.

I think they should be able to make money off of this system, but this really was the absolute dumbest way to do it and they keep shunning us and acting like us sighing and giving up because they refuse to listen is us appro
larq0oot:0="Madalyn ******** bravo.[/quote]Thank you, and I agree with everything you posted. This whole thing is a** backwards.

I thought alchemy was trying to turn lead into gold. Not trying to mix platinum, gold and diamonds to make a turd wrapped in tinfoil and sprinkled with glitter.

I could imagine needing to buy like 10,000 gold shop cat collars and some fur drops from zOMG of each color to make a single cat. (if they gave us a buy in bulk function) Since it would just take saving gold, working hard to afford or win and the supply of them would never run out.

It wouldn't have been hard for them to make this a sensible system. But as is, they're obviously just very very desperate to get people to buy RIGs.

And from what we were told, this quest system that the backwings were to come from, was meant to be accessible by everyone. Not just cash users who are able to get hold of the mandatory ingredients by sheer luck (and many encouraged purchases) and use them to monopolize the entire system until the well runs dry for everyone. Heck, I AM a cash spender and I think it's BS.

I think they should be able to make money off of this system, but this really was the absolute dumbest way to do it and they keep shunning us and acting like us sighing and giving up because they refuse to listen is us approving.

Greedy Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Sinivar
I used to buy Gaia Cash on a regular basis. At one point, during a six month span some time ago, I spent almost $400. It was crazy, but I stopped spending Gaia Cash because it wasn't fun anymore. The Chance Items weren't fair and no longer gave me joy to play. I stopped giving Gaia money because I wasn't getting enjoyment out of my time on this website. I think some people at Gaia HQ need to learn some fundamentals in game design. You need to reward your players, not punish them. Microtransactions won't work if you shove them down our throats. Pushing us away is not going to get us to buy your digital goods. Give us fairness and we will come. Give us deals, and we will buy. Make a sacrifice and we will be loyal.

I think there's a bigger underlying issue here than just this alchemy thing. There's no Gold to Cash standard. WIthout this standard, they can't entice users to spend money on Gaia Cash without slimy tricks and tactics like Chance Items and super rare item rewards. Now Alchemy comes around, amplifying those same tricks and tactics by making those super rare item rewards require even more super rare item rewards to actually get your super rare item reward. ******** stop with this cycle and get a damn clue guys. With a standard (i.e. 1000 Gaia Gold = 1 GC) , they could offer items at a reduced cost with Gaia Cash (10,000 Gold vs 5 GC). I'd be more enticed to buy Gaia Cash to get items at a reduced cost.

9,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250
Sinivar
Madalyn ******** bravo.[/quote]Thank you, and I agree with everything you posted. This whole thing is a** backwards.

I thought alchemy was trying to turn lead into gold. Not trying to mix platinum, gold and diamonds to make a turd wrapped in tinfoil and sprinkled with gli
larq0oot:1="Madalyn ******** bravo.[/quote]Thank you, and I agree with everything you posted. This whole thing is a** backwards.

Amazing quote. I agree with both of you completely.
My apologies if this has been suggested before, but I would like to be able to sort my recipes by Progress (right now they can be sorted by Level, Name, or Cost). I had a recipe at 88% for a while, but because I couldn't remember what page it was on I kept having to click around to find it.
Madalyn Plith
I think there's a bigger underlying issue here than just this alchemy thing. There's no Gold to Cash standard. WIthout this standard, they can't entice users to spend money on Gaia Cash without slimy tricks and tactics like Chance Items and super rare item rewards. Now Alchemy comes around, amplifying those same tricks and tactics by making those super rare item rewards require even more super rare item rewards to actually get your super rare item reward. ******** stop with this cycle and get a damn clue guys. With a standard (i.e. 1000 Gaia Gold = 1 GC) , they could offer items at a reduced cost with Gaia Cash (10,000 Gold vs 5 GC). I'd be more enticed to buy Gaia Cash to get items at a reduced cost.

I like this idea - however, I've been on a site (Kinsaki.com - which is now almost dead), which had an advised points to credit (gold to cash) equivalent, and... most of the userbase ignored it. (Though on that site, users were also able to SELL cash for gold/credits for points.)

But still having that advisory mark would be helpful!

I'm another person who's disappointed about the silence regarding this feature. : / It seems extremely unprofessional. I love the idea of item synthesis (another thing I miss from Kinsaki), but it needs sorting out/addressing. Stat.
Destroying already rare items and driving them to extinction is stupid. Where did you guys come up with this idea? Look, I usually don't complain, and I try to be polite when I do, but this just-- ugh. The artificial rarity you guys are so obsessed with is annoying enough. I will think twice the next time I think about buying cash. I'm really tired of this obsession with rarity. I want to be able to go to the Cash shop and buy a nice item, not a CHANCE at one... but I digress.

Unless you at LEAST find a reasonable way to re-distribute all the super-rare items that the Alchemy system is going to eat, I won't be using Alchemy.

Guys, I love Gaia, but this is really, really disappointing. This is a Jar Jar Binks level of OH MY GOD WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THIS. D: This is Showgirls-bad. This is Superman 64 wince-inducing badness.

The best suggestion I have for improvement is this: Do not destroy the nonrenewable items in the alchemy process. Collecting all the items is enough of a crazy feat.

Questionable Conversationalist

laughing pixie
Destroying already rare items and driving them to extinction is stupid. Where did you guys come up with this idea? Look, I usually don't complain, and I try to be polite when I do, but this just-- ugh. The artificial rarity you guys are so obsessed with is annoying enough. I will think twice the next time I think about buying cash. I'm really tired of this obsession with rarity. I want to be able to go to the Cash shop and buy a nice item, not a CHANCE at one... but I digress.

Unless you at LEAST find a reasonable way to re-distribute all the super-rare items that the Alchemy system is going to eat, I won't be using Alchemy.

Guys, I love Gaia, but this is really, really disappointing. This is a Jar Jar Binks level of OH MY GOD WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THIS. D: This is Showgirls-bad. This is Superman 64 wince-inducing badness.

The best suggestion I have for improvement is this: Do not destroy the nonrenewable items in the alchemy process. Collecting all the items is enough of a crazy feat.
THIS THIS THIS THIS STILL THIS.

This thing is days away from crashing and burning now.
It's no fun, hardly anyone can participate, and the ingredients are all super expensive/inflated now.

You guys really need to think about these things thoroughly before you push them out.

Wealthy Giver

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alumina Kisarri
Panagrammic

Your users here are wanting to know why you devs aren't partaking in this feedback and why you all seem to be virtually ignoring them. . _ .

There are a lot of amazing suggestions on Item Alchemy, and over 200 users are extremely unhappy with the way the feature was suggested. What are you guys waiting for? Why aren't you all speaking back and working with your users like you should?

I believe part of the issue may be the other side of the feedback. I was looking at the actual alchemy forums and almost every productive post that was made (most topics similar to those suggested here) has been torn to shreds by the [gold and/or cash] rich populace, those individuals who spend far more time bashing ideas than actually thinking about them. Sadly, though as is expected, most of them are Cash supporters. They find no fault in the system because they HAVE the time and (more importantly) money to waste. So what do they care if the starving college kids and folks with lives can't afford to use this feature? Even though we are the majority of this site, I think the devs are more inclined to listen to the brats* because they give the site more money.

*No offense to anyone other than those folks who have the money to throw away and then decide to mercilessly tear the ideas of individuals who don't down. They're rude and unnecessary and we should be able to report them for plainly being an arse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff